HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:06 pm

There's a lot of things to be happy about today but some things not to be happy about.

Let's hear it.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Gameballs:
Harrison
Bell
Burns
Timmons
Cowboys

Goats:
Ben
Offense (no urgency and lack of TDs)

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:26 pm

Fixing What's wrong with that defense isn't needing more " kill shot" tackle attempts...

A win sure...you live to fight another day....but that piss poor execution won't be anywhere close to good enough to get them out of this hole.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Game balls

Harrison
Tuiit

Goats:

Red zone offense again... this game shouldn't have even been remotely close way too many settling for 3s.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:19 pm

Game Balls: Harrison, Tuitt, Bell

Goats: Red Zone offense

Burns looking better than Cockrell
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:37 pm

It's hard to get excited about beating a team that looked as helpless as any NFL team that I can remember, but Harrison got the all-time team sack record, as well as my game ball, which he's had to earn the tough way in a tough division (most years) for a great many years.

I can only cite goatish red zone efficiency for the offense, who really played the kind of ball control style we need to in order to limit the amount of time our defense stays on the field, but more TDs would've been nice.

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Gameballs:

Defense - These guys played very well. Burns had an INT early and looked about the sharpest he has all season. Harrison set the team sack record. Tuitt was an absolute monster... He's a special player that plays violent and sets the tone. I also thought this was the best game I'd seen from Lawrence Timmons in years. Timmons was all over the field, he was fast, physical, and he was even getting after the passer. Shazier also played quite well.

Le'Veon Bell - Without Bell the offense would've been almost non existent. Bell is easily one of the best RBs in the league and he carried the offense today.

Goats:

Receivers besides Brown: Eli Rogers is easily the best receiver right now besides Brown. Outside of that we have nobody who can consistently line up opposite of Brown and challenge opposing defenses. Hamilton drops too many passes and the TEs need to step up. Sammie Coates getting healthy and making an impact of any kind would greatly help this offense.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:06 pm

I have a feeling Artie Burns is gonna be a good one for us
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:54 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
l got that feeling too Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:52 am

steelcrazy wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
l got that feeling too Fire Arians
i

I 've like him for some time but you have to live with rookie learning mistakes. now Gay can play his natural slot position.

I ,m looking forward to next season when Artie Burns Justin Gilbert and Sean Davis all come together could be a very scary secondary.

Steelers get soft in the red zone would like to see some more running plays in the redzone.

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:00 am

don't know if the Steelers blitz is that good or the Browns don't know how to pick up blitzes.

Bell Timmons Shazier Tuitt all game balls.

goats the soft Steelers redzone offense.

but I did like the two 16 play drives which took up about all the first half just need Touchdowns not field goals.

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:59 am

effyou515 wrote:
don't know if the Steelers blitz is that good or the Browns don't know how to pick up blitzes.

Good observation. Rookie QB Kessler hangs onto football too long, while the struggling Browns O line doesn't pick up the extra man well....makes for a lot of sacks and bad throws.

I don't think the Colts O line is performing well, but Luck, TY Hilton and Donte Moncrief are a better trio than Kessler, Pryor and Corey Coleman. Steelers D needs to tighten up for Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:35 am

Gameballs

Defensive line and LBs
Burns
Bell

Goats

Tomlin for the nonsense at the end of the first half, which looked like a fuck you to everyone who has criticized his infatuation with the two point conversion play and the results in the Dallas game - his ego has become Trump like

This from SI.com

It seems like Mike Tomlin takes the field each Sunday trying to find a way to prove that he’s some genius coach, whether it’s his over-the-top two-point conversion attempts or grand gestures on the sideline. Against the Browns and up 6–0, Tomlin just had to go for a touchdown at the Browns’ 1-yard line on an untimed down not once, but twice. Luckily for Tomlin, he was playing the Browns and got the score. Wow, good for him. He’s a genius.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/20/nfl-week-11-wrapup-scores-highlights-storylines
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:23 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Gameballs

Defensive line and LBs
Burns
Bell

Goats

Tomlin for the nonsense at the end of the first half, which looked like a fuck you to everyone who has criticized his infatuation with the two point conversion play and the results in the Dallas game - his ego has become Trump like

This from SI.com

It seems like Mike Tomlin takes the field each Sunday trying to find a way to prove that he’s some genius coach, whether it’s his over-the-top two-point conversion attempts or grand gestures on the sideline. Against the Browns and up 6–0, Tomlin just had to go for a touchdown at the Browns’ 1-yard line on an untimed down not once, but twice. Luckily for Tomlin, he was playing the Browns and got the score. Wow, good for him. He’s a genius.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/20/nfl-week-11-wrapup-scores-highlights-storylines

Oh, it was definitely an F-you to his critics.

I watched very little of the world series this year, but when I did watch or listened to post-game comments, Cubs manager Joe Maddon was often criticized for trying to hard to leave his "mark" or "imprint' on the game by over coaching...using relief pitcher after relief pitcher despite a starter's strong 5 or 6 innings.

Tomlin does the same thing in a different game.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:31 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

This from SI.com

Sure, the safe play is to kick the FG and go up 9-0 at the half, but just like in San Diego last year Tomlin went for it. I think he is making a statement to his team that fortune favors the bold and against a winless team, you take what you want and not settle for what they give you.

I generally enjoy Greg Bedard on SI.com, but he can suck it on this one IMO.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:21 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Good observation.  Rookie QB Kessler hangs onto football too long, while the struggling Browns O line doesn't pick up the extra man well....makes for a lot of sacks and bad throws.

yea, when the same blitz gets to the QB a couple of times and defensive players offensive players one on one getting pushed back to the QB shows the Browns every strong haven't seen the Steelers do that all year.

Quote :
I don't think the Colts O line is performing well, but Luck, TY Hilton and Donte Moncrief are a better trio than Kessler, Pryor and Corey Coleman.  Steelers D needs to tighten up for Thursday.

your right, but Pryor showed me something he's been working hard to be a NFL WR. Remember his Ohio State QB days he'd run the ball through the line of scrimmage then head to the nearest side line.

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns   

Back to top Go down

Gameballs and Goats vs. Browns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: