HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Real Test is Coming to Town...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:55 am

So fortunately we showed that we don't ALWAYS have to play down to the level of our competition with wins against reeling teams in the Browns and Colts. These aren't exactly world beaters, so I hope the team can temper their egos for the real test which will be our next game against the Giants.

Cinci of course couldn't help us with a win against Baltimore that they had every right winning with a position to do so at the end of the game. I've NEVER seen so many batted down passes play after play against Dalton. Ever hear of a pump fake you good for nothing??!

Anyway, we need the W and to do that, Butler will again need to turn up the defensive blitzes and get to Manning. Manning is bad under pressure and history shows he forces passes when rattled which lead to high turnover success. This defense is actually catching some picks (Bye Bye Ike!) and will need to continue to do so if we want to beat a surging Giants squad.

On offense, the triple B's need to do their thing and I think Green is going to have a solid game as well. The Giants are soft on opposing TE's. Besides last weeks game VS the hopeless Browns, Zach Miller, Eifert, and Ertz all had solid weeks VS their D in the last few games.

This is a winnable game that we have to get to keep pace with the Ravens. Although the Ravens have yet to beat any true contenders besides us. And lately, they always beat us in Baltimore, so that's no surprise. They barely beat the Bills week one, and from there have won 2 VS the Browns, the Bengals, and the Jags...give me a break. Of course every idiot fan in town here thinks they are superbowl bound. Miami should show them what's up this week.

Here. We. Go.

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:28 pm

The Giants offense, with Beckham, should give the defense some fits.  However, as you mentioned, if they can rattle Manning, then chances are highly likely we won't have to worry to much about Beckham.  My solution is to check him at the line and disrupt the timing of their plays.  Manning will be looking to get rid of the ball early.

Offensively, it's not just the Killer B's that need to show up but Green, and 'The Outlaw' Jesse James.  I'd like to see Coates be more consistent with his catches and the offense ending drives in TDs, not FGs.

This may actually be the game where a hurry-up/no-huddle offense benefits us.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Agree with the above sentiments. Also I would add that our red zone offense is going to have to produce more then just settling for 3 pointers. This offense move the ball well but then stalls pretty often when it counts. Ben needs to quit going for long bombs so often and just keep moving the chains.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:49 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Agree with the above sentiments. Also I would add that our red zone offense is going to have to produce more then just settling for 3 pointers. This offense move the ball well but then stalls pretty often when it counts. Ben needs to quit going for long bombs so often and just keep moving the chains.

Agreed

Too many 30 yard pass attempts when it's 3rd and 4.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:42 pm

This is definitely going to be a test. If we are for real we need to put these guys away. We need to win the close ones, and find ways to win when things are bleak.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:46 am

Don't forget that the Giants have a pass rush so our O-line needs to protect Ben. We need production from Tuitt, Hargrave and company and Burns is improving. No stupid penalties like late hits or excessive celebrations (even though everyone else does it and it's not called). We just need to play our A-game.

The 3 Bs have to play well with Eli Rogers stepping up. I also agree James and Green need to have a big day.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:01 am

From what I read above, we need Ben, Bell and Brown, Green and James, Coates, the O-line, Rogers, Tuitt, Hargrave, the pass rush and Burns. So practically everyone
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:04 am

Let's hope that Boswell makes his kicks
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:09 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Let's hope that Boswell makes his kicks

And Tomlin doesn't go for 2.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Tomlin asking for Steeler Nation help Sunday:

Quote :
The coach called for the Heinz Field crowd to make noise to disrupt New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning and his no-huddle offense Sunday. “Steelers nation has an opportunity to be a significant contributor to our effort this week,” Tomlin said, noting the Giants “work almost exclusively out of the no-huddle” and “to do that, you have to communicate. If our crowd is effective, it really makes that difficult.”
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:06 pm

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:50 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:

Quote :
The coach called for the Heinz Field crowd to make noise to disrupt New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning and his no-huddle offense Sunday. “Steelers nation has an opportunity to be a significant contributor to our effort this week,” Tomlin said, noting the Giants “work almost exclusively out of the no-huddle” and “to do that, you have to communicate. If our crowd is effective, it really makes that difficult.”

While I understand Steelers Nation should always be loud, I have two comments about a coach calling on the fans to get loud.

1. The Steelers should never need the fans to get loud to out perform any team they're playing be it on the road or at home.
2. The Steelers fan base is always a significant contributor as long as the men on the field are up to the task to be a significant contributor in all aspects of the game.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:02 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:

Quote :

While I understand Steelers Nation should always be loud, I have two comments about a coach calling on the fans to get loud.

1. The Steelers should never need the fans to get loud to out perform any team they're playing be it on the road or at home.
2. The Steelers fan base is always a significant contributor as long as the men on the field are up to the task to be a significant contributor in all aspects of the game.

You my friend are absolutely right. Tomlin saying that is like saying his team is not good enough so the fans have to take up the slack. IS THIS THE NEW STANDARD?
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:41 pm

I have a different take on Coach Cool's comments about making noise.

If the crowd can induce a couple of false start penalties or maybe a muffed shotgun snap in a big spot.....what the hell.....beg for more noise.

He wants the crowd to be effective on Sunday..... fine.
In return, we want the team and coaches to be effective. Sounds fair.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:08 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
I have a different take on Coach Cool's comments about making noise.

If the crowd can induce a couple of false start penalties or maybe a muffed shotgun snap in a big spot.....what the hell.....beg for more noise.

He wants the crowd to be effective on Sunday..... fine.
In return, we want the team and coaches to be effective.  Sounds fair.

Well said, let them get a good game plan and well coached game. If the crowd can help motivate the team and disrupt the Giants a little, all the better.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:15 am

the Steelers are slowly getting better and they need to come out on fire and play a great x's and o's game with great crowd noise.

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:49 am

Tomlin knows if the defense and offense are playing a great game there will be noise when the giants have the ball. His game plan and the team execution will determine how loud the crowd is. That's not just us that's any team.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:33 am

Read an article today where Little Eli has been getting advice from Big Brother on how to beat the Steelers. Well hell Eli, if you've been watching any film you would see it's not too difficult. However, you also aren't Pey-Pey.

While your defense is strong, you seem to falter at the end of every season. That is what I'm hoping for come Sunday. Not just that you falter, but that you falter hard, early, and often.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Anyway, we need the W and to do that, Butler will again need to turn up the defensive blitzes and get to Manning.  Manning is bad under pressure and history shows he forces passes when rattled which lead to high turnover success.  

Check and check.  2 Sacks, 2 Picks and a ton of hurries.  The D did their thing.

Drizztbob wrote:
This defense is actually catching some picks (Bye Bye Ike!) and will need to continue to do so if we want to beat a surging Giants squad.

And we did!

Drizztbob wrote:
On offense, the triple B's need to do their thing and I think Green is going to have a solid game as well.  The Giants are soft on opposing TE's.  Besides last weeks game VS the hopeless Browns, Zach Miller, Eifert, and Ertz all had solid weeks VS their D in the last few games.

Ladarius had 6 for 110 and a TD...as predicted, he did awesome.

Drizztbob wrote:
This is a winnable game that we have to get to keep pace with the Ravens.  

Let's take the W, the coaching staff can thank me later...on to Buffalo!

PostSubject: Re: Real Test is Coming to Town...   

Back to top Go down

Real Test is Coming to Town...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: