HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Game Balls and goats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:33 pm

GB:

Boswell.

2nd half defense.

The Terrible Towel.

goats:

DeCastro with his penalties.

Coates, He has to step up.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:39 pm

No doubt Boswell gets the ultimate game ball as he made up the majority of our points.
Back up defensive line gets the other one after Tuitt went down after already down Heyward.

Goats:
Haley's redzone offense. Vanilla, and Ben did him no favors.

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Boswell for sure....also helped out and made a tackle on STs

WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Gameball- Jeremy Hill

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:25 pm

Game Ball

Boswell

And a mad 2nd half Defense

Goats

Decastro

Ben (terrible passes again) deep ball on 3rd and 3 AGAIN... JUST MOVE THE CHAINS...

Haley play calling on offense makes you shake your head some days.
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:39 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Game Ball

Boswell

And a mad 2nd half Defense

Goats

Decastro

Ben (terrible passes again) deep ball on 3rd and 3 AGAIN... JUST MOVE THE CHAINS...

Haley play calling on offense makes you shake your head some days.

The thing about watching on TV or at the stadium is we don't really know what the play calls are, if the play is run as called or is Ben checking out of it. I think Ben has a lot more latitude to call the play at the line than we know.

GAME BALLS Boswell of course, but DEEBO was awesome again today as was Timmon and a nice job by our secondary

GOATS Decastro and Bell for that chop nullifying a TD, but only a goat on that one play from Bell, he was again outstanding. and the officials get a goat for the inconsistent calls made against both teams
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Gameballs:
Boswell
Defense (2nd half only)

Goats:
Roethlisberger
O-line
Defense (1st half only)
All the players with STOOPID PENALTIES

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Game balls go to Boswell and ...

Myron Cope

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:54 pm

Like a Bos!
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Do I need to say the name Boswell? MVP all the way today. The offense did enough to win today I guess, but they'll need to do more down the stretch (no shit, right?). The other ball I want to give would be to James Harrison for being a DE disguised as a LB for most of his career, and then actually playing that position today, with great aplomb as well. I don't think I've posted anything anywhere about the possibility of Harrison playing DE either as a sub or permanently, but I've had many conversations about it over beers with fellow fans, and so now I have to thank James for proving me right! You rock!

As goats go, no one really played horribly, unless you want to count the refs, who wouldn't call anything in our favor early on, but then completely reversed course later. The closest thing the Steelers had to a goat was Tomlin's decision to go for 2 when it was barely logical to do so, especially when considering how much the offense struggled at putting anything in the end zone today, no matter how close we were. I would have preferred that we prepared (by kicking the 1 pt try) for the possibility the Bungholes could score a TD (like earlier when they were doing that easily), and then be ready to drive down the field and kick the game winning FG, rather than the game tying FG. Or, Cinci doesn't score a TD, but then we kick another FG (as we'd been doing), which then forces them to score a TD plus a 2-pt conversion just to tie it. Either way, going for it made less sense than not

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:16 pm

I think we started off shaky but gameball to this team as a whole for overcoming adversity. That's been a weakness this season, when things aren't going well, especially on the road, we have a tough time having any success. Today they fought, showed resolve, and patience in the face of a dirty team trying to turn the game into a sideshow at the circus again. They won. There were mistakes, but good teams overcome adversity and get the W regardless. I'm proud of how they came back.

Now it's time to blast the Ratbirds, and win the North.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:28 am

Gameballs:
Boswell
Defense in the second half

Goats:
Defense in the first half
Haley

Haley totally ignored Nix in the first half. We don't have Bryant and Coates is not 100%. The Steelers are not going to scare anyone by spreading 5.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:01 am

Gameballs:

Boswell
Defense in the 2nd half
Eli Rogers
DeCastro-while many declared him a goat, I give him a game ball for trying to break Burfict's neck

Goats:

Haley's trick plays-end around to Coates...really??
Tomlin's obsession with 2-pt conversions
Ben-for most of the game
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:35 am

Gameballs:

Boswell
2nd half defense
Rogers (good job stepping up)

Goats:
Cockrell (first half)
Burns (1st half PI in the endzone) Turn around man.
Tomlin for going for 2 when it was not necessary!
Officiating (so many missed calls that should have gone our way) Especially the facemask in the endzone.

This kind of game will make you old fast just watching it but I tip my hat. Maybe we turned the corner (at least I hope we did) in regard to playing down to lesser competition. The Bengals tried to be the "BULLIES" and they poked the bear. The bear bit them in the ass because they're just no good at this sort of thing.

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:45 am

It's a win, and I will take it, but I am not high on today's performance. I was feeling a bit salty yesterday, and still do today.

Gameballs:

• Boswell - no explanation needed.
  • Second half defense - did what they needed to do. Special nod to Timmons, who played a fantastic game.

Goats:

• Ben - this is two weeks in a row of questionable decision making and the accuracy just isn't there. Makes you wonder if he has an undisclosed injury?
  • Coaching - awful all around. Going for the 2, letting Ben [maybe, if Ben didn't call that himself] bomb them 30 yards on 3rd and 3, letting Ben [maybe, if Ben didn't call that himself] pass on that 3rd and 3 at the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:20 am

That penalty on the AB TD pass derailed things a lot. I think if the Steelers get that TD, things would have been different in the 1st half.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:09 am

OX1947 wrote:
That penalty on the AB TD pass derailed things a lot. I think if the Steelers get that TD, things would have been different in the 1st half.

True, but if DeCastro doesn't hold Peko, then Ben gets lit up likely. DeCastro got too high there and if he sits down and anchors better then its a TD and a different game like you say. Small O line technique can make that big a difference.

Also, CB's are taught that when the WR puts his hands up to catch the football, the CB shoots an arm between the WR arms and turns his head around to look for the ball. If Burns uses that technique, then he doesn't get the PI and put the Bengals on the 1 yard line.

Hargrave got blown up a lot in the run game too, but in the end its a W and that matters the most.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:33 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

True, but if DeCastro doesn't hold Peko, then Ben gets lit up likely.

I agree about the DeCastro hold, but I think OX is referring to Le'Veon getting called for a chop block, that negated AB's TD.

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:39 pm

Which by definition of the rule, was not even a chop block:

A Chop Block is a block by the offense in which one offensive player (designated as A1 for purposes of this rule) blocks a defensive player in the area of the thigh or lower while another offensive player (A2) engages that same defensive player above the waist.Mar 23, 2016

Bell's block was clearly waist high. Another example of poor officiating.

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:20 pm

Drizztbob wrote:

A Chop Block is a block by the offense in which one offensive player (designated as A1 for purposes of this rule) blocks a defensive player in the area of the thigh or lower while another offensive player (A2) engages that same defensive player above the waist.Mar 23, 2016

Bell's block was clearly waist high.  Another example of poor officiating.  

IDK, it looked pretty close to me. What had me frustrated with the call is that Bell went low on the guy at the exact same time the lineman hit him high. Wasn't a case of an O-lineman already engaged and Bell took out the legs. When I saw the replay, I really think Bell went low on the guy thinking he was the only blocker on him. It was a bang/bang play. Didn't care for the call as it seemed close, but couldn't really argue it either.

What had me pissed with the refs are the multiple facemasks the Bungles DBs were doing against the Steelers WRs. How were the refs missing them?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:08 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:

IDK, it looked pretty close to me. What had me frustrated with the call is that Bell went low on the guy at the exact same time the lineman hit him high. Wasn't a case of an O-lineman already engaged and Bell took out the legs. When I saw the replay, I really think Bell went low on the guy thinking he was the only blocker on him. It was a bang/bang play. Didn't care for the call as it seemed close, but couldn't really argue it either.

What had me pissed with the refs are the multiple facemasks the Bungles DBs were doing against the Steelers WRs. How were the refs missing them?
I agree with you, it looked like a chop block, a high and low block by 2 blockers.

Yeah, some facemasks missed and I thought Burfict lead with the crown of the helmet on a 3rd down incompletion to Eli Rogers earlier in the game. Not sure how you miss Burfict hitting a WR with the crown of the helmet with the past history.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:34 am

Gameball: Boswell. Best all around game from a kicker i've seen.

Goats: Refs for the missed calls notably the no facemask call on Coates in the end zone, and the sketchy call on the block that negated AB's TD.

Also, as others have said, the 1st half D and DD's holding penalties.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:57 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:

I agree with you, it looked like a chop block, a high and low block by 2 blockers.

Yeah, some facemasks missed and I thought Burfict lead with the crown of the helmet on a 3rd down incompletion to Eli Rogers earlier in the game.  Not sure how you miss Burfict hitting a WR with the crown of the helmet with the past history.

And I'm not sure how they missed the blow to the head of Green (wasn't Burfict, maybe their safety?).

The thing that really has me baffled is how Burfict is helped off the field after the DeCastro blow to the head. Then comes back into the game. So much for the concussion protocol in Cincy. But then again, you probably need a brain first in order to have a concussion.

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:41 am

kirklandrules wrote:

And I'm not sure how they missed the blow to the head of Green (wasn't Burfict, maybe their safety?).

The thing that really has me baffled is how Burfict is helped off the field after the DeCastro blow to the head. Then comes back into the game. So much for the concussion protocol in Cincy. But then again, you probably need a brain first in order to have a concussion.

I was amazed that Dan Fouts was pointing out the facemask in the end zone, the non PI call when Kirkpatrick put " two hands on Coates and prevented him from adjusting back to the football" as missed calls by the refs. For almost 2 seasons I notice Fouts tends to call games with an opposition to the Steelers. Its subtle, but he points out things the Steelers could be called for, but in the same game doesn't reference James Harrison getting held, interference penalties, etc by the other team.

Maybe Fouts hates the Bengals worse than the Steelers, or maybe he just had to comment about the non calls because they were obvious, but I was really thinking....when Dan Fouts is pointing out the Steelers not getting calls, they must be obvious.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:32 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

I was amazed that Dan Fouts was pointing out the facemask in the end zone, the non PI call when Kirkpatrick put " two hands on Coates and prevented him from adjusting back to the football" as missed calls by the refs.  For almost 2 seasons I notice Fouts tends to call games with an opposition to the Steelers.  Its subtle, but he points out things the Steelers could be called for, but in the same game doesn't reference James Harrison getting held, interference penalties, etc by the other team.

Maybe Fouts hates the Bengals worse than the Steelers, or maybe he just had to comment about the non calls because they were obvious, but I was really thinking....when Dan Fouts is pointing out the Steelers not getting calls, they must be obvious.

And he was pretty adamant about it. Definitely sounded disgusted with the lack of that facemask call.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and goats   

Back to top Go down

Game Balls and goats
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: