HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:18 am

Todd Haley: Haley went 19-26 in two-plus seasons as a head coach with Kansas City, but he did lead the Chiefs to the AFC West title in 2010 with a 10-6 record. He has been the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive coordinator since 2012 and his units the last two seasons were among the NFL's best. The Steelers ranked second in total yards, second in passing and seventh in scoring in 2014, and third in total yards, third in passing and fourth in scoring last season. They rank in the top 10 in total yards and passing yards this season. Haley has a reputation for being combative and aggressive with his players, which would be a 180 from the way Bradley treated his players.

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20335/tom-coughlin-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels-names-to-watch-in-jaguars-search
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10969
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:52 am

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Todd Haley: Haley went 19-26 in two-plus seasons as a head coach with Kansas City, but he did lead the Chiefs to the AFC West title in 2010 with a 10-6 record. He has been the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive coordinator since 2012 and his units the last two seasons were among the NFL's best. The Steelers ranked second in total yards, second in passing and seventh in scoring in 2014, and third in total yards, third in passing and fourth in scoring last season. They rank in the top 10 in total yards and passing yards this season. Haley has a reputation for being combative and aggressive with his players, which would be a 180 from the way Bradley treated his players.

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20335/tom-coughlin-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels-names-to-watch-in-jaguars-search

I know one fan who would complete support this!

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:12 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Todd Haley: Haley went 19-26 in two-plus seasons as a head coach with Kansas City, but he did lead the Chiefs to the AFC West title in 2010 with a 10-6 record. He has been the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive coordinator since 2012 and his units the last two seasons were among the NFL's best. The Steelers ranked second in total yards, second in passing and seventh in scoring in 2014, and third in total yards, third in passing and fourth in scoring last season. They rank in the top 10 in total yards and passing yards this season. Haley has a reputation for being combative and aggressive with his players, which would be a 180 from the way Bradley treated his players.

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20335/tom-coughlin-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels-names-to-watch-in-jaguars-search

I know one fan who would complete support this!

I wonder who.....

on a complimentary note, did you see Arizona lock down a losing season by getting dropped by the Saints in Phoenix? If the Steelers lose Haley there might be a OC on the market.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert



Posts : 762
Likes : 419
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:18 am

.............As long as he shreds the "trick plays" section of his playbook before his interview.  
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2498
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:58 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Todd Haley: Haley went 19-26 in two-plus seasons as a head coach with Kansas City, but he did lead the Chiefs to the AFC West title in 2010 with a 10-6 record. He has been the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive coordinator since 2012 and his units the last two seasons were among the NFL's best. The Steelers ranked second in total yards, second in passing and seventh in scoring in 2014, and third in total yards, third in passing and fourth in scoring last season. They rank in the top 10 in total yards and passing yards this season. Haley has a reputation for being combative and aggressive with his players, which would be a 180 from the way Bradley treated his players.

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20335/tom-coughlin-todd-haley-josh-mcdaniels-names-to-watch-in-jaguars-search

I know one fan who would complete support this!

Gee, I wonder who that could be?

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2609
Likes : 491
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:11 am

I believe Haley is a much better OC than a head coach for what it's worth which is nothing.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2498
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:43 am

@solardave wrote:
I believe Haley is a much better OC than a head coach for what it's worth which is nothing.

I agree 110% and if he was to take that Jacksonville job I think it'd be even uglier than when he was the HC in KC.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
OX1947

avatar

Posts : 809
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-04-12
Location : Winchester, CA.

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Haley is playing for another head coaching job. If the Steelers win it all, he is gonna get it. If Bell rolls the rest of the way, ends up winning super bowl mvp, he is going to be the highest paid RB in football. Big Ben wins one more super bowl, he will seal the Hall of Fame in the first ballot.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1299
Likes : 568
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:32 pm

As some of you know, Haley is a cousin of a family friend. My understanding is that he felt Pioli really undercut him in KC. Personally as a Steelers fan, I do hope he stays here since he's done a great job IMO and this is sort of short of being HC of the Steelers themselves a dream for him. I don't know how he'd do if he got a second go around as HC but some guys are just better coordinators than they are HCs. Dick Lebeau was probably the best coordinator I ever saw but he really wasn't much of a HC. Now granted those Bengals teams he had were awful but I think Dick would be the first to agree that his career as a DC was much better. I hope Todd stays but if your assistants are getting looked at as HC material, that does reflect well on your franchise so if Haley and the Steelers do go all the way and he gets anotehr HC job, I won't be too upset but all things being equal, I'd prefer he stay.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2498
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:03 am

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
As some of you know, Haley is a cousin of a family friend. My understanding is that he felt Pioli really undercut him in KC. Personally as a Steelers fan, I do hope he stays here since he's done a great job IMO and this is sort of short of being HC of the Steelers themselves a dream for him. I don't know how he'd do if he got a second go around as HC but some guys are just better coordinators than they are HCs. Dick Lebeau was probably the best coordinator I ever saw but he really wasn't much of a HC. Now granted those Bengals teams he had were awful but I think Dick would be the first to agree that his career as a DC was much better. I hope Todd stays but if your assistants are getting looked at as HC material, that does reflect well on your franchise so if Haley and the Steelers do go all the way and he gets anotehr HC job, I won't be too upset but all things being equal, I'd prefer he stay.

Don't give Crash that information!

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
TheConfluence
Banned


Posts : 18
Likes : 0
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:56 am

Unless he finds another friend who runs a team (which he's about out of) he'll never get anothger HC job if it's not the Steelers.  

The rest of the league talks.  They know he's unstable off the field.

You guys ban me but won't stop talking about me.


If anything that game Sunday proved my point: Toddy's infatuation with scrub tight ends and fullbacks made Ben look like a chump for 45 minutes.

Then with 15 minutes to go in their season, they did it BEN'S WAY, which is also MY WAY of how the offense should look for 60 minutes.

21 points in three drives, and win the North.

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2792
Likes : 517
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:45 pm

Think Haley and Munchak are developing one heck of a running attack their running the out of a lot of different formations.

Hope him and Munchak stay for a bit.

now all the Steelers need is a healthy #2 RB some what of a clone of Bell.

_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:04 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
[

Don't give Crash that information!

You went and said his name. Its like you refer to a certain Shakespeare work as "That Scottish Play" to avoid the curse.

Now there is going to be another long, delusional rant about a OC that hasn't been in the Burgh for years and how you only hire from within, but not somebody that is related to a former employee and a bunch of other bizarre assertions that are based upon one single closed minded opinion.

It just sucks the energy out of this place.
Back to top Go down
TheConfluence
Banned


Posts : 18
Likes : 0
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:21 pm

The ONLY people who care about Arians, are YOU PEOPLE.  

MY posts in this place is mostly how a HOF QB is being wasted by an unqualified idiot who's more worried about showing everyone how his cute little tricks work.  

15 minutes left in their season, Toddy trick formations that were used in the opening 45 minutes went away, and Roethlisberger and his wides won the game.

3 wides, a RB, a TE, and send the backup scrub TE/useless scrub FBs to the bench.  

On Twitter?  It's called the #CRASHFormation

You're welcome.


Last edited by TheConfluence on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:42 pm

See IowaSteeler.....I told ya.

How delusional do you have to be to post a formation on Twitter and think anybody actually gives a crap?
Back to top Go down
TheConfluence
Banned


Posts : 18
Likes : 0
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:45 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
See IowaSteeler.....I told ya.

How delusional do you have to be to post a formation on Twitter and think anybody actually gives a crap?

You should, because when that formation is featured?  NOTHING stops them but penalties or weather.  

The Dallas game was perhaps the best game plan Haley's had in 5 years.  

Most of their 74 snaps, had at least 3 wides on it.  And they scored 30 against arguably the best team in football.

Just like the 2013 Lions game when the #CF was born, 77 snaps, Brown, Cotchery, Sanders/Wheaton combo (Sanders got hurt) had 67 snaps and they had their best offensive output of the season that year.

BUT.....since that Dallas game ended?  Haley's tried to use #45, #74, and #82 MORE.

And the offense has been erratic since.

If Green comes back?  Coates comes back?  

#26    #89 (OR #81, 1 TE set)     #14/#17/84  

And get the hell out of their way and win the Conference.  And that INCLUDES going to New England.


Last edited by TheConfluence on Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:51 pm

@TheConfluence wrote:
The ONLY people who care about Arians, are YOU PEOPLE.  
.

Then why do you post in the Steelers v Ravens Gameballs and Goats thread an unsolicited Arians reference??


PostSubject: Re: week 16: Steelers vs rat-turds Gameballs & Goats Today at 4:13 pm +0

Reply with quote

Opening drive TDs in the Ben Era each OC:

Arians five years: 22

Whiz three years: 14

Haley five years: 12

For Haley to have two less than Whiz with two EXTRA seasons, is a sin





Back to top Go down
TheConfluence
Banned


Posts : 18
Likes : 0
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:58 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@TheConfluence wrote:
The ONLY people who care about Arians, are YOU PEOPLE.  
.

Then why do you post in the Steelers v Ravens Gameballs and Goats thread an unsolicited Arians reference??

No, that's a reference of the BEN ERA. I also used Whiz and Haley. Being that they are the three OC's Ben has had to comment on his point about how we don't start fast anymore.

Simple comparisons of three coaches.
Back to top Go down
TheConfluence
Banned


Posts : 18
Likes : 0
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:16 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:


I know one fan who would complete support this!

See?  I wasn't even here, and you troll me.

If you're going to troll me, have the nerve to reinstate my Crash ID.

We can disagree on opinions.

But we all have the same GOAL.  

#7
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2498
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:23 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
See IowaSteeler.....I told ya.

How delusional do you have to be to post a formation on Twitter and think anybody actually gives a crap?


_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1964
Likes : 1161
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Back to top Go down
TheConfluence
Banned


Posts : 18
Likes : 0
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:29 pm

Don't show that shit. The was the game Ben got hurt and our defense got LeBeaued.

But that would be perfect if it was his wife considering their lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
TheConfluence
Banned


Posts : 18
Likes : 0
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:10 am

Btw here is Jeremy Fowler of ESPN in a tiff about Green missing the game:

Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN
Dec 18
Ladarius Green's concussion protocol will loom large this week. Considering his history in S.D., this isn't welcome news for the team.


Here is my reply:

Mr. Crash @SteelersCrash
Dec 18
@JFowlerESPN Playing Jesse James for Green isn't the issue.  Having James on the field WITH David Johnson and Chris Hubbard, is.


Ben's second pick?  James and Johnson running routes, AB off the field.  Hubbard as the 3rd TE.  

Again, not rocket science.  

Last three drives they ran 30 plays, 29 had ONE TIGHT END, that was Jesse James, who played every down in that 4th quarter and made several big catches for Ben because more speed was on the field and he exploited his one on one matchup and caught 4 passes in the 4th quarter.

I also said this before the game:  

Mr. Crash @SteelersCrash
Dec 19
@LiberalMedia_ Ben makes wide outs better. I'll take Ben and any three wides on his roster and they'll score 30 points. #Steelers
   

Ben proved my point in the final 15 minutes.  Grimble, Johnson (1 play), Nix, Hubbard, all on the bench.  

Ben had Brown, and guys like Eli (best of the lot), Ayers, and Colbi Hamilton out there.  Not exactly the 1978, 1995, or the 2009 group.  

Haley never used DW in the backfield with Bell in the slot, which surprised me.  

And they were dominate, even when they HAD to pass. Imagine how good they'd be if they had to play the run honest?

I have more faith in #7 and his wides with 1 tight end and Bell, than HALEY does.  

And that's a shame.  

I told you guys before the year that you can pretty much guess how the offense will play simply by the mixing, and shuffling Haley does with his backup FB/TE's.  

First 25 plays snap counts in 45 minutes:

#45: 11

#74: 10

#82: 10

#85: 9 (TD)

Too much shuffling.  Not enough speed.  The constant mix and matching that stops our own offense.

10 points


Last 30 plays snap counts in less than 15 minuteds:

#45: 0

#74: 0

#82: 1

#85: 0  

21 points on three drives.    

Again, when Haley allows the TALENT to dictate the game and not his trickster bullshit?  I have no issues with him.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:26 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
See IowaSteeler.....I told ya.

How delusional do you have to be to post a formation on Twitter and think anybody actually gives a crap?


OK, I get it. Not only is he so delusional to think he needs to post this stuff on Twitter.....now he thinks if he copies his tweets into this board that somebody will give a crap.

I guess its entertaining to some, kind of like this stuff.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search   

Back to top Go down
 
Haley a name to watch in Jaguars Coach Search
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: