HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:20 pm

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Starkey's Mailbag: Is Mike Tomlin the right coach for the Steelers?

January 3, 2017
By Joe Starkey / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Welcome to Joe Starkey’s weekly mailbag, where the Post-Gazette columnist and 93.7 The Fan radio host answers your questions about sports, life, Buffalo, Bob Dylan and everything in between. On to the questions:

Randy White Jr., @RandyWhitejr: In your opinion is Mike Tomlin the right coach for the Steelers?

Starkey: Funny you should ask, Mr. White. No really. It’s laugh-out-loud funny that you should ask. The man is coming off his second division title in three years. His team is riding a seven-game winning streak and just made the playoffs for the third consecutive year (Steelers’ longest streak since mid-90s), and this question keeps coming up? Why? Because Terry Bradshaw and Jason Wrong-lock think it should? (Wrong-lock, incidentally, tweeted out his coach rankings the other day and had Marvin Lewis ahead of Tomlin, even though Lewis is 2-14 at home against the Steelers and has NO PLAYOFF WINS IN 14 YEARS. Wrong-lock also predicted, a few years ago, that Todd Haley would one day get Tomlin fired; instead, the Steelers have finished in the top 10 in scoring for three consecutive years for the first time since the early ‘80s).

The Tomlin-haters’ refrain, which they belt out like braying mules, is “One playoff win in the past five years!” as if there’s nothing else to look at there besides the head coach. It’s such a dumbed-down, made-for-morons opinion (not that there’s anything wrong with that; morons make people rich). No thought, no perspective. Just a molten take, designed to rile up fans who cannot think for themselves and do not like Tomlin for one reason or another.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2017/01/03/mike-tomlin-steelers-coach-terry-bradshaw-jason-whitlock-nfl-playoffs/stories/201701030124
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:48 pm

The more the Blond Bomber has opened his mouth over the years, the less I like him.

Whitlock's limited credibility is completely gone now.

Marvin Lewis over Mike Tomlin....you gotta be kidding me. How do support that opinion?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:56 pm

@FrancoLambert wrote:
The more the Blond Bomber has opened his mouth over the years, the less I like him.  

Marvin Lewis over Mike Tomlin....you gotta be kidding me.  How do support that opinion?

With drugs! Lots and lots of drugs.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:03 pm

@FrancoLambert wrote:

Marvin Lewis over Mike Tomlin....you gotta be kidding me.  How do support that opinion?
Did he really say that? Man I just lost a respect for Terry. I mean the cheerleader comment was bad enough IMO but Mike is clearly a better coach than Lewis. Whose players can keep calm at crucial moments? Hint, not Lewis's.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:12 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Starkey's Mailbag: Is Mike Tomlin the right coach for the Steelers?

The Tomlin-haters’ refrain, which they belt out like braying mules, is “One playoff win in the past five years!” as if there’s nothing else to look at there besides the head coach. It’s such a dumbed-down, made-for-morons opinion (not that there’s anything wrong with that; morons make people rich). No thought, no perspective. Just a molten take, designed to rile up fans who cannot think for themselves and do not like Tomlin for one reason or another.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2017/01/03/mike-tomlin-steelers-coach-terry-bradshaw-jason-whitlock-nfl-playoffs/stories/201701030124

With that highlighted line, Starkey breaks down the discussion accurately.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:52 am

Bill Cowher added his two cents on to TBs comments:

Quote :
“It’s unfortunate because it comes from a guy like Terry who is so much a part of the history of the Pittsburgh Steelers,” Cowher said in a story written by Teresa Varley of Steelers.com. “With all due respect to Terry, there is a lot more that gets involved with coaching than playing. I know Terry understands that. I think it’s more unfortunate and a little disappointing.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-cowher-calls-terry-bradshaws-comments-disappointing/?ref=yfp

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:18 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
Bill Cowher added his two cents on to TBs comments:

Quote :
“It’s unfortunate because it comes from a guy like Terry who is so much a part of the history of the Pittsburgh Steelers,” Cowher said in a story written by Teresa Varley of Steelers.com. “With all due respect to Terry, there is a lot more that gets involved with coaching than playing. I know Terry understands that. I think it’s more unfortunate and a little disappointing.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-cowher-calls-terry-bradshaws-comments-disappointing/?ref=yfp

That's a kind way of saying: "Terry, here's your toy. Now be a good boy, go play and let the adults speak."

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:08 pm

This nugget from a very favorable article on Coach Tomlin in today's Washington Post

Mike Tomlin’s confidence lets him brush off critics like Terry Bradshaw

Herm Edwards had left Tampa Bay to become the New York Jets’ head coach in 2001, and Dungy had asked a few scouts for outside-the-box candidates to replace Edwards as secondary coach. Tomlin’s name and ability to communicate kept coming up, and Dungy invited him to interview. Kiffin asked Tomlin questions for 15 hours. Dungy made up his mind after 15 minutes. ...

“I was pretty sold. He knew exactly what he wanted to do,” Dungy said, and if anything, Tomlin reminded the future Hall of Fame coach of himself.

Two decades earlier, legendary Steelers coach Chuck Noll — the man who coached Bradshaw to four Super Bowl wins — had hired Dungy at age 25 to coach Pittsburgh’s defensive backs. Dungy was eager but overwhelmed. How, he asked Noll, should he coach Donnie Shell and Mel Blount, Pro Bowlers who were both older than Dungy? Noll told the young coach that, whether he went about it as teacher, drill sergeant or cheerleader, if the players got better, how he did it was unimportant. Dungy said he passed that lesson along to Tomlin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/mike-tomlins-confidence-lets-him-brush-off-critics-like-terry-bradshaw/2017/01/05/96291158-d366-11e6-a783-cd3fa950f2fd_story.html?utm_term=.44efbec324d2

I have not read of any comments by Bradshaw trying to walk back his insult - as a certain president-elect might tweet, Sad!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'   

Back to top Go down

Terry Bradshaw not a huge fan of Steelers' Mike Tomlin: 'He's a cheerleader guy'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: