HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Crow never been so tasty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1962
Likes : 1160
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Crow never been so tasty    Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:53 pm

I thought the season was over after 4-5, I was wrong thankfully lol.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1299
Likes : 568
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Yeah I was worried too. Thought maybe a slight possibility of sneaking in as the 6 seed but wasn't optimistic since the AFC West looked like they could do two-fers and Miami had the tie-breaker. I feel good about the playoffs. We seem to be getting hot at that right moment.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1962
Likes : 1160
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:59 pm

Totally, really liking what I see from the young players / rookies as well. The arrow is definitely pointing up
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1299
Likes : 568
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:07 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Totally, really liking what I see from the young players / rookies as well. The arrow is definitely pointing up
Yeah it's looking like it was a good draft. I have to say while I liked Shamarko and still root for him to do well knowing his personal story, Sean Davis is more talented and intelligent, I think I remember reading that Sean speaks Mandarin. Burns has good hands and while he's had his share of rookie mistakes, he's also made some nice plays too and man is he a great story too given that he's raising his son and younger siblings with his fiancee since his father is in prison and his mother passed away.. Hargrave is a throw back to the Bill Nunn era where we found a lot of gems at smaller schools and has impressed. Ayers and Matekivitch were both decent special teams guys. And I think Hawkins the tackle we got from LSU was looking good before he got hurt and we know about Coach Munchak's ability with the o-line. The one guy we lost was Feeney, the kid from UW who was plucked off the practice squad. Really good to have a draft like that. Hopefully Colbert and co keep it going next year.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:40 pm

After a 4 game losing streak I think only natural to think along those lines. I was also pretty worried at that point. The glimmer of light I saw at 4-5 was it reminded me of 1989 when they started 4-6, still made the playoffs, and came within a couple points of the AFC CG.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:59 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
I thought the season was over after 4-5, I was wrong thankfully lol.
Yeah, I was gonna bump that thread and go all angrychair on you. Even though I think you have to wait 3 years to officially angrychair somebody.

Way to own it. Way to unleash hell in December!!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2488
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:08 am

I'm not expecting a Super Bowl this season, if it happens that would be absolutely awesome. My gut feeling is that this season is going to be the stepping stone for next season. We still have a few key holes to fill for this team to be dominant. Next season we're going to have Martavis Bryant back, and hopefully Sammie Coates will be back to form as well. This offense with Ben, Brown, Bryant, Bell, Green, Rogers, and Coates is going to be scarier than ever. We just need to draft for depth, and draft some more defensive players that can come in and get after the QB. This team is on the cusp of greatness, I feel like it anyway, but I could be wrong.

So if a Super Bowl happens this year, fantastic, but if it doesn't, we've got a great foundation to build on.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:32 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm not expecting a Super Bowl this season, if it happens that would be absolutely awesome. My gut feeling is that this season is going to be the stepping stone for next season. We still have a few key holes to fill for this team to be dominant. Next season we're going to have Martavis Bryant back, and hopefully Sammie Coates will be back to form as well. This offense with Ben, Brown, Bryant, Bell, Green, Rogers, and Coates is going to be scarier than ever. We just need to draft for depth, and draft some more defensive players that can come in and get after the QB. This team is on the cusp of greatness, I feel like it anyway, but I could be wrong.

So if a Super Bowl happens this year, fantastic, but if it doesn't, we've got a great foundation to build on.


My first inclination is to agree that we aren't quite ready. That being said in a short playoff season it's my belief anything can happen....in the past stranger things have happened. The odds are stacked going to NE but the Giants are perfect recent proof that even a Wild Card underdog can rise to the occasion for one game. We have some elite offensive players playing together for the 1st time in the playoffs that could dominate any single game. If we get Green and Coates healthy to go with Rogers the offense maybe could carry the day. I'm hoping, but not expecting SB either, but I'd like to see the Steelers have a chance to roll the dice.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2488
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:15 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm not expecting a Super Bowl this season, if it happens that would be absolutely awesome. My gut feeling is that this season is going to be the stepping stone for next season. We still have a few key holes to fill for this team to be dominant. Next season we're going to have Martavis Bryant back, and hopefully Sammie Coates will be back to form as well. This offense with Ben, Brown, Bryant, Bell, Green, Rogers, and Coates is going to be scarier than ever. We just need to draft for depth, and draft some more defensive players that can come in and get after the QB. This team is on the cusp of greatness, I feel like it anyway, but I could be wrong.

So if a Super Bowl happens this year, fantastic, but if it doesn't, we've got a great foundation to build on.


My first inclination is to agree that we aren't quite ready. That being said in a short playoff season it's my belief anything can happen....in the past stranger things have happened. The odds are stacked going to NE but the Giants are perfect recent proof that even a Wild Card underdog can rise to the occasion for one game. We have some elite offensive players playing together for the 1st time in the playoffs that could dominate any single game. If we get Green and Coates healthy to go with Rogers the offense maybe could carry the day. I'm hoping, but not expecting SB either, but I'd like to see the Steelers have a chance to roll the dice.

They definitely have a chance. I sincerely hope they find a way. #7 would be oh-so-sweet.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
WVABE



Posts : 246
Likes : 87
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Deep in a holler of WV

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:46 am

I have to admit that after the 4 game losing streak I thought our only hope would be a #6 seed but Miami went on their winning streak and things really got grim.
But as they say, "This is why they play the game".
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2604
Likes : 489
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:36 am

I guess I'm in the minority here. I believe IF this team plays consistently the entire game like they did in the second half against the Bengals and Ravens they will be real hard to beat. That includes the Patriots*. They may cheat us but they won't beat us.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10968
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:09 am

Winning the AFC North was a wonderful gift on Christmas day. The bow on top, was knocking the ratbirds out of the playoffs.

All that being said, we've all seen glimpses of what can happen in every aspect of the game when the players put their minds and efforts to it.

Right now, if the seedings remain where they are, I believe it favors the Steelers overall.

While the Dolphins defeated us solidly earlier this season, I believe it was honestly a fluke.
KC being where they are, I feel they can beat the Texans and do the same in Foxborough. I feel we match up better against KC even though lately many of their players have also started to shine brightly.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:33 pm

@solardave wrote:
I guess I'm in the minority here. I believe IF this team plays consistently the entire game like they did in the second half against the Bengals and Ravens they will be real hard to beat. That includes the Patriots**. They may cheat us but they won't beat us.

Yes, that is a big IF. Lots of moving pieces with guys standing around and not wrapping up on defense. IMO, too many rookies and substandard players to avoid one or 2 guys not playing consistently and causing mistakes that GOOD TEAMS take advantage of.

-I remember seeing the Ravens RB spinning around after initial contact and Burns standing watching, when he should have tackled him.
-The Jusczyk TD has Dupree standing and hopping in place seemingly from the snap to the missed tackles.
-Cockrell in nice backpedal on a dig route late to Perriman, but not breaking on the in cut quickly enough
-zone run right by Ravens thru the B gap and McCullers was blowing up the guard, but never got off the block to get an arm on the RB that almost rubbed shoulders on the way by.
-There was a seam pass in the 4th that Burns was trailing too far and Mitchell didn't get over...but the WR wasn't looking thankfully.

Offensively, the O line is playing a great 3 or 4 game stretch IMO. If Ben can make better decisions and not turn the ball over, then offensively can be good. I think the limitations of having Hamilton as #2 WR, Coates who still drops a lot and DHB who is really a special teamer....hampers the ability of any team that brackets AB and Bell.

I'm with Iowa. Going to enjoy the ride as long as it lasts, but realistically think too many rookies and reserves playing on Defense to win a championship and not many offensive weapons not named Bell and Brown on the other side of the ball. Hope the "Cheerleader" and his men prove us wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Crow never been so tasty    

Back to top Go down
 
Crow never been so tasty
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: