HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2288
Likes : 1122
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:22 am

Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

The Steelers will play the Miami Dolphins in an AFC Wild Card playoff game at Heinz Field on Sunday, January 8. Kickoff for the game is set for 1:05 p.m. ET.

The Steelers go into the playoffs as AFC North Champs and the No. 3 seed, while the Dolphins are the No. 6 seed after losing Sunday to the New England Patriots*.

This will be the second time this season the two teams will met, with the Steelers losing the Week 6 meeting, 30-15, at Hard Rock Stadium.

The running game struggled to get going that day, with Le’Veon Bell rushing for just 53 yards on 10 carries. But lately the ground game has been on fire, with Bell gaining 835 yards (a 139.1 yard average) in the last six games he played.

Ben Roethlisberger injured his knee in the game, missing the final series of the first half but returned in the second half, although hampered by the injury. Roethlisberger had surgery on the knee the week after the game, missing the following game against the New England Patriots*.

The two franchises have played three times in the postseason, with the Dolphins holding a 2-1 edge.

A limited number of tickets are available for the Steelers-Dolphins AFC Wild Card playoff game at Heinz Field.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Kickoff-time-set-for-Steelers-Dolphins/024e4fe7-2505-4ad1-b101-78ca6fb8947d

_________________
Back to top Go down
kan_t



Posts : 278
Likes : 83
Join date : 2015-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:02 am

Too bad. I hope it's Saturday night which would give the Steelers a bigger advantage.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:45 am

Normally I'd want Saturday night too but Direct TV just dropped the local NBC channel as of the 1st. Long range forecast is calling for partly sunny and a high of 20 on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:09 am

If the Steelers beat the Dolphins the league office provided a minor favor by scheduling the Chiefs home playoff game for the following Sunday rather than Saturday and avoiding a short week between games.

I recall Cowher being furious in 2002 when the Steelers had to travel to Tennessee to play the Titans on a Saturday after a comeback playoff win against the Browns the previous Sunday



Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2607
Likes : 490
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:19 am

I want to see how we stop Ajaye. We better stop him or it will be a long day.
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

avatar

Posts : 253
Likes : 56
Join date : 2015-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Yeah they definitely need to figure up how to stop Ajayi. Altho this is an entirely different defense than we saw against Miami the first time. An entirely different team really. Its gonna be a hell of game, both teams on hot streaks heading in(aside from miami losing to NE yesterday), I just wish it wasnt the early game sunday either but oh well. If we beat Miami then its on to KC and we own them so lets hope. #HEREWEGO!
Back to top Go down
OX1947

avatar

Posts : 809
Likes : 201
Join date : 2015-04-12
Location : Winchester, CA.

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:17 pm

If the Steelers run the table, they will have earned it. If they win Sunday, they will have a wrecking ball coming at them the rest of the way to the Super Bowl and as far as the Super Bowl, Steelers would face MVP candidate QB's or SB winning QB's with a side of the modern day 90s cowboys offensive line and running game who happen to be the Dallas Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1299
Likes : 568
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:56 pm

On paper the Steelers are the dominant team. Ajayi gets a lot of the focus because of the yardage last time but against the Dolphin's 30th ranked rushing D Bell should have a great day


NFL ranks

Category                Steelers                         Dolphins

Total offense          7th                                 24th

Pass offense          5th                                 26th

Rush offense         14th                                 9th

Scoring offense     10th                                17th

Total defense        12th                                29th

Pass defense        16th                                15th

Rush defense        13th                               30th

Scoring defense    10th                               18th

Turnover diff.         9th                               13th


http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/Steelers-Blog/2017/01/02/Steelers-Dolphins-tale-of-the-tape/stories/201701020097
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16976
Likes : 1365
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:06 am

Tannehill could return against Steelers

Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who has been sidelined since Dec. 11 with two sprained ligaments in his left knee, could practice — and ultimately play — this week against the Steelers, coach Adam Gase said Monday. But no one is sure yet.

“That's what I want to find out,” Gase said about the chance of Tannehill practicing ahead of Sunday's wild-card game. “I don't know. I don't want to say ‘yes' or ‘no.'

“You guys all know the guy's a freak of nature. His body is unique and the way he heals the same way,” Gase said. “We'll just kind of take it one step at a time. We'll have better idea, especially once we hit Wednesday, but probably Tuesday, I'll have a good idea so gameplan-wise we can figure out what's going on.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11722881-74/gase-tannehill-dolphins

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2488
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:52 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
Tannehill could return against Steelers

Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who has been sidelined since Dec. 11 with two sprained ligaments in his left knee, could practice — and ultimately play — this week against the Steelers, coach Adam Gase said Monday. But no one is sure yet.

“That's what I want to find out,” Gase said about the chance of Tannehill practicing ahead of Sunday's wild-card game. “I don't know. I don't want to say ‘yes' or ‘no.'

“You guys all know the guy's a freak of nature. His body is unique and the way he heals the same way,” Gase said. “We'll just kind of take it one step at a time. We'll have better idea, especially once we hit Wednesday, but probably Tuesday, I'll have a good idea so gameplan-wise we can figure out what's going on.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11722881-74/gase-tannehill-dolphins

Sure put Tannehill in. I'll take a rusty Tannehill coming back from a knee injury, over Matt Moore.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
TollingtheBell26

avatar

Posts : 253
Likes : 56
Join date : 2015-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:17 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Tuitt will definitely be back...

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/02/Stephon-Tuitt-will-return-for-the-playoff-game-against-the-Dolphins/stories/201701020126
Great news. Hopefully we can get Green cleared too.

Green returned to practice last week but they kept him out obviously in what was a meaningless game against the clowns, he should be good to go for sunday
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1299
Likes : 568
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:23 pm

@TollingtheBell26 wrote:
@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Tuitt will definitely be back...

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/02/Stephon-Tuitt-will-return-for-the-playoff-game-against-the-Dolphins/stories/201701020126
Great news. Hopefully we can get Green cleared too.

Green returned to practice last week but they kept him out obviously in what was a meaningless game against the clowns, he should be good to go for sunday
Oh good, I hadn't heard that. Thanks. Really excited to have the B's on the field for the same playoff game.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:24 pm

@TollingtheBell26 wrote:
@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Tuitt will definitely be back...

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/02/Stephon-Tuitt-will-return-for-the-playoff-game-against-the-Dolphins/stories/201701020126
Great news. Hopefully we can get Green cleared too.

Green returned to practice last week but they kept him out obviously in what was a meaningless game against the clowns, he should be good to go for sunday

Injury updates from Tomlin's Tuesday press conference


Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10969
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:17 pm

As the week slowly progresses towards the ultimate destiny of kickoff on Sunday, at least we'll be entertained by the games on Saturday.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1299
Likes : 568
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:29 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
As the week slowly progresses towards the ultimate destiny of kickoff on Sunday, at least we'll be entertained by the games on Saturday.
It's too bad that Oakland and Houston have a poor QB situation otherwise that might be a fun game. Plus the weakened situation makes things easier for the Pats* when they play the winner of that.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Bell already seems excited in interviews...I hope this really gets him fired up:

Ben Roethlisberger wrote:
“It was all TD. He was the one that really got [the Broncos] to the Super Bowl. I told [Le’Veon Bell], I said, ‘Listen, if we’re gonna go make a run in the postseason, we’re gonna need you. You’re gonna have to be our workhorse. Everybody wants to talk about the quarterbacks and AB and this stuff, but really at the end of the day, we’re gonna need you to be the workhorse to get us where we want to be.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/03/ben-roethlisberger-ndamukong-suh-steelers-dolphins-nfl-playoff-schedule/stories/201701030132
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16976
Likes : 1365
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:26 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Bell already seems excited in interviews...I hope this really gets him fired up:

Ben Roethlisberger wrote:
“It was all TD. He was the one that really got [the Broncos] to the Super Bowl. I told [Le’Veon Bell], I said, ‘Listen, if we’re gonna go make a run in the postseason, we’re gonna need you. You’re gonna have to be our workhorse. Everybody wants to talk about the quarterbacks and AB and this stuff, but really at the end of the day, we’re gonna need you to be the workhorse to get us where we want to be.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/03/ben-roethlisberger-ndamukong-suh-steelers-dolphins-nfl-playoff-schedule/stories/201701030132

A quote from Ben from the same article:

"In terms of the extra stuff, or the whatever, we don’t worry about that. We’re just gonna go out and play this football game. You can’t get caught up in it, because if you get caught up in it, you do what the Bengals do and lose the game.“

Ben LOL

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
FrancoLambert



Posts : 761
Likes : 419
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:34 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Bell already seems excited in interviews...I hope this really gets him fired up:

Ben Roethlisberger wrote:
“It was all TD. He was the one that really got [the Broncos] to the Super Bowl. I told [Le’Veon Bell], I said, ‘Listen, if we’re gonna go make a run in the postseason, we’re gonna need you. You’re gonna have to be our workhorse. Everybody wants to talk about the quarterbacks and AB and this stuff, but really at the end of the day, we’re gonna need you to be the workhorse to get us where we want to be.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2017/01/03/ben-roethlisberger-ndamukong-suh-steelers-dolphins-nfl-playoff-schedule/stories/201701030132

A quote from Ben from the same article:

"In terms of the extra stuff, or the whatever, we don’t worry about that. We’re just gonna go out and play this football game. You can’t get caught up in it, because if you get caught up in it, you do what the Bengals do and lose the game.“


Hey, give the Bengals some credit....they're very good at losing when it matters most.  

Pac-man has already started his off-season workout regimen.....getting arrested.  

Ben LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins   

Back to top Go down
 
Kickoff time set for Steelers-Dolphins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: