HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Again...slowing down ajayi won't be the whole answer.....Landry is elite and will do a lot of damage if his qb has time to get him the ball.....

People can say...well look what we did to obj....but the Giants lacked balance with the running game....

Our defense is too dependent on blitzing. And scheme to create disruption.....to just scoff at the talent they have in the passing game.......and it's been a major reason why they look utterly clueless when Brady and a few others goes to a no huddle where scheme can't protect them nearly as much.

So yes limiting ajayi will help.....but the Dolphins have enough fire power in their Recievers to 2011 Tebow us if we show their passing attack no respect.....and put the game in jeopardy if Ben and the offense aren't having a good day.

Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Too dependent on blitzing. Really ? Thought we were till the last 18months but recently that aint been us and I'd like to see it more.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 pm

@SteelerSpartan wrote:
Again...slowing down ajayi won't be the whole answer.....Landry is elite and will do a lot of damage if his qb has time to get him the ball.....

People can say...well look what we did to obj....but the Giants lacked balance with the running game....

Our defense is too  dependent on blitzing. And scheme to create  disruption.....to just scoff at the talent they have in the passing game.......and it's been a major reason why they look utterly clueless when Brady and  a few others goes to a no huddle where scheme can't protect them nearly as much.

So yes limiting ajayi will help.....but the Dolphins have enough fire power in their Recievers to 2011 Tebow us if we show their passing attack no respect.....and put the game in  jeopardy if Ben and the offense aren't having a good day.

I'm fine as long as the defense can shut down the run. As long as the Dolphins couldn't kill the clock, I'm confident that the Steelers could outscore them in a high scoring game.

Shut down the run, protect Ben and don't lose the special team battle.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:59 am

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
Injury updates from Thursday's practice

Tight end Ladarius Green was a full participant in practice again Thursday, and all signs point toward him being available Sunday. Green will speak with reporters Friday for the first time since he sustained a concussion against the Bengals Dec. 18.

Defensive end Stephon Tuitt (knee), receiver Sammie Coates (hamstring) and tight end Xavier Grimble (ribs) also were full participants for the second day in a row. Safety Robert Golden (ankle) and defensive end Johnny Maxey (ankle) were limited Thursday.

Linebacker Anthony Chickillo (ankle), defensive end Ricardo Mathews (ankle) and linebacker Vince Williams (shoulder) did not practice.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/05/pittsburgh-steelers-miami-dolphins-afc-wild-card-nfl-playoffs-injuries-ryan-tannehill-mike-pouncey/stories/201701050179

Great news, they're looking very healthy...

I love this from Gerry Dulac's chat on Thursday:

Quote :
Steelers Fan: Most likely path to the Super Bowl is Miami at home, then KC & NE on the road....How do you like our chances?

Gerry Dulac: I think pretty good. I think if they get to NE they will beat them
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:34 am

The obvious key to winning this game is very simple. Shut down Jay Ajayi! We can't let him rush for over 200 yards again. The thing is that he has rushed for over 100 yards in only 4 games this season. What is interesting is 3 out of 4 of those games he rushed for over 200 yards. So when given the opportunity, he makes the best of it.

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:40 am

@Jazzo wrote:
The obvious key to winning this game is very simple. Shut down Jay Ajayi! We can't let him rush for over 200 yards again. The thing is that he has rushed for over 100 yards in only 4 games this season. What is interesting is 3 out of 4 of those games he rushed for over 200 yards. So when given the opportunity, he makes the best of it.

I believe the Steelers will come into this game with an attitude we haven't seen since they blew-out the Chiefs.

They ran the ball well against a very strong Ravens rush defense a few weeks ago and Miami is currently ranked 30th against the run. Hell, Miami's defense has allowed almost 1,000 yards in their last two games alone.

On defense, the Steelers are healthier, their rookies are more experienced and their wounded pride from the 1st match-up will make it harder for Miami to run the ball.

It's been a while since the Steelers have thoroughly thrashed an opponent, but I think they do just that on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:59 am

Blow out. Steelers win. Book it.
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Apparently Ladarius Green, even though he practiced the last few days, didnt practice today and is still in protocol? That doesn't really make any sense but ok. Now it looks like we won't have one big weapon for sunday
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:19 pm

@TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Apparently Ladarius Green, even though he practiced the last few days, didnt practice today and is still in protocol? That doesn't really make any sense but ok. Now it looks like we won't have one big weapon for sunday

This is pretty much Mike Prisuta's tweet. Green offically remains questionable.

Concussions are a funny thing: no two are the same even with the same person.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:29 pm

@Geordie wrote:
Too dependent on blitzing.  Really ? Thought we were till the last 18months but recently that aint been us and I'd like to see it more.

Yes, what the Op is saying is that the Steelers can rarely get pressure on the QB with 4 rushers or without overloading a side and dropping others. The past 6 weeks you have seen more of Shazier, Timmons, Davis, Gay rushing the QB in passing situations, because the Steelers haven't been able to get to the QB with just 2 linemen and 2 OLB's.

That is why somebody opposite Dupree will be needed next year and going forward to rush the QB. Tuitt, Heyward and some Hargrave can get to the QB, but still really need that edge rusher in this defense.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:19 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@TollingtheBell26 wrote:

This is pretty much Mike Prisuta's tweet. Green offically remains questionable.

Concussions are a funny thing: no two are the same even with the same person.

I say let him sit out for this one, because we can definitely beat Miami without him. We need him versus KC and New England assuming we make it to the AFC Championship.

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:44 pm

@OX1947 wrote:
Blow out. Steelers win. Book it.

You forgot 'Danno' at the end

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:04 am

Gameday! Man, I can't wait for Steelers football!!!

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Gameday! Man, I can't wait for Steelers football!!!

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:30 am

Forecast of game time temperatures around 15 degrees with WNW wind of around 13 - 15 mph (towards the open end of the stadium and left corner of that end zone?) - wind chill of zero to minus one -yikes!

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/15212:4:US

The ball is going to feel like trying to kick, catch or throw a rock
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:03 am

Green is officially out. Grimble and the Outlaw: Next MEN UP!

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Just got back from outside. It is brutal out there. That wind will take your breath away.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Here we go. 27-10 Steelers

Bell 21 carries for 125

Ben 22/30 for 315 2 TDs no picks.

Burns with a pick six.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Looks like Hamilton is the 2nd WR to start the game.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:09 pm

TD Brown!!!! On a screen pass!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:12 pm

AB son!
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:23 pm

TD Brown!!!
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Brown and Ben are putting on a clinic. JJ can block too.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Gay got burnt on that one...
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Swiss cheese pass defense

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread   

Back to top Go down

Dolphins @ Steelers: Wild Card Weekend: Game Day Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: