HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Linebackers Tally More INTs Than Secondary For First Time In Steelers’ History

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Linebackers Tally More INTs Than Secondary For First Time In Steelers’ History   Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Linebacker Ryan Shazier’s interception off Robert Griffin III during Sunday’s victory over the Cleveland Browns broke a deadlock between the team’s secondary and linebacking core. Shazier’s interception marked the seventh for the Pittsburgh Steelers linebacking core, pushing it ahead of the six total from the secondary. This would mark the first time in Steelers history that the linebackers have tallied more interceptions than the secondary.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/01/linebackers-tally-ints-secondary-first-time-steelers-history/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Linebackers Tally More INTs Than Secondary For First Time In Steelers’ History   Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:05 am

I would like to see our corners get some more picks. They've had quite a few dropped opportunities this season, but so have the linebackers. If we were more consistent generating turnovers, we're that much deadlier as a team overall.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Linebackers Tally More INTs Than Secondary For First Time In Steelers’ History   Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:43 am

Which is it.... an accomplishment for the linebackers or an indictment of the secondary?
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Linebackers Tally More INTs Than Secondary For First Time In Steelers’ History   Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:46 am

Ross Cockrell has hands like Ike but doesn't cover anywhere near as well. That's why I see him as the weak link in the secondary.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Linebackers Tally More INTs Than Secondary For First Time In Steelers’ History   Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:34 am

I think this more says a lot about our linebackers. Shazier's speed makes him like an extra safety, sort of like a brian urlacher type of player who's just all over the field. He's that rare breed of LB who will consistently be good for 3 INT's+ a year mainly because of the amount of space he can cover.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Linebackers Tally More INTs Than Secondary For First Time In Steelers’ History   Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:50 am

Bud Dupree will be the X-Factor in this playoffs. If he can pressure the QB like he has, it will drastically change the dynamics of these games. Pressuring guys like Alex Smith is huge, he gets rattled. Pressuring Brady is the only way to stop him. I am very impressed with his game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Linebackers Tally More INTs Than Secondary For First Time In Steelers’ History   

Back to top Go down

Linebackers Tally More INTs Than Secondary For First Time In Steelers’ History
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: