HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Great P-G article on Eli Rogers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:12 pm

I am pretty cynical about admitting I root for Steelers players and overlook what they might be like off the field.

After reading this article about what Eli Rogers has done to deal with his upbringing I am all in on rooting for him

Taking on challenges came early for Steelers receiver Eli Rogers

Steelers receiver has overcome troubled upbringing to become a source of hope for his family

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/07/Taking-on-challenges-came-early-for-Pittsburgh-Steelers-receiver-Eli-Rogers/stories/201701080147
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks Dan. That's some really good stuff. His life is similar to AB coming up and I said this guy reminds me of AB. I'm excited looking forward for what he can bring to this team both on and off the field. He's not just an up and coming really good receiver but a shining example of a really good man.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:31 pm

rogers is dependable but my own observation i think ayers has more big play potential, the kid looks super quick and is good at making the 1st man miss
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Jesus Brown, the hell what THAT? Wow

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:42 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
rogers is dependable but my own observation i think ayers has more big play potential, the kid looks super quick and is good at making the 1st man miss

That is the strength of Ayers game....making the 1st guy miss. The fact that he ran a 4.66 and 4.72 at his pro day and NFL combine in the 40, leads you to believe that the 2nd guy will always run him down.

Watch some tape of him in college and you see a lot of bubble screens and in the return game he makes the tackler miss with his lateral quickness, but not a lot of blinding speed. IMO, Rogers is faster than Ayers, Rogers has a better understanding of how to find and create space in the slot than Ayers, but Ayers has a better head/shoulder move to elude the first tackler.

Rogers can be a guy that works the slot in the NFL for years. Ayers is likely his backup or another smurf to have on the field at the same time.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:08 am

Great article.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:12 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

That is the strength of Ayers game....making the 1st guy miss.  The fact that he ran a 4.66 and 4.72 at his pro day and NFL combine in the 40, leads you to believe that the 2nd guy will always run him down.

That was the strength of Emmitt Smith's career and he made a HoF one out of that. Sure he won't bust many 75-80 yard TD strikes, but making the first person miss can equal an explosive gain still, cause the next guy might not catch him until he's already 20-30 yards downfield.

And he definitely looks faster than that 4.6 / 4.7 time, he ran the combine / pro day with broken fingers, that affects your start which may have slowed his time down. he looks like a 4.5ish guy.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

That is the strength of Ayers game....making the 1st guy miss.  The fact that he ran a 4.66 and 4.72 at his pro day and NFL combine in the 40, leads you to believe that the 2nd guy will always run him down.

That was the strength of Emmitt Smith's career and he made a HoF one out of that. Sure he won't bust many 75-80 yard TD strikes, but making the first person miss can equal an explosive gain still, cause the next guy might not catch him until he's already 20-30 yards downfield.

And he definitely looks faster than that 4.6 / 4.7 time, he ran the combine / pro day with broken fingers, that affects your start which may have slowed his time down. he looks like a 4.5ish guy.

Easy there fella....you just made an Emmitt Smith reference in a D. Ayers conversation. Here's a link to a highlight reel of Ayers and just a reminder that its not against the Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins. Its Central Florida, Navy, Tulane, Middle Tennessee State, etc.

Ayers doesn't look to have broken fingers in the highlights, but doesn't show anything that looks like a 4.5 guy. Elusive, has a good head/shoulder fake and false leg move for change of direction, but doesn't accelerate out of his cuts like a guy with real quickness. Actually, kind of reminds me of when Terrance Mathis was in B&G.

So, the kid has good hands, can make a guy miss, but doesn't really look to have vertical speed to stretch the field. Recipe for a slot WR in the NFL IMO. Like I said, looks more like Eli Rogers backup than the next AB.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 am

Fire Arians wrote:

I think Rogers is more of a slot guy, and Ayers is a guy that can play inside or out, and maybe if they give him a chance he could be a special teams player as well.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great P-G article on Eli Rogers   

Back to top Go down

Great P-G article on Eli Rogers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: