HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:19 pm

I can breathe again
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:20 pm

That shit won't float in NE.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Well you know what? It was a win and Id rather them play like this and win and bring their A game to NE.
Back to top Go down
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Haley better get his shit together next week. If we play pussy, we will get fucked.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:25 pm

That was an ugly heavyweight brawl... But we won. On to New England.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Wasn't pretty, but a W is a W. I hope we go into Foxboro and kick the fuck out of NE. Brady didnt look so good last night and if he makes the mistakes he did against Houston we will win no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:31 pm

We had a plan for today and it worked in how to move the ball, we failed in the endzone. Hopefully we have a similar plan for next week on how to move the ball.

Really looking forward to our defence next season, it's coming together.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:33 pm

This team is really hard on my heart. Whew...
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:38 pm

We went in to KC and won, in that environment, played great D and came out with a win.  NE poses a different challenge but I beleive we will win there as well.  NE doesnt have the speed on O like KC does.  What a great job by the coaches taking Kelce and Hill out of the game and great coverage on special teams  
WE WILL WIN NEXT WEEK
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:40 pm

A win is a win, and I'll take it. But that game shouldn't have been that close. The offense needs to do a better job of mixing up the run and pass. They get too predictable.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:48 pm

I think we can beat New England. Bennett is not the receiving threat that Kelce is, he's not nearly as consistent. We contained Tyreek Hill, so there's no reason we shouldn't be able to handle Dion Lewis, who's not quite as explosive. Defensively I think we'll be able to get pressure on Brady, Houston beat him up, we should be able to do the same with Harrison, Dupree, and Tuitt leading the charge. Our offense can hang around with their defense. Their defense is good, but I don't think their front 7 is as tough as the Chiefs. We moved the ball on them with Landry Jones in Week 3, we should be able to move the ball this time around.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:52 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think we can beat New England. Bennett is not the receiving threat that Kelce is, he's not nearly as consistent. We contained Tyreek Hill, so there's no reason we shouldn't be able to handle Dion Lewis, who's not quite as explosive. Defensively I think we'll be able to get pressure on Brady, Houston beat him up, we should be able to do the same with Harrison, Dupree, and Tuitt leading the charge. Our offense can hang around with their defense. Their defense is good, but I don't think their front 7 is as tough as the Chiefs. We moved the ball on them with Landry Jones in Week 3, we should be able to move the ball this time around.

Absolutely. It was said we were the only legit threat to NE and I still firmly believe that. We can for sure go in and beat them, I really hope we get Green back but James did a pretty solid job again tonight. No one can seem to stop Bell and I dont think they will either and the D I hope harasses Brady all day, just hope Tommy boy doesnt go bitching for flags when Dupree and Harrison keeping roughing him up XD
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:53 pm

Also, Terrance Mitchell got into a brief scuffle with Porter postgame
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:57 pm

Repeated trips to the red zone that only get you 3's won't cut it next week.

New England's beatable for sure, but we have to play much better on O.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:00 am

Was DeAngelo Williams inactive today? I thought they might have used him to spell Bell a bit and maybe the change of pace might have been productive when KC started stuffing the run game in the 3rd quarter.

Movin on to Foxboro, movin on.
Back to top Go down
bayz101

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:01 am

Tight game, next week we gotta get 7 throwing more 7's or we'll be in a world of hurt. Ben, Bell & Brown going coupled with pressure on Brady and I truly believe we go to Houston in February.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:32 am

man...some of the vibes coming from some of you are unreal...what a bunch of Negative Nancys haha..yes obviously its a lot nicer to put up 7's instead of 3's but bottom line we just went into 1 of the toughest environments in the NFL and beat a really good KC team...absolutely we're gonna have to hit the endzone instead of the uprights next Sunday but the fact is that we are 1 win away from a Super Bowl!! FUCK YEAH BABY!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:40 am

@steelcrazy wrote:
man...some of the vibes coming from some of you are unreal...what a bunch of Negative Nancys haha..yes obviously its a lot nicer to put up 7's instead of 3's but bottom line we just went into 1 of the toughest environments in the NFL and beat a really good KC team...absolutely we're gonna have to hit the endzone instead of the uprights next Sunday but the fact is that we are 1 win away from a Super Bowl!!   FUCK YEAH BABY!!!!  

Oh I got no problem with today's win. Strong performance by Bell and the Defense. Sometimes you gotta win ugly to win big games.

KC is one of the toughest places to play, all I care about is getting the W without any major injuries, and we did that. On to NE next
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:05 am

Travis Kelce is such a bitch. He was whining post game about the holding call on the 2 point conversion saying it was bullshit that the refs changed the outcome of the game like that and that they felt sorry for Harrison falling down, and that the ref doesnt even deserve to work at footlocker. Give me a break, it was blatant holding. Kelces a douche
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:10 am

if the tackle doesn't hold harrison that would possibly have been a 2 pt play for us. Harrison had the rip and bend, he was free barring a hold. Alex would have gotten decked and most likely fumbled from that hit
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:38 am

@Fire Arians wrote:
if the tackle doesn't hold harrison that would possibly have been a 2 pt play for us. Harrison had the rip and bend, he was free barring a hold. Alex would have gotten decked and most likely fumbled from that hit

Harrison might have been too deep in the back of the pocket to make the turn. Fact is that Fisher didn't deliver a punch to the chest plate of Harrison and Deebo got his arm under Fishers and Deebo got his feet past Fishers feet. Fisher had a firm grasp of jersey and his arm was around the neck, while not moving his feet to get in front of Harrison.

Classic hold. Easy call for the ref. Kelce is just defending his team and doesn't know the rules if he believes it. But, anybody here complaining about the Davis penalty is ignoring that it was helmet to helmet and similarly blindly defending their team.

That Chiefs defense was not as good as its made up to be. If your RB gains 170 on the ground, you should at least come away with a TD. Give him the rock on the 8 yard line instead of Ben throwing an INT. Come on man.

Style points don't matter. They didn't blink. They defended every blade of grass. Oviously....on to New England.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:40 am

@TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Travis Kelce is such a bitch. He was whining post game about the holding call on the 2 point conversion saying it was bullshit that the refs changed the outcome of the game like that and that they felt sorry for Harrison falling down, and that the ref doesnt even deserve to work at footlocker. Give me a break, it was blatant holding. Kelces a douche

Yes, Kelce is a straight up sissy la la bitch! He sounded exactly like all the Seattle Shitcocks fans that live around me. They are always complaining about how the refs secretly decide the games for Pittsburgh. GTFO here with that bullshit!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:48 am

@Jazzo wrote:
@TollingtheBell26 wrote:

Yes, Kelce is a straight up sissy la la bitch! He sounded exactly like all the Seattle Shitcocks fans that live around me. They are always complaining about how the refs secretly decide the games for Pittsburgh. GTFO here with that bullshit!

Cryhawk fans are such fairweather babies. Didn't half the stadium empty 2 years ago and they missed the comeback against the Packers?

Did you see the Falcons TE dominating yesterday and staring down the seattle secondary? Then Bennett got owned on the goal line and ripped off Atlanta O lineman helmet(with no penalty) on a TD run, then cry about it in the media. This is the start of the slide of Seattle to mediocrity and I will enjoy watching it the next few seasons.

No style points for the Steelers, but Moving on to Foxboro!
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:30 am

It was a hold. Just like Locklear on Haggens in Super Bowl XL. Eat it, live with it. They were holds. Next time, do your job and dont hold. (bleep) Kelce.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:46 am

Kelce's obviously a talented guy but he's definitely very bitter over the fact that we kept him and Hill in line for much of the game. That was definitely a hold. Anyhow, credit to the KC D for not breaking. But major credit to our own D for playing great. I really think we can beat NE this week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: