HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Dulac picking a win Sunday. I haven't read his chat today yet but last week he said he expected the Steelers to win if they make it NE.

Quote :
Steelers (12-5) at Kansas City Chiefs (12-4), 1 p.m. — The Chiefs haven’t won a playoff game at Arrowhead Stadium in more than two decades, since they beat the Steelers with Joe Montana in a 1993 wild-card matchup. But they have won 23 of their past 28 games, beginning with a victory against the Steelers on Oct. 25, 2015. The Steelers, meantime, are the hottest team in the league, having won eight in a row. And they easily handled the Chiefs earlier this season, winning by 29 at Heinz Field. This won’t be so easy. Prediction: Steelers, 27-21

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/dulacs-picks/2017/01/11/gerry-dulacs-picks-pittsburgh-steelers-chiefs-seahawks-falcons-texans-Patriots*-cowboys-packers-predictions/stories/201701110136
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:57 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
Other players who DNP

Why is Vince Williams not practicing? Did any of you see Antonio Brown's FB Live vid where Vince is clowning and dancing around? Just saying... ...........................

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:13 am

I cannot believe Green is still in concussion protocol, better safe than sorry, but highly frustrating.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:00 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I cannot believe Green is still in concussion protocol, better safe than sorry, but highly frustrating.

maybe it's more to do with the way the group of receiver worked in the passing against the Dolphins.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:22 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

maybe it's more to do with the way the group of receiver worked in the passing against the Dolphins.

I dunno, two weeks straight in concussion protocol for a guy that has a history of concussion issues is not good. He actually practiced last week, and they said he wasn't ready so he's back in protocol. I think if he was even 70% he'd definitely be seeing some snaps. The fact that he's seeing none after two straight weeks and up until yesterday still hasn't practiced this week doesn't bode well for him.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:43 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I dunno, two weeks straight in concussion protocol for a guy that has a history of concussion issues is not good. He actually practiced last week, and they said he wasn't ready so he's back in protocol. I think if he was even 70% he'd definitely be seeing some snaps. The fact that he's seeing none after two straight weeks and up until yesterday still hasn't practiced this week doesn't bode well for him.

why would you want a player at 70% when you got a TE like James at 100% on the field? plus like you said with the History of Green's concussions why push the man into the line up? when the Steelers had a group of receiver that torched Miami's defense.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:00 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Even if the Steelers did not want to change up their rotation of receivers, tight ends and Hubbard as an extra lineman that presumably would not be a reason for Green not to practice

Sounds like Green was on the DNP list last Friday after a recurrence of concussion symptoms following 2 days of practice last week and that those symptoms have not abated.  

Tight end Ladarius Green did not practice Wednesday because of his concussion. He was a full participant in practice last Wednesday and Thursday before getting shut down Friday after he had a setback.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/11/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-turnovers-red-zone-kansas-city-chiefs-afc-divisional-round-playoffs-nfl/stories/201701110137

Good for Green reporting a recurrence of symptoms - you cannot get a brain replacement after your career is over

And do not count on the NFL to protect a player who wants to compete at all costs

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:12 am

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Even if the Steelers did not want to change up their rotation of receivers, tight ends and Hubbard as an extra lineman that presumably would not be a reason for Green not to practice

Sounds like Green was on the DNP list last Friday after a recurrence of concussion symptoms following 2 days of practice last week and that those symptoms have not abated.  

Tight end Ladarius Green did not practice Wednesday because of his concussion. He was a full participant in practice last Wednesday and Thursday before getting shut down Friday after he had a setback.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/11/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-turnovers-red-zone-kansas-city-chiefs-afc-divisional-round-playoffs-nfl/stories/201701110137

Good for Green reporting a recurrence of symptoms - you cannot get a brain replacement after your career is over

And do not count on the NFL to protect a player who wants to compete at all costs

the NFL is a high paying job and like any job people will grind you down to nothing if you let them or if your not smart with the NFL high pay then you take chances with you health. a fool with money.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:42 am

Detailed analysis of the Steelers in the Kansas City Star.

Chiefs game plan - Scouting the Pittsburgh Steelers (12-5)

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article126012614.html

Even with some errors (Shamarko is said to be a key special teams player although he is gone for the season), comparing this article with embedded videos to what the Post-Gazette churns out provides another example of the sketchy Steelers coverage provided by the P-G as opposed to what is provided in other cities.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:16 am

that was one helluva an analysis given by the KC Sports Writer. Certainly have spent their time reviewing the Steelers players and play over the last several weeks.

My only disagreement - The Final Score.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:56 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article126012614.html

Even with some errors (Shamarko is said to be a key special teams player although he is gone for the season), comparing this article with embedded videos to what the Post-Gazette churns out provides another example of the sketchy Steelers coverage provided by the P-G as opposed to what is provided in other cities.

Gerry Dulac's scouting report: Steelers vs. Chiefs, AFC divisional round

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/12/Gerry-Dulac-s-scouting-report-1.html

Contrasting Dulac's report to the depth of analysis in the KC Star article illustrates the quality of work from the P-G as opposed to what can be done by a publication with presumably similar resources

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
@Atlanta Dan wrote:

Gerry Dulac's scouting report: Steelers vs. Chiefs, AFC divisional round

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/12/Gerry-Dulac-s-scouting-report-1.html

Contrasting Dulac's report to the depth of analysis in the KC Star article illustrates the quality of work from the P-G as opposed to what can be done by a publication with presumably similar resources

That is some quality, in-depth reporting by the KC Star.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:01 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

why would you want a player at 70%  when you got a TE like James at 100% on the field? plus like you said with the History of Green's concussions why push the man into the line up? when the Steelers had a group of receiver that torched Miami's defense.

I'm saying I think his brain must be pretty fried if they're not playing him at all. Jesse James and Grimble can get us by, but they aren't the receiving threats that Green is. Green is the kind of guy defenses have to account for whenever he's on the field. If they're not even putting him out there as a decoy this concussion must be really bad. Not surprising in light of his injury history, I just hope he's okay, and makes a full recovery.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

why would you want a player at 70%  when you got a TE like James at 100% on the field? plus like you said with the History of Green's concussions why push the man into the line up? when the Steelers had a group of receiver that torched Miami's defense.

I'm saying I think his brain must be pretty fried if they're not playing him at all. Jesse James and Grimble can get us by, but they aren't the receiving threats that Green is. Green is the kind of guy defenses have to account for whenever he's on the field. If they're not even putting him out there as a decoy this concussion must be really bad. Not surprising in light of his injury history, I just hope he's okay, and makes a full recovery.

I believe James is becoming that threat. He may not have the moves after the catch I've seen Green make, but he's certainly a reliable catcher and usually positions himself near the first down marker. Ben has refused to throw him the ball opting for the deep pass. James is one of those clutch guys who can get us first downs and secures the ball.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:41 am

So last night I was out to dinner at a local sports bar. This Patriots***** fan comes up to me and says 'Good luck this weekend." Which I replied, "Thanks." As he comes back around he says to me, "You didn't reciprocate." I replied, "But I don't want you guys to have good luck, I want you to lose." He bitches & moans a bit more about me not reciprocating. Then says, "That's why you guys are going to lose on Sunday."

I ignored him for the most part, but in my head I'm thinking:
1. If my team loses because I didn't reciprocate the well intentions of a Patriots***** fan, then I have more pull than I thought.
2. I've taught my children to be honest, and apparently my honesty hurt his sensitive feelings.
3. This guy is a freakin' moron

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:52 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
So last night I was out to dinner at a local sports bar.  This Patriots****** fan comes up to me and says 'Good luck this weekend."  Which I replied, "Thanks."  As he comes back around he says to me, "You didn't reciprocate." I replied, "But I don't want you guys to have good luck, I want you to lose."  He bitches & moans a bit more about me not reciprocating.  Then says, "That's why you guys are going to lose on Sunday."

1. If my team loses because I didn't reciprocate the well intentions of a Patriots****** fan, then I have more pull than I thought.
2. I've taught my children to be honest, and apparently my honesty hurt his sensitive feelings.

I have a good friend who is a Patriots* fan. He does not dislike the Steelers but knows I do not like the Patriots*. When we talk about football we stick to Xs and Os.The area I live in has a lot of Idiots (Bengals fans) and I have to listen to all kinds of crap about how Burfict and Jones are misunderstood but Ben is a rapist. My reply to that is that Ben screws you guys every chance he gets because we own you. I think I hurt a few feelings sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:01 am

This nugget in a story in the KC Star regarding the struggle of former Chiefs coach Marty Scottenheimer and his family with Alzheimer's

Twenty-five seasons ago, Schottenheimer delivered the Chiefs’ first postseason victory since winning Super Bowl IV on Jan. 11, 1970. In fact, he still holds three of the meager four playoff victories they’ve tallied since winning it all.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article126264229.html

Another example of how spoiled we are with the Steelers success - a similar situation would be if the Steelers did not win another playoff game for 22 seasons after their only Super Bowl win (and appearance) in January 1975 and had only won 4 playoff games since then
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:02 am

Everyone seems to be more worried about our offense. Remember the first we didn't have Shazier or DuPree in. We have been stopping the run better lately. I think whoever controls the line of scrimmage wins this game. Bell is going to have to run well and that means guys like JJ and Nix plus an extra Olineman will have to set the pace blocking. I think JJ has become a pretty good blocker.

We can not give up TDs on kickoffs or punts and we have to tackle.

We stopped Kelce last game and I think we can do that again.

If we can jump out early and shut the crowd up we can beat these guys. If we let them get ramped up it'll be a long day.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:14 am

@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
So last night I was out to dinner at a local sports bar.  This Patriots******* fan comes up to me and says 'Good luck this weekend."  Which I replied, "Thanks."  As he comes back around he says to me, "You didn't reciprocate." I replied, "But I don't want you guys to have good luck, I want you to lose."  He bitches & moans a bit more about me not reciprocating.  Then says, "That's why you guys are going to lose on Sunday."

1. If my team loses because I didn't reciprocate the well intentions of a Patriots******* fan, then I have more pull than I thought.

I have a good friend who is a Patriots** fan. He does not dislike the Steelers but knows I do not like the Patriots**. When we talk about football we stick to Xs and Os.The area I live in has a lot of Idiots (Bengals fans) and I have to listen to all kinds of crap about how Burfict and Jones are misunderstood but Ben is a rapist. My reply to that is that Ben screws you guys every chance he gets because we own you. I think I hurt a few feelings sometimes.

I have a friend who is a Patriots***** fan too. He knows the only time I've rooted for the Patriots***** was when they played teams in the AFCN or if their victory would benefit the Steelers. He, too, doesn't hate the Steelers and he is very much rooting for the Steelers this weekend in hopes of having them play the Patriots*****. He also knows I'm cheering for the Texans.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:16 am

@solardave wrote:
Everyone seems to be more worried about our offense. Remember the first we didn't have Shazier or DuPree in. We have been stopping the run better lately. I think whoever controls the line of scrimmage wins this game. Bell is going to have to run well and that means guys like JJ and Nix plus an extra Olineman will have to set the pace blocking. I think JJ has become a pretty good blocker.

If we can jump out early and shut the crowd up we can beat these guys. If we let them get ramped up it'll be a long day.

I'm not worried about our offense. The last few weeks I've seen more positives than negatives. Including increased line play (yes I'll take my crow), improved running attack, improved WR play, and producing TDs.

I'm worried about our defense facing Tyreek Hill who they didn't face in the week 4 game. He will be the X-Factor in this game. Limit his touches or corral him quickly, then we should be able to successfully handle the rest of what the Chiefs have on the field and leave Arrowhead Stadium with a victory and a trip to the AFC Championship game.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:39 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I believe James is becoming that threat.  He may not have the moves after the catch I've seen Green make, but he's certainly a reliable catcher and usually positions himself near the first down marker.  Ben has refused to throw him the ball opting for the deep pass.  James is one of those clutch guys who can get us first downs and secures the ball.

IMO Jesse James is more in the mold of a Heath Miller. He's pretty good in blocking, but he's still not at Miller's level as far as receiving, not yet anyways. I think of James like a trusty old pickup truck. It won't break down, and it gets the job done.

Ledarius Green is more like a Ferrari. He's sleek, and fast. He can get out there and take the top off of a defense. You can line him up all over the field. On the line, in the slot, or outside. Defenses have to gameplan because of his speed, and ability to beat them deep.

Not a knock on James, but they're really two very different kinds of TEs.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
I believe James is becoming that threat.  He may not have the moves after the catch I've seen Green make, but he's certainly a reliable catcher and usually positions himself near the first down marker.  Ben has refused to throw him the ball opting for the deep pass.  James is one of those clutch guys who can get us first downs and secures the ball.

IMO Jesse James is more in the mold of a Heath Miller. He's pretty good in blocking, but he's still not at Miller's level as far as receiving, not yet anyways. I think of James like a trusty old pickup truck. It won't break down, and it gets the job done.

Ledarius Green is more like a Ferrari. He's sleek, and fast. He can get out there and take the top off of a defense. You can line him up all over the field. On the line, in the slot, or outside. Defenses have to gameplan because of his speed, and ability to beat them deep.

Not a knock on James, but they're really two very different kinds of TEs.

I'd agree with that.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:52 am

@solardave wrote:

I think you mean to reference defense, because you then mention Shazier or Dupree. The more I look at the linemen up front to control the LOS like you say, the more I am encouraged.

Offensively, the Steelers have 5 healthy O linemen, who really protected Ben and stayed on their blocks last week. Add the blockers like Johnson, Nix, Hubbard and I think the Steelers O line can handle the Chiefs who really have Poe, a 2nd round rookie in Chris Jones and ??

Defensively, the Chiefs have 2 good OT's in Fischer and Schwartz and a decent interior line, but of them I think Duvernay-Tardiff is better than Fulton and neither are pro bowlers. The Chiefs O line is as good, if not slightly inferior to the Dolphins IMO. I think the Steelers front 7 can match up well there too.

the threats the Chiefs have IMO, is the quick passing of Smith, some good weapons in the pass game of Kelce, Maclin, Hill and the threat of Smith running with the football. Home field advantage for the Chiefs is big, their secondary is good, but front 7 beat up and the Steelers should run on them. The Chiefs quick passing game can hurt the Steelers and not letting Tyreek Hill get big plays is something that needs to be done. Gonna be a tough test that goes either way IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread   

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ chiefs: Divisional Round Weekend: Game Day Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: