HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:28 am

Apparently a done deal:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/report-chargers-plan-to-move-to-los-angeles-ending-55-year-run-in-san-diego-031238780.html

Also buried in the article: there are serious discussions about moving the Oakland Raiders to Las Vegas.

I don't see either of these moves ending up good. Los Angeles is still adjusting to life with one team, and Las Vegas is just starting into its professional sports life.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:26 am

I think it would be better for the Chargers to move to Las Vegas, leave the Raiders where they are, and let the Rams die quietly in LA until they are forced to move back to St. Louis (where they'll become competitive again).

This move reminds me of the Browns moving out of Cleveland. Poor management, poor Front Office decisions, and poor on the field product have hurt the Chargers. That doesn't mean the fans need to be screwed over. The fact the NFL would allow them to move shows they don't care about the fans at all. They only care about $$$$.

I believe in the same report there was mention about how much the Rams didn't fill the stadium this season. What the hell do they think adding another team to the LA Market will produce?

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:42 am

OMG. A potential new logo to boot.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/01/12/san-diego-chargers-bolting-for-l-a-possible-new-logo/
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I think it would be better for the Chargers to move to Las Vegas, leave the Raiders where they are, and let the Rams die quietly in LA until they are forced to move back to St. Louis (where they'll become competitive again).

This move reminds me of the Browns moving out of Cleveland.  Poor management, poor Front Office decisions, and poor on the field product have hurt the Chargers.  That doesn't mean the fans need to be screwed over.  The fact the NFL would allow them to move shows they don't care about the fans at all.  They only care about $$$$.

I believe in the same report there was mention about how much the Rams didn't fill the stadium this season.  What the hell do they think adding another team to the LA Market will produce?

Seriously, one of these teams that relocate needs to fail miserably in their new location. Perhaps that will serve as a check and balance to teams relocating when they can't extort what they want from the fans, local community, businesses, and government.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

This move reminds me of the Browns moving out of Cleveland.  Poor management, poor Front Office decisions, and poor on the field product have hurt the Chargers.  That doesn't mean the fans need to be screwed over.  The fact the NFL would allow them to move shows they don't care about the fans at all.  They only care about $$$$.

I believe in the same report there was mention about how much the Rams didn't fill the stadium this season.  What the hell do they think adding another team to the LA Market will produce?

Seriously, one of these teams that relocate needs to fail miserably in their new location. Perhaps that will serve as a check and balance to teams relocating when they can't extort what they want from the fans, local community, businesses, and government.

I hope both the Rams and the Chargers fail. It will serve the NFL well for them to fail. LA has failed to support a football franchise EVERY TIME they've had one. And yet they (The NFL) continues to push to have one in the market.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 pm

This move keeps getting better and better:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/chargers-strange-l-a-move-includes-a-2017-18-plan-to-play-in-a-27000-seat-soccer-stadium-144442171.html

And from a link within the Yahoo story: L.A. doesn't even want them.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-chargers-to-la-plaschke-20170111-story.html

Edit: Everyone needs to read that L.A. Times story. Wow...

Last edited by jak341 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Chargers will fail. Spanos has failed at everything except real estate. Rams just hired Sean McVay. If Goff becomes a good QB, the Rams have a shot. If they dont do well, it will be very interesting how the NFL reacts. The NFL is under the assumption that the stadium will be the draw. There is no other logic reason why this happen for the Chargers. And for sure the Rams last year.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:27 pm

Lots of reading material for you fine folk.

Another article telling it for what is is: the NFL and its owners don't care about the 55,000 fans in the seats. They care about the luxury boxes and corporate revenue streams.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18460930/los-angeles-market-boon-chargers-ownership

News of a local flair direct from San Diego:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Chargers-Bolt-to-LA-San-Diego-Mayor-News-Conference-410545805.html

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/San-Diego-Chargers-NBC7-SportsWrap-Analysis-410526495.html
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Man would I be pissed if I was a San Diego fan, someone that for years has rooted for that team, gone to games, bought memorabilia. Only to have your franchise shit all over you and run off to Los Angeles. That's just shitty all around, and the fans are the ones that get hurt the most.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:29 am

Read an article this morning where the Chargers will have to pay like $530M to move to LA. However, they were only offering up about $300M for the new stadium they wanted.

So you're telling me you couldn't put up $500M for the stadium and work out a deal with the city of San Diego to keep the team there. Sounds like some shady dealing with the NFL and the owner.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Leaderless piece of shit Commissioner? Weasel, lousy football running scumbag owner? Sounds about right on what happen. NFL belongs in San Diego. I hope no one shows up to the Chargers games. But I have a feeling it wont happen.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:22 am

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:02 am

^ That's cold man. Funny, but cold. Lol.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:50 pm

@jak341 wrote:
OMG. A potential new logo to boot.  

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/01/12/san-diego-chargers-bolting-for-l-a-possible-new-logo/

They gave up their classic bolt helmet emblem for this piece of shit.  
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:40 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
Read an article this morning where the Chargers will have to pay like $530M to move to LA.  However, they were only offering up about $300M for the new stadium they wanted.

So you're telling me you couldn't put up $500M for the stadium and work out a deal with the city of San Diego to keep the team there.  Sounds like some shady dealing with the NFL and the owner.

NFL and the Chargers actually proposed to pay $650M for the stadium. San Diego voters said No. They needed two-third to win the stadium vote and at the end only less than 50% supported the deal.

Chargers leaving San Diego was written on the wall when the stadium vote failed by this large margin.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Just goes to show pro teams should pay for their own stadiums or at least a larger portion of it.

In other news, I read an article where local moving companies refuse to help the Chargers pack up and move out of town.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:50 pm

@jak341 wrote:
^ That's cold man. Funny, but cold. Lol.

Haha it is, I saw it on Facebook and when I saw this thread I couldn't resist sharing it. Too soon?

Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:29 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
Just goes to show pro teams should pay for their own stadiums or at least a larger portion of it.

I agree completely. But in reality it is not how the NFL business works. The business is that you pay the stadium then you get the team.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:32 pm

This tells you everything you need to know about the Rams and Chargers in LA.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/chargers-rams-struggle-attendance-los-angeles-stadiums-photos/1tgh5n7802pz91fci8fypnwbit

Watching the Rams and Redskins. The Rams stadium is empty! I mean really empty...
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:21 pm

My brother and I noticed the same thing. Empty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers   

Back to top Go down

Welcoming to the NFL: Your Los Angeles Chargers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: