HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:56 am

Article here:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/01/steelers-wr-eli-rogers-fined-24309-blindside-hit-dolphins-game/

Absolutely asinine. Michael Floyd laid this exact same block on Lippett in the Patriots**- Dolphins game and it wasn't flagged, nor was Michael Floyd fined for the block itself. If I were Rogers I would be appealing the fine and pointing out how Floyd wasn't fined nor flagged for a block that looked almost picture perfectly identical to his own.

This goes back to the "Hines Ward Rule", by rule both blocks are technically penalties and classified as blindside blocks, but the enforcement of the rule needs to be uniform.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:18 am

I thought that was a bad call when they made it but I never thought they'd fine him for it. Another case of the czar throwing his weight around. FAT BASTARD that he is.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:39 am

@solardave wrote:
I thought that was a bad call when they made it but I never thought they'd fine him for it. Another case of the czar throwing his weight around. FAT BASTARD that he is.

I just cannot for the life of me figure out how Michael Floyd does the exact same thing and receives not a flag, nor a fine.... Oh wait I forgot he's a Patriot, and we're the Steelers. Stupid me.

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:15 am

I guess James Harrison has finally received the respect he deserves from his peers so Goodell has been leaving him alone. Now he has to find his replacement(s). For the record I still think DuPree could have pulled up on his roughing call. If it were Ben getting hit (oh wait that happens often) I'd be pissed if the offender wasn't flagged.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:01 am

I hope the super rich players pull together and pay the guys fine that is pretty steep for a second year player under the new contract.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:08 pm

@solardave wrote:
I guess James Harrison has finally received the respect he deserves from his peers so Goodell has been leaving him alone. Now he has to find his replacement(s). For the record I still think DuPree could have pulled up on his roughing call. If it were Ben getting hit (oh wait that happens often) I'd be pissed if the offender wasn't flagged.

Solardave....Harrison has consciously lowered his target area when tackling if you watch it more closely. He is more likely to take out a guys knees than hit to the head. Dupree was going so fast, but if he does the same as Harrison has learned and lowered his target area, he doesn't get head to head on Moore, but rather maybe he breaks some ribs on Moore. Dupree is so big and explosive, its like asking a Humvee going 80 MPH to stop on a dime imo.

The Rogers hit was head to head and blindside as per the rules, but to Iowasteelers point, why does the booze hound Michael Floyd make Sportcenter with his hit and not get fined when its the same hit?? I'd get his agent/union rep to appeal and pull the Floyd hit and possibly argue Floyd should be suspended for Drunken Blocking.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:37 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@solardave wrote:

Solardave....Harrison has consciously lowered his target area when tackling if you watch it more closely.  He is more likely to take out a guys knees than hit to the head.  Dupree was going so fast, but if he does the same as Harrison has learned and lowered his target area, he doesn't get head to head on Moore, but rather maybe he breaks some ribs on Moore.  Dupree is so big and explosive, its like asking a Humvee going 80 MPH to stop on a dime imo.

The Rogers hit was head to head and blindside as per the rules, but to Iowasteelers point, why does the booze hound Michael Floyd make Sportcenter with his hit and not get fined when its the same hit??  I'd get his agent/union rep to appeal and pull the Floyd hit and possibly argue Floyd should be suspended for Drunken Blocking.

Gonzo,

I know Deebo has changed his style. As far as DuPree's hit I'll admit I could be wrong but to me (and I've replayed it) it looked like he had time to pull up at least a little.
Rogers hit looked a lot like the one where Hines broke Keith Rivers jaw. That was awhile ago and the rules have changed. I guess I need to go watch the Floyd hit and compare. After watching that hit on youtube at the very least Floyd should also be fined.

And for the record Goodell is a lizard licking douchebag son of a bitch and I'm pretty sure I won't get any argument there.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:47 pm

@solardave wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@solardave wrote:

Solardave....Harrison has consciously lowered his target area when tackling if you watch it more closely.  He is more likely to take out a guys knees than hit to the head.  Dupree was going so fast, but if he does the same as Harrison has learned and lowered his target area, he doesn't get head to head on Moore, but rather maybe he breaks some ribs on Moore.  Dupree is so big and explosive, its like asking a Humvee going 80 MPH to stop on a dime imo.

The Rogers hit was head to head and blindside as per the rules, but to Iowasteelers point, why does the booze hound Michael Floyd make Sportcenter with his hit and not get fined when its the same hit??  I'd get his agent/union rep to appeal and pull the Floyd hit and possibly argue Floyd should be suspended for Drunken Blocking.

Gonzo,

As far as DuPree's hit I'll admit I could be wrong but to me (and I've replayed it) it looked like he had time to pull up at least a little.

Dave , attached is a link to the NFL.com replay of the hit. Its the German play by play and its hilarious to hear the guys react to the play.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/international-social-content/0ap3000000771963/German-announcers-call-Bud-Dupree-s-hit-on-Matt-Moore

At 2:27 of the video it shows Dupree about 3 yards away from hitting Moore and the ball is still in his hands and coming forward to throw. At that speed its not the timing of the hit, but rather the helmet to helmet contact.

Did I mention this is German announcers calling the hit and their reaction is awesome???
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:32 pm

@solardave wrote:

James Harrison fined 200k and suspended for 3 games for hitting the ball out of a defenseless qb's hands
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:38 pm

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:41 pm

I often thought of changing my sn to fire goodell
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:03 pm

@solardave wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@solardave wrote:

Gonzo,

I know Deebo has changed his style. As far as DuPree's hit I'll admit I could be wrong but to me (and I've replayed it) it looked like he had time to pull up at least a little.
Rogers hit looked a lot like the one where Hines broke Keith Rivers jaw. That was awhile ago and the rules have changed. I guess I need to go watch the Floyd hit and compare. After watching that hit on youtube at the very least Floyd should also be fined.

And for the record Goodell is a lizard licking douchebag son of a bitch and I'm pretty sure I won't get any argument there.
no way he could have avoided that collision. at best he could have kept from lowering his helmet. he's less than 3ft away and coming full speed when the ball leaves his hand.

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:57 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@solardave wrote:

Gonzo,

As far as DuPree's hit I'll admit I could be wrong but to me (and I've replayed it) it looked like he had time to pull up at least a little.

Dave , attached is a link to the NFL.com replay of the hit.  Its the German play by play and its hilarious to hear the guys react to the play.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/international-social-content/0ap3000000771963/German-announcers-call-Bud-Dupree-s-hit-on-Matt-Moore

At 2:27 of the video it shows Dupree about 3 yards away from hitting Moore and the ball is still in his hands and coming forward to throw.  At that speed its not the timing of the hit, but rather the helmet to helmet contact.

Did I mention this is German announcers calling the hit and their reaction is awesome???

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:52 am

@Fire Arians wrote:
I often thought of changing my sn to fire goodell

Somewhere though, everytime Crash reads "Fire Arians" he curses to himself and a single tear runs down his face.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Embrace the fine. It's a badge of honor, considering the WR we had which made the league change rules.

Just sayin'

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins   

Back to top Go down

Steelers WR Eli Rogers Fined $24,309 for Blindside Block Against Dolphins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: