HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Our chances of winning next Sunday?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Our chances of winning next Sunday?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:13 pm

My biggest fear is that BB has not played well on the road this year and he will be the key win or lose factor in my opinion. Last week in KC his passes were high, low, very few of them right on the money and it's been a problem for him throughout the season. I am hoping he has a solid passing game if he does we have a good shot at winning.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Our chances of winning next Sunday?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:06 pm

If its cold and rainy like they're calling for I believe our odds are better than 60%.
Mike is pissed so AB needs to put up a 150+ yard game and 3 TD's.
Defense wins this one boys.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Our chances of winning next Sunday?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:19 pm

@WVABE wrote:
If its cold and rainy like they're calling for I believe our odds are better than 60%.
Mike is pissed so AB needs to put up a 150+ yard game and 3 TD's.
Defense wins this one boys.

Not sure where you got your info but tomorrow evening is supposed to be quite nice weather in Foxboro for the time of year.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Our chances of winning next Sunday?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:51 pm

They've got the home field advantage and the record against us in their place. But the steelers have the motivational factor. I think the team is sick of losing to these guys in the playoffs and they'll come out strong. ( as a fan I'm sick of seeing my lifelong team lose to these guys). Given all that, I give the steelers a 50-50 shot. Defense and Ben have to play well.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Our chances of winning next Sunday?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Good....and certainly better against this Pats* team.

You win in the trenches and right now I think we have the better line matchups.
I can't see their D-line playing our O-line straight up and doing a lot of damage.
I can see our D-line controlling their O-line and our blitzes up the middle hitting Brady, making him move, and just making him uncomfortable settling into a pocket.
IMO O-line vs. D-line play, on both sides of the ball, will be the main reason we win.

Ben has to elevate his play to a higher level; "OK" play on Sunday won't be enough to win this game offensively.  He can't afford a slow start and missed throws to open receivers. We might win if he throws one pick; we won't win if he throws two.

Special teams play and trick/gadget plays could be a problem; Belichick always has something new
that he saves for these games, within or outside of the rules.
Danny Smith did a good job getting his units prepared to play last week, hope he can repeat it this week.

Belichick is also the guy who's very capable of coming up with some new front/stunt to neutralize Bell's patient running style.

I seem to remember Brady always hurting us down the middle seams in the gaps between the LB's and safeties.  
I'd like to see us hit Edelman, Hogan, and Amendola coming off the line to disrupt their timing patterns.
Getting Pressure on Brady up the middle and forcing him to move laterally gives us the best chance to slow down their passing game.

It's going to be tough, but I think THIS team can do it THIS year.
They seem to be peaking from week to week.

Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Our chances of winning next Sunday?   Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:27 am

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
They've got the home field advantage and the record against us in their place. But the steelers have the motivational factor. I think the team is sick of losing to these guys in the playoffs and they'll come out strong. ( as a fan I'm sick of seeing my lifelong team lose to these guys). Given all that,  I give the steelers a 50-50 shot. Defense and Ben have to play well.
pretty much this...we definitely have more than a punchers chance...I really hope this team is as sickof losing to that team out east that they come out with a chip on their shoulder and hang 24pts on them at 1/2time...that being said I'm gonna give us 60/40 chance...we're red hot at the right time and Pretty boy and co. aren't invincible Steelers Nation rise up and will this team to a win!!!

PostSubject: Re: Our chances of winning next Sunday?   

Back to top Go down

Our chances of winning next Sunday?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: