HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Brown's Social Media Gaffe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 298
Likes : 120
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Tomlin ripped AB a new one in the media conference today




In other words, this ongoing s**t stops and it stops now if you want that big contract here

Well, I hope AB learns something and it inspires him and the rest of the team to a huge game. If we'd lose to the cheats it's bad enough, but hate to think of losing a talent like AB because he can't stay disciplined.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 298
Likes : 120
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:24 pm

I see no doubt belicheat tries to use this. But could also see the Steelers players rallying behind Tomlin here like they did after Bradshaw's comments. Tomlin is a victim, we all speak more openly and w/o reservation when we're talking amongst ourselves with friends and/or the company competing with us. Football coaches use rough language...not sure why that is shocking to some in the media. I remember being amazed to hear my 7th grade social Studies teacher, who ended up my 9th grade football coach, saying all the things my construction worker dad did and in some cases in very clever combination.

AB deserves punishment out of this, but I also hope he and the team rise to an elite performance Sunday. We need this monkey off our back
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:49 pm



Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16825
Likes : 1315
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:43 am

Antonio Brown apologizes for controversial Facebook video filmed in Steelers’ locker room

Two days after broadcasting the Steelers’ locker-room celebration on Facebook Live, Pittsburgh wideout Antonio Brown apologized on Twitter for letting his “emotions and genuine excitement get the best of me.”

Brown violated league rules and angered teammates and coaches when he filmed the team’s locker room after Pittsburgh’s 18-16 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Brown will be punished.

Brown tried to defuse the situation Tuesday night.

“I let my emotions and genuine excitement get the best of me,” Brown wrote. “And I wanted to share that moment with our fans.

“It was wrong of me to do, against team and NFL policy, and I have apologized to Coach Tomlin and my teammates for my actions. I’m sorry to them for letting it become a distraction and something that they’ve had to answer questions about while we’re preparing for a big game on Sunday.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/antonio-brown-apologizes-controversial-facebook-video-filmed-steelers-locker-room-011717?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2247
Likes : 1081
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:11 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Antonio Brown apologizes for controversial Facebook video filmed in Steelers’ locker room

Two days after broadcasting the Steelers’ locker-room celebration on Facebook Live, Pittsburgh wideout Antonio Brown apologized on Twitter for letting his “emotions and genuine excitement get the best of me.”

Brown violated league rules and angered teammates and coaches when he filmed the team’s locker room after Pittsburgh’s 18-16 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Brown will be punished.

Brown tried to defuse the situation Tuesday night.

“I let my emotions and genuine excitement get the best of me,” Brown wrote. “And I wanted to share that moment with our fans.

“It was wrong of me to do, against team and NFL policy, and I have apologized to Coach Tomlin and my teammates for my actions. I’m sorry to them for letting it become a distraction and something that they’ve had to answer questions about while we’re preparing for a big game on Sunday.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/antonio-brown-apologizes-controversial-facebook-video-filmed-steelers-locker-room-011717?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

Sounds like AB knows he done fucked up, but he didn't have bad intentions. I appreciate the fact that AB likes to interact with the fans, and it's pretty cool from a fan's perspective to get to see some of that kind of stuff. But putting Coach T out there like that, that stepped over the line, and I think he's taken his lumps for it.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:31 am

His penance will be putting up big numbers on Sunday and all will be forgiven with a win.

With a loss, everyone will wanna talk about how much of a distraction this whole issue was.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:21 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Antonio Brown apologizes for controversial Facebook video filmed in Steelers’ locker room

Two days after broadcasting the Steelers’ locker-room celebration on Facebook Live, Pittsburgh wideout Antonio Brown apologized on Twitter for letting his “emotions and genuine excitement get the best of me.”

Brown violated league rules and angered teammates and coaches when he filmed the team’s locker room after Pittsburgh’s 18-16 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Brown will be punished.

Brown tried to defuse the situation Tuesday night.

“I let my emotions and genuine excitement get the best of me,” Brown wrote. “And I wanted to share that moment with our fans.

“It was wrong of me to do, against team and NFL policy, and I have apologized to Coach Tomlin and my teammates for my actions. I’m sorry to them for letting it become a distraction and something that they’ve had to answer questions about while we’re preparing for a big game on Sunday.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/antonio-brown-apologizes-controversial-facebook-video-filmed-steelers-locker-room-011717?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

Sounds like AB knows he done fucked up, but he didn't have bad intentions. I appreciate the fact that AB likes to interact with the fans, and it's pretty cool from a fan's perspective to get to see some of that kind of stuff. But putting Coach T out there like that, that stepped over the line, and I think he's taken his lumps for it.

Turns out AB signed a deal with Facebook last summer for $244,000 to stream video on Facebook Live and that the Steelers knew AB was streaming postgame video from the locker room in violation of league rules.

Tomlin did not say if he was aware Brown posted live videos on Facebook. After the playoff victory against the Miami Dolphins, however, Tomlin made a cameo appearance and comment in Brown’s video.

According to a story in the Wall Street Journal, Brown is among a handful of celebrities and athletes who are paid “significant sums” of money by Facebook — as much as $244,000 — to use its service for live videos.


http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/17/antonio-brown-video-mike-tomlin-Patriots*-steelers-afc-championship-2017/stories/201701170125

So this was more than AB just wanting to interact with his fans - he was being paid serious $$$ to stream video on Facebook Live and the only thing going on in his life that justified getting paid that amount of money was to stream video about the Steelers.  Tomlin or Colbert should have established some ground rules with Brown about what could be streamed once the organization knew about the Facebook payments.

Hope Brown thinks it was worth it.  I agree with this writer that down the road this costs Brown more than $244,000.

Brown can’t be considered a winner because he stands to lose much more than the $244,000 Facebook Live is paying him in future NFL earnings and endorsements.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2017/01/17/only-one-winner-in-facebook-live-snafu-and-its-not-antonio-brown/#ixzz4W7RIuNou
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10719
Likes : 721
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:30 am

I'm not sure if his prior live streams were in violation. I haven't seen the NFL Rules, but if I recall them correctly there is a certain time frame they shouldn't be done (like right after the game, just before your coach has his speech). They're allowed to do it, but I think it has to be some time lapse before they can do it.

But at this point. This really should be a non-issue. However, the talking heads and haters are making it an issue. The best thing for the team to do now is really be like Belichick and any time a question is asked about it just don't answer it.

As for AB, I like that he wants to interact with his fans. I'm not even mad at him for the video. But to repent for your sins against your teammates and coaches - 12 catches, 148 yards, 3 TDs, and one Hines Ward like block to spring Bell for a TD.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:04 am

I thought this was a non-story? Why are Tomlin and Ben making a big deal out of this is the media now?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10719
Likes : 721
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:58 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I thought this was a non-story?  Why are Tomlin and Ben making a big deal out of this is the media now?

They made their statements yesterday and moved on. In today's press conference a reporter asked Ben about it and his response was, "I talked about it yesterday, I'm done with it."

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1841
Likes : 1131
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:55 am

His punishment is he'll have to spot James Harrison in the weight room
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert



Posts : 752
Likes : 417
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:56 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I thought this was a non-story?  Why are Tomlin and Ben making a big deal out of this is the media now?

Tomlin had no choice; he had to address it.

Ben chimed in because he's the self-appointed leader of the team.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:04 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
From Jeremy Fowler at ESPN

Quote :
New England Patriots*** receiver Julian Edelman when asked on WEEI's Ordway Merloni and Fauria show about Mike Tomlin's postgame comments documented on Antonio Brown's Facebook Live feed: "That's how that team is run. I personally don't think that would be something that would happen in our locker room, but, hey, whatever. Some people like red and some people like blue. Some people like tulips and some people like roses. Whatever."

That's how that team is run?? Really? exactly how have the Pats*** been run the past 15 years?

Ben responds

Roethlisberger was asked his thoughts on Edelman's comments.

“I don't need to speak much; we've got the trophies out there,” Roethlisberger said, referring to the six Lombardi Trophies housed in a room just behind the wall where he was speaking at a podium.

Roethlisberger went on to explain that he has a weekly meeting with Steelers owner and chairman Dan Rooney. The 13-year veteran quarterback seemed to take offense to Edelman's comment specifically because they might be interpreted as a shot at the Rooney family, whom Roethlisberger called “the best (owners) in the business.”

“They're family to us, and I'm sure if (Edelman) talked to his owner he would say the same thing about the Rooneys,” Roethlisberger said. “Anybody in here or in the football world or in the regular world who knows the Rooneys know what they are and what they stand for. And it's a blessing to call them family.

“I have played with guys who have come from other teams, and they looked shocked when they see our owners – whether it's Mr. Rooney (Dan) or Art – walking around practice. They don't ever see their owners. We see our owners every single day. And I think it's just a blessing to know that they care about us. And that that's one of the reasons we want to go win.”


http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11802436-74/roethlisberger-edelman-steelers

Too bad Belichick does not have more control over what his players say to avoid providing bulletin board material
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:06 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I thought this was a non-story?  Why are Tomlin and Ben making a big deal out of this is the media now?

Tomlin had no choice; he had to address it.

Ben chimed in because he's the self-appointed leader of the team.

Oh, I think Tomlin wanted to address it.

I think Tomlin's words were clear and honest. AB is great, but there are things he needs to clean up in order to be a great teammate and greater player going forward. Atlanta Dan's posting of the article where AB is being paid to go Facebook live and the video itself seem to show he is more about AB at this point than the team.

Even if it was just a lapse at the time when the Head Coach and franchise QB are speaking about the upcoming game that the winner goes to the Super Bowl....Brown needs to stop being his alter ego Ronald Jackoff and start being that hungry 6th round pick that everybody passed up on. Needs to be more of a leader like Deebo and Hines Ward and less of a diva like Mike Wallace right now.

Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

avatar

Posts : 1054
Likes : 186
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Litchfield/Nelsonville, OH

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Hope he learns from this. What did that one fella from the Giants say? "Don't let success get to your head"

And he's kinda doing what he was told not to. Then again, said WR has issues too so IDK.

As long as Ben and Tomlin shut the media out on this, they're good. They have a challenge ahead of them and know it.

_________________


Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2247
Likes : 1081
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:20 am

Edelman has since backed off his comment saying that they were "taken out of context" which is the excuse nearly every time someone gets caught up in saying something publicly that they shouldn't have said. Sometimes it's viable, but this time I don't think so.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:41 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Edelman has since backed off his comment saying that they were "taken out of context" which is the excuse nearly every time someone gets caught up in saying something publicly that they shouldn't have said. Sometimes it's viable, but this time I don't think so.

I guess I missed these comments. What were they?

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:17 am

AB finally met the media to apologize in person but clowned that up too

He also did it about an hour later than scheduled because he was getting his hair cut down the hall at the Steelers practice facility. The irony in the media room was palpable — it was a packed house, solely to hear Brown talk about ill-timed Internet-related behavior, after all.



And there was typically insightful reporting by the P-G, which apparently sees its role as being a stenographer for whatever a player says

What we don’t know: Whether Brown has a contract with Facebook — “top secret,” he said Wednesday.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/01/18/antonio-brown-facebook-video-mike-tomlin-ben-roethlisberger-steelers-Patriots*-afc-championship-game/stories/201701180195

This from the Wall Street Journal last summer

The Journal reported that Facebook agreed to pay nearly 140 media companies, celebrities—including Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown ($244,000), Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps ($224,000) and “Star Trek” actor George Takei ($114,000)—and others more than $50 million to create videos for Facebook Live.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-to-pay-internet-stars-for-live-video-1468920602

AB may be too clueless to know his Facebook contract has been public knowledge for months but the P-G should know better
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2247
Likes : 1081
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:27 am

SteelersYak wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Edelman has since backed off his comment saying that they were "taken out of context" which is the excuse nearly every time someone gets caught up in saying something publicly that they shouldn't have said. Sometimes it's viable, but this time I don't think so.

I guess I missed these comments.  What were they?

Edelman made a comment (reference Mike Tomlin calling the Patriots* "assholes") along the lines of that's not how the Patriots* organization is ran.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10719
Likes : 721
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:26 am

Can we make this whole social media gaffe and subsequent episodes 'Frozen' and 'Let It Go!"

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brown's Social Media Gaffe    

Back to top Go down
 
Brown's Social Media Gaffe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: