HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Of course...4th and inside the 5 and 0 points.

Last edited by jak341 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:08 pm

rellimie wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Even we fans, who knew what we needed to do coming into this game knew that we couldn't play zone against these guys, knew that we needed to get pressure on Brady, knew that we needed to bump the receivers to disrupt their timing... Yet somehow coaches who get paid millions couldn't figure that out and make adjustments.

Knowing what you need to do and having the players to do it are two completely different things.

Correct. But the zone scheme defensively. That's Butler's call.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
rellimie
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:10 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
rellimie wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Even we fans, who knew what we needed to do coming into this game knew that we couldn't play zone against these guys, knew that we needed to get pressure on Brady, knew that we needed to bump the receivers to disrupt their timing... Yet somehow coaches who get paid millions couldn't figure that out and make adjustments.

Knowing what you need to do and having the players to do it are two completely different things.

Agreed. But if your players don't match up well man to man, you have to play zone. You'll be burned either way.
Back to top Go down
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Maybe it's better that we don't go to the SB and get embarrassed by the Falcons. They would eat this defense alive. If we can't hold Hogan, and Co, imagine what Julio and Co would do. And the Falcons play aggressive defense. I'm out.
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Its amazing how there are no calls against the Patriots* tonight, none. Big fucking surprise. God I hate this fucking team I hope the plane crashes going to Texas
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Well guys there's next season. I really thought we had them this year. I don't have any excuses. I just became the biggest Atlanta Falcons fan for the next 2 weeks though. We're trending in the right direction but if we have a definite krypontie, it's these bastards.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:13 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Its amazing how there are no calls against the Patriots** tonight, none. Big fucking surprise. God I hate this fucking team I hope the plane crashes going to Texas
I wouldn't go that far but I did wish for Brady to wake up with a case syphillis so terrible that his wife discovers how hideous he really is and leaves him.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:18 pm

OMG. What the living fuck was that? And Ben forced it down field again. D Will was standing there with no one around him! Literally standing on the first down line.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:18 pm

rellimie wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
The Houston Texans, who only got into the playoffs because of their laughable division put up a better fight defensively than we have. Let that settle in.

They have a better defense than us.  Not even a question nor was it unknown to anyone who follows the NFL.

Their defense is not as good as ours. There scheme is better and as long as you don't get called for PI keep doing the holding, up in rec's faces without turning around. Doesn't matter. We handed this game to them by doing the exact same shit we all said we needed to avoid. Not covering and not tackling. Brady could sent his passes by snail mail and we wouldn't be in same fuckin' zipcode.

It seems every team can play man at least some of the time except us. And we didn't change a damn thing in the second half.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

rellimie wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
rellimie wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Agreed.  But if your players don't match up well man to man, you have to play zone.  You'll be burned either way.

We will never know though, because we've been in zone 90% of this game and giving their receivers free releases. This is the worst secondary play I've seen from this team this season. We've been sitting back in zone, and sending zone blitzes, none of which have hit home with Brady. That's why they've had a ton of huge plays because they're picking up the blitzes and it's leaving guys wide open.

We've been totally and completely outcoached, and outplayed anyways. Stick a fork in us. We are done.

Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Maybe next year we will be better, who knows. Fuck this game and this team. Im out
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:21 pm

Hopefully we get Bryant and Golson next year and they make a difference. I'm ready for gameballs and goats. Trouble is i can't think of one gameball
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
Hopefully we get Bryant and Golson next year and they make a difference. I'm ready for gameballs and goats. Trouble is i can't think of one gameball

I've already written off Golson. Guy hasn't seen the field for 3 practices yet. As for gameballs, there are none when you are down 33-9 with the Super Bowl on the line.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:25 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Maybe next year we will be better, who knows. Fuck this game and this team. Im out

"Fuck this team" is a little much man, we're all pissed off, but come on. We got outplayed and outcoached tonight, that much is a fact, but we made it to the AFC Championship game and nobody gave us a snowball's chance in hell of that earlier this season. It sucks, it really sucks losing like this, it feels like a gut punch, and the Patriots** are rubbing our noses in it, but we have a good core to build on going into the offseason. We've still got the Killer B's, we've got some good young players that could be great and should get better with all of this experience, and we have the draft, and a good bit of salary cap room ahead of us to work with. We'll be back.

Back to top Go down
rellimie
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:26 pm

solardave wrote:
rellimie wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
The Houston Texans, who only got into the playoffs because of their laughable division put up a better fight defensively than we have. Let that settle in.

They have a better defense than us.  Not even a question nor was it unknown to anyone who follows the NFL.

Their defense is not as good as ours. There scheme is better and as long as you don't get called for PI keep doing the holding, up in rec's faces without turning around. Doesn't matter. We handed this game to them by doing the exact same shit we all said we needed to avoid. Not covering and not tackling. Brady could sent his passes by snail mail and we wouldn't be in same fuckin' zipcode.

It seems every team can play man at least some of the time except us. And we didn't change a damn thing in the second half.

Houston's defense was better than ours in yards, sacks, interceptions and fumbles and virtually tied with us in points. Yes, I think that makes them better than ours.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:28 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
TollingtheBell26 wrote:

"Fuck this team" is a little much man, we're all pissed off, but come on. We got outplayed and outcoached tonight, that much is a fact, but we made it to the AFC Championship game and nobody gave us a snowball's chance in hell of that earlier this season. It sucks, it really sucks losing like this, it feels like a gut punch, and the Patriots*** are rubbing our noses in it, but we have a good core to build on going into the offseason. We've still got the Killer B's, we've got some good young players that could be great and should get better with all of this experience, and we have the draft, and a good bit of salary cap room ahead of us to work with. We'll be back.

Sorry man. Perhaps I'll calm down, but I haven't been this pissed off about a game in a while. This is fucking embarrassing, and dare I say, humiliating.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Well folks the Patriots* will be around for a long while so Tomlin, Butler and Haley had better come up with a much better blue print if they ever want to get some rings.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:50 pm

That was painful as hell to watch.
Back to top Go down
schillah

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:51 pm

I just can't believe they played the same defense that Brady has success against...everytime

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Not just a better blueprint, the GM needs to get us some better players.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:57 pm

We need more pass rushers, and we need more depth on the d-line. Getting guys like Heyward back next season will be a big lift for us defensively but we need more depth behind him.

Offensively speaking we need to get more playmakers, DHB and Hamilton need to go IMO. DHB was disappointing this season IMO, and Hamilton should be called Copperfield because he was pretty damn good at disappearing. Getting Bryant back will be a big lift for the offense and take a ton of pressure off of guys like Antonio Brown, and Eli Rogers. Sammie Coates getting healthy and getting his broken fingers all healed up will help as well but I'd like to see them draft another receiver because as this season has proven to us, you can never have enough weapons.

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:59 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
We need more pass rushers, and we need more depth on the d-line. Getting guys like Heyward back next season will be a big lift for us defensively but we need more depth behind him.

Offensively speaking we need to get more playmakers, DHB and Hamilton need to go IMO. DHB was disappointing this season IMO, and Hamilton should be called Copperfield because he was pretty damn good at disappearing. Getting Bryant back will be a big lift for the offense and take a ton of pressure off of guys like Antonio Brown, and Eli Rogers. Sammie Coates getting healthy and getting his broken fingers all healed up will help as well but I'd like to see them draft another receiver because as this season has proven to us, you can never have enough weapons.

Don't forget OLB. I can't see riding Harrison another year, and Jones might have put the jersey on for the last time? Who do we get? A rookie, or sign a FA? I don't even think we can, especially if we are going to sign Bell and / or Brown.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:03 pm

also the Patriots* won both sides of the ball in the trenches. zone only works when you get pressure on the QB and make him throw some bad throws.

Martavis Bryant was really missed in this game with him in the game Brown wouldn't be doubled covered all game.

Eli Rogers was a bright spot.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:04 pm

jak341 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Don't forget OLB. I can't see riding Harrison another year, and Jones might have put the jersey on for the last time? Who do we get? A rookie, or sign a FA? I don't even think we can, especially if we are going to sign Bell and / or Brown.

Bell will get the franchise tag, I don't think he'll get a new deal unless he plays next season and is healthy for most of it.

We're supposed to have a record amount of cap space is my understanding, so I know we'll be resigning Brown to a new contract. I think we might also sign Timmons to a 1 or 2 year deal. As for Harrison, I don't know if he sticks around another year or not. It'll be up to him, I think we should keep him on for one more if he wants to go one more and draft a young OLB that can rush the passer. They need to really nail this draft, and maybe sign a FA that can come in and make an impact.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:06 pm

effyou515 wrote:
also the Patriots** won both sides of the ball in the trenches. zone only works when you get pressure on the QB and make him throw some bad throws.

Martavis Bryant was really missed in this game with him in the game Brown wouldn't be doubled covered all game.

Eli Rogers was a bright spot.
I think James stepped it up tonigh too. Thought he had a TD there. Shame it wasn't. We had to score a TD there and didn't. I think we're almost there. It's an unfortuante end to a promising season though. Didn't think we'd be here when we were 4-5. I was worried about one or done or even missing all together and you guys know me by now, I'm usually glass half full.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread   

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Patriots***** Game Day Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: