HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:43 pm

Patriots* open at -3.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:35 pm

#NotMySuperBowl

Falcons by eleventy-billion!

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:33 am

Go dirty birds!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:10 am

I hope the Falcons shit stomp those assholes.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:36 am

I have lived in Atlanta for decades but have never really bonded with the Falcons.   That is for reasons including once satellite TV took off in the 90s at sports bars and then with Sunday Ticket I usually have been watching the Steelers play at the time the Falcons have been playing.

If the Falcons were playing any AFC team other than the Steelers I would still be rooting for Atlanta.  But this Atlanta sportswriter sums up for me why I have more than a casual rooting interest in the Falcons in 2 weeks.

Facing the hated Patriots***, the Falcons are now America’s Team

The Atlanta Falcons aren’t just going to the Super Bowl. They’re going as the choice of everyone who isn’t a New England fan, and why would you be a New England fan if you don’t, you know, live in New England? Maybe the folks in New Orleans will root against the Men of Quinn — the way Atlantans did against the Saints when they lucked up and won that Super Bowl — but those in Texas and Tennessee and California and Colorado and both Carolinas?

They just became Bird-lovers.

Because the Patriots***, as great as they have been and are, aren’t revered. They’re reviled. There’s that lingering suspicion that their coach and their franchise quarterback cheated along the way. Lose to Pete Carroll and you tip your hat. Lose to Belichick/Brady and you want to chew nails.

http://markbradley.blog.myajc.com/2017/01/22/atlantas-falcons-just-became-americas-team/

Unlike the Steelers, who moved the ball on the Pats*** but could not finish off drives, Atlanta has viable wide receivers other than their All Pro Julio Jones - the standard Belichick tactic of taking away a team's best option leaves other good options for Matt Ryan.  They have not been stopped in the playoffs and can win a shootout with the Pats***.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:05 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
I have lived in Atlanta for decades but have never really bonded with the Falcons.   That is for reasons including once satellite TV took off in the 90s at sports bars and then with Sunday Ticket I usually have been watching the Steelers play at the time the Falcons have been playing.

If the Falcons were playing any AFC team other than the Steelers I would still be rooting for Atlanta.  But this Atlanta sportswriter sums up for me why I have more than a casual rooting interest in the Falcons in 2 weeks.

Facing the hated Patriots****, the Falcons are now America’s Team

The Atlanta Falcons aren’t just going to the Super Bowl. They’re going as the choice of everyone who isn’t a New England fan, and why would you be a New England fan if you don’t, you know, live in New England? Maybe the folks in New Orleans will root against the Men of Quinn — the way Atlantans did against the Saints when they lucked up and won that Super Bowl — but those in Texas and Tennessee and California and Colorado and both Carolinas?

They just became Bird-lovers.

Because the Patriots****, as great as they have been and are, aren’t revered. They’re reviled. There’s that lingering suspicion that their coach and their franchise quarterback cheated along the way. Lose to Pete Carroll and you tip your hat. Lose to Belichick/Brady and you want to chew nails.

http://markbradley.blog.myajc.com/2017/01/22/atlantas-falcons-just-became-americas-team/

Unlike the Steelers, who moved the ball on the Pats**** but could not finish off drives, Atlanta has viable wide receivers other than their All Pro Julio Jones - the standard Belichick tactic of taking away a team's best option leaves other good options for Matt Ryan.  They have not been stopped in the playoffs and can win a shootout with the Pats****.

Atlanta has a really good receiving corp the Patriots* can't double cover one and shut it down and Matt Ryan is as good a passer as Brady and OC Kyle Shanahan is just as good as the Patriots* OC. This is going to be a high scoring game with Atlanta winning.

I've lived in the Atlanta area for over 20 years and the Falcons are my 2nd favorite team.

GO Dirty Birds

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Go Dirty Birds

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:06 pm

Let's go Falcons
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:48 am

not watching this game unless the boys are getting together to catch the game. in either case, i won't be paying much attention. i could give a rats ass about any sb with NE in it
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:08 am

I'm always looking forward to the SB, unless it would be Patsies Cowboys. I always find something to root for/against.

I watch a lot of teams during the season as I watch 2/3 games a week and I make sure I see at least each team once every year.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:06 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
I'm always looking forward to the SB, unless it would be Patsies Cowboys. I always find something to root for/against.

I watch a lot of teams during the season as I watch 2/3 games a week and I make sure I see at least each team once every year.

the only Super Bowl I didn't like was the Saints vs Colts, its not like really disliked the two teams it was pass pass no running game.

what I like about the Falcons offense they do has a running game to keep a defense honest and a RB who is a good receiver.

imo the falcons have a good not great o-line but their RB, TE, and WRs all have good hand and run good routes I don't think the ball will be in QB Matt's hand long enough to get sacked much.

the Falcons defense not great but I think good enough to slow the Patriots* offense down enough for their offense to win the game.

with the talent the Falcons have on offense OC Shanahan calls a very good offensive game.

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:48 pm

I hope Atlanta can pull off the upset, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim. New England's defense has became way too fuckin' good these last couple of months. I am definitely watching it, but will leave the room if it gets out of hand. Let's hope for at least a close game!

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 am

I've taken a break from football since the AFCG. Watching the Patriots** in the superbowl is like sitting in LA bumper to bumper traffic to me; you tolerate it and hope it goes away soon so you can get on with life

i'll pay closer attention if the Patriots** are getting beat late in the game - that part will be enjoyable
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:02 am

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
I've taken a break from football since the AFCG. Watching the Patriots**** in the superbowl is like sitting in LA bumper to bumper traffic to me; you tolerate it and hope it goes away soon so you can get on with life

i'll pay closer attention if the Patriots**** are getting beat late in the game - that part will be enjoyable

Yep. My feelings exactly. I have no desire to watch the Patriots* win yet another Super Bowl. I hope the Falcons can pull it out, but I feel they are going to be mopped up. The Patriots* are simply unbeatable.

To think, this would give them 5, with the other 2 losses being a Wes Welker drop or a David Tyree circus catch away from being potential wins. All within 20 or so years.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:07 pm

I may have been wrong. Let's hope the Falcons can hold out for 1 more quarter.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Look what happens when you play man coverage... shocking right? Lol Atlanta watched the Steelers game and decided to do the exact opposite...
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Patriots* could be mounting the greatest comeback in history.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Wow....Falcons folding like cheap cloth.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Wow.. This has been the singular worst football season I've ever seen. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Fucking Falcons. How the fuck do you blow a 28-3 lead? Absolutely the most pathetic meltdown I've ever seen. Now we have to listen to the media, and Patsy fans for years to come about this game.

I knew I never should of turned that game on in the first place. Falcons played football for two quarters then played conservative trying to nurse their lead. They absolutely gave it away.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
rellimie
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:32 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Wow.. This has been the singular worst football season I've ever seen. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

Worse than the 6-10 year?
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:32 pm

@rellimie wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

If you're referring to 2003, we did end up getting Ben the next year in the draft. Man what a let down for the Falcons. Sweet Jesus I hate the Pats*.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:37 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@rellimie wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

If you're referring to 2003, we did end up getting Ben the next year in the draft. Man what a let down for the Falcons. Sweet Jesus I hate the Pats**.

At least if you are 6-10, you know you suck. Your expectations are lower.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Oh look. Patriots* open at 6-1 odds to win next year's Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Say what you want, but Brady is indeed a all-time great QB. That's a historic performance when you take the situation into account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   

Back to top Go down

The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: