HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:17 pm

Now they are saying Matt Ryan lost helmet communication in the 4th quarter. We will have to wait and see if this is true.

There still is no excuse for the horrible clock management by Dan Quinn and Matt Ryan. Why the fuck do you keep snapping the ball with approximately 25 seconds on the play clock when you are trying keep the lead with only 5:00 left in the game and up by 8 points? I didn't think any professional coach or QB was that stupid! If they time managed the last offensive drive right even with bonehead sack taken by Matt Ryan, New England wouldn't have had enough time to come back and tie it up.

Fuckin' ATL gave it away!!! Biggest choke performance in a Superbowl and maybe in all of sports!

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:13 am

@Jazzo wrote:
Fuckin' ATL gave it away!!! Biggest choke performance in a Superbowl and maybe in all of sports!

It's almost as if you'd have to try to fail that hard......like on purpose.

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:21 am

@Jazzo wrote:
Now they are saying Matt Ryan lost helmet communication in the 4th quarter. We will have to wait and see if this is true.

There still is no excuse for the horrible clock management by Dan Quinn and Matt Ryan. Why the fuck do you keep snapping the ball with approximately 25 seconds on the play clock when you are trying keep the lead with only 5:00 left in the game and up by 8 points? I didn't think any professional coach or QB was that stupid! If they time managed the last offensive drive right even with bonehead sack taken by Matt Ryan, New England wouldn't have had enough time to come back and tie it up.

If that is true, I'm done with the NFL. NE is always front and center for shady crap. STill no excuse for Atlanta's clock management though. What a horrible choke. As bad as our loss two weeks ago was, that one would sting more to me.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:19 am

what a waste of time...

4-man rush? No pressure? Being picked apart with all day given to tommy boy in the 2nd half, and yet they still rush only 4? Like i said, waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:05 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Fucking Falcons. How the fuck do you blow a 28-3 lead? Absolutely the most pathetic meltdown I've ever seen. Now we have to listen to the media, and Patsy fans for years to come about this game.

I knew I never should of turned that game on in the first place. Falcons played football for two quarters then played conservative trying to nurse their lead. They absolutely gave it away.

IMO the Falcons blew it by not playing conservative after the score was 28-12 and going with calls that drive Steelers fans nuts when Todd Haley does it.

It started with the Falcons leading by 16 and facing a third-and-1 at their own 36 with 8:31 left in the game. Run it there, and if you don't pick it up, you punt. But the Falcons called for a deep pass.

It looked like it might be there, but as Ryan cranked to throw, Dont'a Hightower blasted him and forced a fumble that the Patriots* recovered at the Atlanta 25. Five plays later, the Patriots* scored and the two-point play made it 28-20.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-falcons-super-bowl-collapse-is-one-of-the-biggest-choke-jobs-in-sports-history/

And then this

Leading 28-20 with 4 minutes, 40 seconds remaining, the Falcons had a first down at the Patriots*' 22-yard line and a great opportunity to make it a two-score game. The Patriots* had found their rhythm on offense, but it's debatable whether they would have had enough time to score twice.

The Falcons' playcalling at that point was, well, unexpected -- and that's being kind to offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan. They missed a huge opportunity to seal the game.
Shanahan called a pass on second and third downs. The first resulted in a 12-yard sack, and the second was overturned by a holding penalty. On the next play -- on third-and-33 -- Shanahan called another pass that fell incomplete. The Falcons lost 23 yards on two plays, were forced to punt and drained only 1:10 off the clock.

Had the Falcons simply run three times -- even if they failed to gain a single yard -- kicker Matt Bryant would have been in position for a quite reasonable 39-yard field goal attempt. In his career, Bryant is 31-for-32 on field goals of 40 yards or shorter in the fourth quarter or overtime, according to research from Micah Adams of ESPN Stats & Information.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...-super-bowl-li

For true fans of Atlanta sports teams (I of course was rooting for the Falcons but am not committed to them as I am to the Steelers) a devastating loss - this column in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution sums it up

The Falcons lose the most Atlanta game ever

This wasn't just another in Atlanta's lengthy series of Hard Knocks and Epic Collapses. This was the absolute worst. This was the game that, with 17 minutes and seven seconds remaining, could not be lost. It was.

http://www.myajc.com/sports/football...a3T0LArVo0OVO/  

Only loss by a Pittsburgh team that I can compare it to would be the 1992 Pirates loss to the Braves in game 7 of the NL playoffs - but even that was just to get to the World Series rather than blowing a lead in the bottom of the ninth in the deciding game of the World Series
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 am

If anyone revels in misery, here is the place to be:http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:45 am

the fix was in. i called it when NE was down 16 points that tom brady was going to lead them from behind and to an OT victory. it played out exactly like how I thought it would.

and they're going to make a movie about it in 20-30 years, bank on it
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:57 am

@Fire Arians wrote:
the fix was in. i called it when NE was down 16 points that tom brady was going to lead them from behind and to an OT victory. it played out exactly like how I thought it would.

and they're going to make a movie about it in 20-30 years, bank on it

I said the exact same thing to my lady. Most of us could see it coming. I was never one to believe in games being rigged, but last night was so blatantly obvious. How could a QB, offensive coordinator, and head coach be that stupid all at the same time, up by 8 points with less than five minutes left in a game? Fuckin' sad...

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:13 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
IMO the Falcons blew it by not playing conservative after the score was 28-12 and going with calls that drive Steelers fans nuts when Todd Haley does it.

Exactly! They basically did the opposite of what a coach is suppose to do in common sense, coaching moments. Unfortunately, a lot of Steelers fans are still in denial, but that's another story itself.

Anyway, all Atlanta had to do was run the ball a few times on that last drive. This would have forced NE to use their last 2 timeouts or the clock would have run down. Next ATL could have attempted a FG and maybe went up by 11 points. If they missed it, at least there would have been less time on the clock and/or NE wouldn't have any timeouts left. Fuckin' pathetic... SMH

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 pm

@Jazzo wrote:

Its absolutely true, they showed it on live tv. Ryan called a timeout with like 50 seconds left in the third I think it was went walking to the sideline pointing to his helmet saying I cant hear shit
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Also, Atlanta proved they are still the playoff chokers we knew they were, they just held it off a little longer this year. No excuse losing when youre up 28-3.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:20 pm

@TollingtheBell26 wrote:
@Jazzo wrote:

Its absolutely true, they showed it on live tv. Ryan called a timeout with like 50 seconds left in the third I think it was went walking to the sideline pointing to his helmet saying I cant hear shit

Yep. I saw that.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:42 pm

Imagine how this guy feels today

$1.1 million wager placed on underdog Falcons

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/18619031/1-million-wager-placed-underdog-atlanta-falcons
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Falcons choked big time after leading all that time!

PostSubject: Re: The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread   

Back to top Go down

The "I Really Could Give Two Feces" Super Bowl Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: