HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Ben's retirement talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrcrash
Banned
avatar

Posts : 604
Likes : 10
Join date : 2014-08-07

PostSubject: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:48 pm

First of all Wallace I hope you're feeling better.

Now, this talk of Ben retiring is REAL. Money won't make the decision for him. He has money, he has all the money he'll ever need.

TWO sources, have reported, that Ben has pretty much had it with Todd Haley. Inside Pittsburgh Sports has also reported that Haley has a reputation among the players for not going "the extra mile" as far as game planning preparation and he's notoriously late for meetings with the offensive players.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/inside-buzz-whispers-on-big-bens-frustration-with-me-first-players-todd-haley/

For example, when Whiz was the OC Ben would only get the game plan on WEDNESDAY, when it was Arians and Ken Anderson as his QB Coach? They'd start planning on MONDAY.

The stuff with AB can be fixed. But Ben is right, AB's too preoccupied with his brand, his showboating, his antics.

He has to stop.

But IMO the Haley Era should end, if it doesn't? Then IMO Ben will have played his last down as a Steeler.

The root of this is Haley, but, Ben's resentment, is going to be towards Art II. This has been brewing for years, the wasted timeouts, the idiotic gimmick plays at key moments, the bizarre 5th grade recess formations. It's finally got Ben to his breaking point.

Ever watch a game from behind their bench in person? The offense comes off the field, and no one speaks to Haley. Not offensive players, not coaches. NO ONE.

Ben's at the bench with Gradkowski, Jones, and WR's looking at pictures. The linemen group together on the bench.

Where's Haley? Standing by himself on the sidelines looking at his play-sheet. No one within 20 feet of him. And it happens all the time. But no one reports it from local media who are basically lapdogs for the Rooney's, you only hear about problems when the national guys report something.

If Haley stays, one of two things will happen.

1. Ben "retires" like Carson Palmer did.

2. Ben retires for good because he still only wants to play for one team.

This is sad to watch, sad to witness, a HOF QB on the verge of retirement or relocation because an owner hired his unqualified friend.

Ben doesn't like players and their self-promotion, but his current OC does the same thing.

That Baltimore game on Christmas was a perfect example of it.

Haley's mixing and matching for 45 minutes resulted in 10 points.

Then with 15 minutes to go in their season, Haley's pets had to sit, and Ben and the wides dominated.

It's time to give Randy Fichtner his chance. Three wides, a RB, a TE. And get the hell out of the way.

That doesn't happen? I think the Ben Era ends.

I was told after Haley's FIRST season here, that if you weren't "all in" with Haley you wouldn't be here.

Regardless of WHO you were.

I guess we're about to find out if my source was correct.





Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:12 pm

@mrcrash wrote:
TWO sources, have reported, that Ben has pretty much had it with Todd Haley.  Inside Pittsburgh Sports has also reported that Haley has a reputation among the players for not going "the extra mile" as far as game planning preparation and he's notoriously late for meetings with the offensive players.  

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/inside-buzz-whispers-on-big-bens-frustration-with-me-first-players-todd-haley/

For example, when Whiz was the OC Ben would only get the game plan on WEDNESDAY, when it was Arians and Ken Anderson as his QB Coach?  They'd start planning on MONDAY.

Yes - if only Whisenhunt and Haley were more like Arians Who were the two sources for the story - Arians and Arians' agent?

Maybe Arians should have spent more time working on the game plan before turning it over on Monday given how his Steelers offense performed and Ben was getting clobbered annually

Although we all know BA invented football he was fired in 2011 and his preseason Super Bowl favorite Cardinals crapped out in 2016

As has been posted in other threads, Ben is not going anywhere

And Tomlin is not firing his OC
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1405
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Same old argument

Same result

Member banned, again.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 372
Likes : 91
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Hire Arians? Lol
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert



Posts : 761
Likes : 419
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:11 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
Same old argument

Same result

Member banned, again.



All due respect @kirkland rules, but what was so bad about mrcrash's post that warrants banning?

I know many people have issues with him from what I've read here, but his latest post didn't seem the least bit inflammatory to me.

What am I missing?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:27 pm

@FrancoLambert wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
Same old argument

Same result

Member banned, again.

All due respect @kirkland rules, but what was so bad about mrcrash's post that warrants banning?

I know many people have issues with him from what I've read here, but his latest post didn't seem the least bit inflammatory to me.

What am I missing?


The subplot about Arians having a better work ethic than both Haley and Whiz was a red flag for me and

If Ben really is a source for that and is still working through issues with Whiz from a decade ago shame on him - my bet is a lot of that article is conjecture

And FWIW if Arians really did get the game plan to Ben on Mondays he has slacked off since then

Arians gave Peter King access as tradeoff for a very flattering story in 2015 that included this nugget

There’s something placid about Carson Palmer. He’s unfazed by most distractions. It’s a trait that has served him well in 13 years as an NFL quarterback. So he is not particularly worried when the game plan for the following Sunday—which usually pops up on the screen of his tablet between 5 and 7 p.m. on Tuesdays—isn’t there by 7.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/17/nfl-carson-palmer-arizona-cardinals-inside-game-plan

Anyone with an online connection can write a story - I have my doubts William DePaoli has great sources inside the Steelers

IMO the banning reference was related to the poster having Crash in his username, which stirs up guilt by association
Back to top Go down
TheProfessor
Banned


Posts : 3
Likes : 0
Join date : 2017-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:53 pm

Quote :
The subplot about Arians having a better work ethic than both Haley and Whiz was a red flag for me

All I did was report facts.  Whiz gave Ben the game plan on Wednesday's, Arians/Anderson starting on Monday's.  

FYI, Ben's not the source for IPS' article.  

Quote :
And FWIW if Arians really did get the game plan to Ben on Mondays he has slacked off since then

I said START PLANNING on Monday's.  I didn't say the entire game plan, did I?  

Apology accepted.  

This is also 10 years later, Arians is also the head coach in Arizona, so he obviously has more duties, and more people to deal with, no?  

Quote :
All due respect @kirkland rules, but what was so bad about mrcrash's post that warrants banning?

I know many people have issues with him from what I've read here, but his latest post didn't seem the least bit inflammatory to me.

What am I missing?

These guys just want a mod/admin circle jerk.  They don't want real NFL discussion here.  

It's not my fault that Todd Haley and Art II destroyed Ben's legacy, his potential 1st ballot induction into the HOF, and now, apparently his love for the game.  Like I said, people who pay attention, and don't ignore things have seen this coming.  You can see it on Roethlisberger's face.  He at times looks bored, complacent, frustrated, that's what happens when you are put in a no win situation and are being coached by an unqualified idiot.  

Can you imagine what guys like Fichtner, and especially Munchak must be thinking when they sit in meetings and then have to answer to this moron?  I bet they go home just shaking their heads.  

What really irks these guys though is I'll tell them what Haley should't do, I get called a troll, insulted, then Haley goes right ahead and does it.  Then they don't have shit to say.

Bottom line here is that the Todd Haley Era has been a FAILURE.  He has not A) Kept Ben on the field enough B) His offense isn't consistent enough, and C) He won't stop self-promoting his bullshit. His latest bullshit is the Chris Hubbard formation, which is basically useless, and limits what Ben can do.

And what happened at the end of the half Sunday? First in goal at the 1 foot line and the Hubbard formation got stuffed twice. Then Ben thew a 2 yard pass to Rogers.

But I guess we're supposed to be "happy" that Ben wasn't sacked, right?

If Bruce Arians did half the shit that Haley has in the 5 years he's been here? This board would explode.  

But only they know, why they give Toddy a free pass.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan



Posts : 2001
Likes : 1635
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:12 pm

@TheProfessor wrote:
Quote :
The subplot about Arians having a better work ethic than both Haley and Whiz was a red flag for me

All I did was report facts.  Whiz gave Ben the game plan on Wednesday's, Arians/Anderson starting on Monday's.  

FYI, Ben's not the source for IPS' article.  

Quote :
And FWIW if Arians really did get the game plan to Ben on Mondays he has slacked off since then

I said START PLANNING on Monday's.  I didn't say the entire game plan, did I?  

Apology accepted.  

This is also 10 years later, Arians is also the head coach in Arizona, so he obviously has more duties, and more people to deal with, no?  

Quote :
All due respect @kirkland rules, but what was so bad about mrcrash's post that warrants banning?

I know many people have issues with him from what I've read here, but his latest post didn't seem the least bit inflammatory to me.

What am I missing?

These guys just want a mod/admin circle jerk.  They don't want real NFL discussion here.  

It's not my fault that Todd Haley and Art II destroyed Ben's legacy, his potential 1st ballot induction into the HOF, and now, apparently his love for the game.  Like I said, people who pay attention, and don't ignore things have seen this coming.  You can see it on Roethlisberger's face.  He at times looks bored, complacent, frustrated, that's what happens when you are put in a no win situation and are being coached by an unqualified idiot.  

Can you imagine what guys like Fichtner, and especially Munchak must be thinking when they sit in meetings and then have to answer to this moron?  I bet they go home just shaking their heads.  

What really irks these guys though is I'll tell them what Haley should't do, I get called a troll, insulted, then Haley goes right ahead and does it.  Then they don't have shit to say.

Bottom line here is that the Todd Haley Era has been a FAILURE.  He has not A) Kept Ben on the field enough B) His offense isn't consistent enough, and C) He won't stop self-promoting his bullshit.  His latest bullshit is the Chris Hubbard formation, which is basically useless, and limits what Ben can do.  

And what happened at the end of the half Sunday?  First in goal at the 1 foot line and the Hubbard formation got stuffed twice.  Then Ben thew a 2 yard pass to Rogers.  

But I guess we're supposed to be "happy" that Ben wasn't sacked, right?  

If Bruce Arians did half the shit that Haley has in the 5 years he's been here? This board would explode.  

But only they know, why they give Toddy a free pass.

So first you post as mrcrash and then reappear in the thread as TheProfessor?  You really should have posed as TheProfessor defending what "he" posted as mrcrash - not very smart

Props to kirklandrules for calling you out for the troll you are

P.S. - Arians also was OC for 5 years and what he did caused multiple Steelers boards to explode
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert



Posts : 761
Likes : 419
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:26 pm

OK, I get it now.
Back to top Go down
TheProfessor
Banned


Posts : 3
Likes : 0
Join date : 2017-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Quote :
Props to kirklandrules for calling you out for the troll you are

I'm CRASH, you'll notice the mrcrash handle has 600 posts, I didn't even know it was still active. LOL

Quote :
P.S. - Arians also was OC for 5 years and what he did caused multiple Steelers boards to explode

Arians had one fault.  He tipped run/pass based on formation usually.  

But Arians made the offense about his players.  

Todd Haley makes the offense about HIMSELF.  

No one, who has watched this team the last 10 years can disagree with that.  

Ben was a 1st ballot HOFer after 8 years.  

If Haley drives him to retirement or to another city?  He may not be.  They'll hold it against him.

Damn shame.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 372
Likes : 91
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Poop.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
avatar

Posts : 684
Likes : 254
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:09 pm


_________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2488
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:02 am

Crash, seriously get a life. Get a job. Get off your Mom's Emachine and find something more productive to do with your time, instead of sitting on a computer constantly starting the Haley/Fichtner argument over, and over, and over, and over like a broken record. Nobody cares about your personal vendetta against Todd Haley, your weird infatuation with Bruce Arians, or your armchair GM opinion that the Steelers should let Fichtner be the Offensive Coordinator.

Seriously, go check yourself into a mental health facility. Tell some shrink all about how everything is Todd Haley's fault, how the Steelers fired your idol Bruce Arians, and how Randy Fichtner should be the Offensive Coordinator because you think he should be. I think everyone here at Steelers Xtreme, and even over at Steelers Universe are pretty well fed up with your bullshit.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:07 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Crash, seriously get a life. Get a job. Get off your Mom's Emachine and find something more productive to do with your time, instead of sitting on a computer constantly starting the Haley/Fichtner argument over, and over, and over, and over like a broken record. Nobody cares about your personal vendetta against Todd Haley, your weird infatuation with Bruce Arians, or your armchair GM opinion that the Steelers should let Fichtner be the Offensive Coordinator.

Seriously, go check yourself into a mental health facility. Tell some shrink all about how everything is Todd Haley's fault, how the Steelers fired your idol Bruce Arians, and how Randy Fichtner should be the Offensive Coordinator because you think he should be. I think everyone here at Steelers Xtreme, and even over at Steelers Universe are pretty well fed up with your bullshit.

Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2604
Likes : 489
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:02 am

@FrancoLambert wrote:
OK, I get it now.  

Yeah it doesn't take long to figure this guy out.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1405
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:43 am

@solardave wrote:
@FrancoLambert wrote:
OK, I get it now.  

Yeah it doesn't take long to figure this guy out.

And Franco, I will say a good percentage of his posts are just rants and raves over his obsession with Haley/Arians and that his behavior becomes very troll like when the group doesn't adopt his opinions. The Mods and Admins held our noses to this behavior and even pushed back on other members if they violated our rules when they dealt with him. We've been far more than fair in our dealings with Crash. However, more than once he violated our rules with very personal attacks against members and admins of this site. We sent him private messages all but begging him to tone down his frantic behavior, to no avail. After a ban for a few years we decided to give him another try. It started off o.k., but as he noticed the general membership pushed back against his ideas, he once again fell back into the frantic behavior and personal attacks. Our current position is to keep banning every account he creates. Literally, our members were fatigued with his behavior.

We love diverse ideas ... hell, you really can't have much of a conversation if all members agree. And a good conspiracy theory can be great fun every now and then. At the end of the day, our rules are there for a reason. Although we do our best to regulate them as gently as possible, there are times the ban hammer becomes a tool that must be used.
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1676
Likes : 483
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:57 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Crash, seriously get a life. Get a job. Get off your Mom's Emachine [...]

Holy chiz...that's a brand I haven't heard in a decade.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@FrancoLambert wrote:
OK, I get it now.  

Yeah it doesn't take long to figure this guy out.

And Franco, I will say a good percentage of his posts are just rants and raves over his obsession with Haley/Arians and that his behavior becomes very troll like when the group doesn't adopt his opinions. The Mods and Admins held our noses to this behavior and even pushed back on other members if they violated our rules when they dealt with him. We've been far more than fair in our dealings with Crash. However, more than once he violated our rules with very personal attacks against members and admins of this site. We sent him private messages all but begging him to tone down his frantic behavior, to no avail. After a ban for a few years we decided to give him another try. It started off o.k., but as he noticed the general membership pushed back against his ideas, he once again fell back into the frantic behavior and personal attacks. Our current position is to keep banning every account he creates. Literally, our members were fatigued with his behavior.

We love diverse ideas ... hell, you really can't have much of a conversation if all members agree. And a good conspiracy theory can be great fun every now and then. At the end of the day, our rules are there for a reason. Although we do our best to regulate them as gently as possible, there are times the ban hammer becomes a tool that must be used.

You guys do a great job running the forum. It's a fun, relaxed, informative place to come to and lacks the aggressiveness of some. I spent 10 years as owner/operator of a large international gaming club. Keeping the message board clean is no small task, and sometimes the best you can do is zero tolerance towards habitual troublemakers. Some people can't be reached, let it go and move forward. Keep up the good work

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1826
Likes : 815
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:35 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:


You guys do a great job running the forum. It's a fun, relaxed, informative place to come to and lacks the aggressiveness of some. I spent 10 years as owner/operator of a large international gaming club. Keeping the message board clean is no small task, and sometimes the best you can do is zero tolerance towards habitual troublemakers. Some people can't be reached, let it go and move forward. Keep up the good work  

+1

LWS, thanks for stating this so succinctly. I agree completely with this in that the mods do a great job and sometimes the best you can do with habitual troublemakers is have that kind of policy. Great analogy based upon your experiences.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

avatar

Posts : 265
Likes : 134
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Erie, PA

PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:40 pm

Can't say I agree with any of this hyperbole. The only issue on offense that I can see is that without Le'Veon we're reduced to 1 outstanding target (AB), and 1 decent target (James). The lack of quality offensive targets is not Haley's fault, and it's just due to some unfortunate circumstances that we don't have more of them, i.e. Martavis, Green, and bad picks.

What's our main issue? You figure it out and get back to me. Hint: it would in no way influence Ben in any future retirement plans.

_________________
"Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before." ~ Steven Wright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ben's retirement talk    

Back to top Go down
 
Ben's retirement talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: