HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Bell May Require Groin Surgery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Bell May Require Groin Surgery   Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 pm

This from the P-G

Le’Veon Bell set a Steelers post-season rushing record twice within eight days in January while playing with an injured groin that may now need surgery....

Bell, making the rounds of Super Bowl media interviews while representing FedEx on Wednesday, told the Post-Gazette that one doctor advised him to have surgery and a second told him his injured groin would heal with rest.

“I’m going to see a third,” Bell said, and that surgery is “definitely” possible.

Bell said his groin was hurt when he was tackled during the Steelers playoff victory against Miami at Heinz Field Jan. 8, when he set the Steelers post-season rushing record with 167 yards. He broke that the following week with 170 yards against Kansas City....

[T]hey probably would not have had Bell in the Super Bowl.

“I don’t know,’’ Bell said. “I would have tried.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/02/01/pittsburgh-steelers-Le-Veon-Bell-groin-surgery-afc-championship/stories/201702010222

With this news surprised bell was so effective in the KC game

Injuries happen - guess he rests it but hopefully does not wait too long if surgery is the preferred option

Another example of why signing running backs to big $$$ long term contracts is a risk

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Bell May Require Groin Surgery   Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:00 am

Well that's just great... run the wheels off him right Tomlin? Sigh...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bell May Require Groin Surgery   Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:10 am

I don't know that I believe Bell injured his groin as far back as the Dolphins game. Just seems fishy to me that you hurt your groin, and then promptly go out against and even tougher defense and break the Steelers postseason rushing yards in a game record for the second time in two games. Just seems to me that Ben might not be the only drama queen on this team. The Killer B's seem to be drama queens in general.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bell May Require Groin Surgery   Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:26 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I don't know that I believe Bell injured his groin as far back as the Dolphins game. Just seems fishy to me that you hurt your groin, and then promptly go out against and even tougher defense and break the Steelers postseason rushing yards in a game record for the second time in two games. Just seems to me that Ben might not be the only drama queen on this team. The Killer B's seem to be drama queens in general.

I was thinking the same thing. An injury like that doesn't make you stronger before it puts you on the sideline.
I wonder too why it wasn't reported. Maybe because they didn't want the Patriots* to know. I smell fish. Pun intended.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bell May Require Groin Surgery   

Back to top Go down

Bell May Require Groin Surgery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: