HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Per ESPN: 4 years, and 68M. AB is now the highest paid receiver in the league.

Business is indeed, boomin'.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18783479/pittsburgh-steelers-make-antonio-brown-highest-paid-wr-nfl

Last edited by jak341 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:20 pm

damn thats some serious money. time to win some championships
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:45 pm

sure hoping the antics disappear and he shows up as a leader for the young WRs we have. He needs to lead by example and take on a mentoring roll to those younger guys like Hines did.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 am

Needs to mature and be a leader. Hines Ward was a leader, he set the tone for the younger guys. Brown needs to do the same.

Excited we've got him locked down though. #84 means a lot to this offense.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:16 am

That was part I. Now we need No. 2 to show up.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:49 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:

Need Big Ben to get off the Brett Favre drama wagon and either commit or retire. I feel he's coming back, no way he leaves after coming so close last season.

Already put the franchise tag on Bell, so we've got him for sure at least one more season, and apparently they are still trying to work out a long term deal with him regardless of the franchise tag. Guess the franchise tag was just added insurance.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:15 am

Steeler-in-west wrote:
That was part I. Now we need No. 7 to show up.

fixed it for you

7 better show up or that's a waste of 17mil for a receiver that's only as good as the guy throwing him the ball.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:53 am

Health will be an issue next year. We have a good core but Ben and (Bell, not even including suspensions) miss at least a couple games due to injury each every year. Call me crazy but I think maybe Karlos Williams may help us out next year.

Pouncey made it through the year and proved his value. Our o-line played very well last year and hopefully stays healthy. AV was the weak point but I think he is improving and won't hurt us if he stays there. DeCastro needs to clean up his senseless penalties. He's to damn good for that.

And I agree with what's been said about AB stepping up and becoming a lead by example guy like Hines was.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:24 am

Ben has the O line, the number one RB and WR that he has been asking for, and a coaching staff that believes in his ability, time to reciprocate the notion and show the world what the Steelers can do when superstars/health/gameplan all meld together.

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:29 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:

Need Big Ben to get off the Brett Favre drama wagon and either commit or retire. I feel he's coming back, no way he leaves after coming so close last season.

Already put the franchise tag on Bell, so we've got him for sure at least one more season, and apparently they are still trying to work out a long term deal with him regardless of the franchise tag. Guess the franchise tag was just added insurance.

In addition to that, Bryant needs to reestablish himself out there. It was painfull to watch teams double AB, specially in the AFCCG, without fear of getting burned elsewhere on the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life   

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown Is Signed and Is A Steeler For Life
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: