HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:58 am

Ed Bouchette wrote:
"Top five quarterback prospects as rated by nfldraftscout.comPlayer School Year
Mitch Trubisky North Carolina Jr.
DeShone Kizer Notre Dame So.
Deshaun Watson, Clemson Jr.
Patrick Mahomes Texas Tech Jr.
Brad Kaaya Miami Jr.

--- For the Steelers, keep an eye on: Davis Webb California Sr."
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:00 pm

If one is of value, why not. I like Kaaya in the 3rd and he will take some time to work up to being NFL ready, or else Webb is a later prospect, but I don't like that Webb hasn't really had a lot of game experience.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:43 pm

If the value is there yes. If it's reaching then hell no. I liked what I saw from Mahomes and he might be available.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:37 am

It would be nice to be able to steal a potential future starter in the mid to late rounds. A diamond in the ruff. Notice I said "future". I don't want anyone accusing me of kicking Ben to the curb.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:34 am

would hate to see another 20 years between franchise QBs but I don't know how long Ben really wants to play is it 1, 2, 3, or more years. imo 2 years then retirement.

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:40 am

effyou515 wrote:
would hate to see another 20 years between franchise QBs but I don't know how long Ben really wants to play is it 1, 2, 3, or more years. imo 2 years then retirement.

My thoughts exactly. I don't care if they start off 3rd string as long as they can learn the playbook and get reps in practice. But to wait until Ben is retired like they did with Bradshaw without even a legit starter in the wings was painful to watch.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:28 am

solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I don't care if they start off 3rd string as long as they can learn the playbook and get reps in practice. But to wait until Ben is retired like they did with Bradshaw without even a legit starter in the wings was painful to watch.

Very true. Today's generation of Steeler fans that whines and complains about not winning the division or having a 10 win season and a wildcard berth, has no clue what those days between QB's is like. If it happens, there will be an entire generation of fans learning how dedicated they are to their team, because as you point out it is painful.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:16 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
solardave wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Very true.  Today's generation of Steeler fans that whines and complains about not winning the division or having a 10 win season and a wildcard berth, has no clue what those days between QB's is like.  If it happens, there will be an entire generation of fans learning how dedicated they are to their team, because as you point out it is painful.

Suffering through the 80s was a harsh time to be a Steeler fan watching the Browns and Kosar and the Bungles with Andersen beat us regularly... I dont ever want to go back to those dark days! affraid
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Webb , Dobbs or Kaaya in the 3rd or 4th...they need someone to beat out Jones...He cannot be the Heir apparant
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Next year is Ben's last big go for it so get the heir in now if talent is there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?   

Back to top Go down

Should the Steelers follow Patriots* philosophy & draft a QB?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: