HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:41 pm

Linebacker Lawrence Timmons has spent his entire NFL career with the Steelers, but he’s reached the end of his contract and reportedly talking to the Dolphins about making a move.

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports that Timmons is set to visit the Dolphins after free agency opens on Thursday afternoon. Fowler adds that Timmons’ agents have been speaking to the Steelers as well, but that nothing at this point suggests he won’t hit the open market.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/08/report-lawrence-timmons-to-visit-dolphins-after-free-agency-begins/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:13 pm

salary cap wise Timmons departure would be good.

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Love 94 but he has lost a step and Vince will fill in that spot just fine and a lot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:20 am

Wonder if the Steelers have their eyes on MLB in the draft? I thought another year or two from Timmons would benefit the defense, he's still effective and he offers good veteran leadership. If we can find a younger replacement though, or if they think Vince Williams can take over the role, then saving the money is probably the best move.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:43 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Love 94 but he has lost a step and Vince will fill in that spot just fine and a lot cheaper.

I think you are correct. They are set to move forward with Williams and likely look in the draft if somebody of value is there. Otherwise, Matakevich, Fort and another veteran brought in for backups.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Timmons was good here, and he was slightly undervalued. The Bell tag and Brown contracts were going to bring casualties. Timmons, and probably more yet, are them.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:44 pm

If he goes, and I hope he doesn't, I'll wish him the best because he was a true Steeler LB.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:15 pm

The Dolphins sent him a private jet
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:53 pm

He was always professional,and humble. I wish him the best in Miami.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Thank you Mr. Timmons!
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:42 pm

I dont know what planet some of you have been on but Vince Williams hasnt shown he can do what Timmons has been doing. Steelers have cap space for the first time since Moses wore short pants and the cap went up, yet this off season looks the damn same.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:50 pm

@OX1947 wrote:
I dont know what planet some of you have been on but Vince Williams hasnt shown he can do what Timmons has been doing. Steelers have cap space for the first time since Moses wore short pants and the cap went up, yet this off season looks the damn same.

And you want to spend that cap space on a 10 year Veteran ILB instead of young guys like Brown, Bell, Tuitt, Shazier? Still need a LT under contract and upgrade pass rush, WR, TE(if Green isn't back).

Shazier is the Steelers best ILB, Timmons has been great, but considering the amount of sub packages played these days, Williams will be a 2 down ILB and they didn't need to invest that kind of money on a 2 down player on the wrong side of 30. Cap forces some tough decisions and Timmons is one of them. Williams has shown he is a good ILB, so I am not concerned at all.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Let him go a year too early rather than a year too late. He will be missed but it's time to go to another direction.

I prefer Zach Brown who is better in coverage if the Steelers want to address the ILB position through FA market.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:13 am

One thing is sure, ILB is now or biggest need in the draft/FA together with an edge rusher and CB. And we also need a TE and a decent back-up RB. I hope they can address one of these positions in FA or we will need to hit all our picks in the upcoming draft.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:11 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
One thing is sure, ILB is now or biggest need in the draft/FA together with an edge rusher and CB. And we also need a TE and a decent back-up RB. I hope they can address one of these positions in FA or we will need to hit all our picks in the upcoming draft.

This year draft is a perfect match to the Steelers needs. It's widely considered one of the best draft classes in recent years and the talent pool is especially rich in DB, OLB and TE.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:10 am

@kan_t wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

This year draft is a perfect match to the Steelers needs. It's widely considered one of the best draft classes in recent years and the talent pool is especially rich in DB, OLB and TE.  

You're right. But ILB could be a problem. At 30 there's a small chance for Reddick or Cunningham or they could go for Jarrad Davis. In round 2 there's McMillan, but he has pass coverage problems.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Timmons apparently went AWOL today.

Dolphins' Timmons inactive after going AWOL http://es.pn/2xe91gR
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

This site is speculating that Timmons is unhappy.
http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Lawrence-Timmons-inactive-after-leaving-Dolphins-107591936
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:01 pm

Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 am

Wow seems like he probably misses Pittsburgh. Hate that for him. But he would not had gone AWOL!

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:53 pm

What an absolutely bizarre situation. Mwybe he's pulling a Blount to try and make it back to his old team?

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:55 pm

he's in Pittsburgh begging Art II to resign him.

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:17 pm

That grass always looks greener....
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:51 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
What an absolutely bizarre situation. Mwybe he's pulling a Blount to try and make it back to his old team?

Yeah, I kind of wondered the same. This seems so completely out of character for him. I wonder if the Dolphins don't expect him back...they suspended him and traded for another LB. I wished the Steelers had suspended Blount too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   

Back to top Go down

Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: