HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:38 am

I'm curious what the Dolphins will do after 4 weeks (the maximum they can suspend him due to CBA). Trade him? Nobody wants a 30+ player with problems and an 11M guarenteed contract. Cut him? It would be strange since they already could have done that now. Unless they don't want him to play for another team the following weeks. Keep him? Would be strange too, because there will be a lot of bad blood between him and the coach.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
I'm curious what the Dolphins will do after 4 weeks (the maximum they can suspend him due to CBA). Trade him? Nobody wants a 30+ player with problems and an 11M guarenteed contract. Cut him? It would be strange since they already could have done that now. Unless they don't want him to play for another team the following weeks. Keep him? Would be strange too, because there will be a lot of bad blood between him and the coach.

I read that he saw a Dr. Maybe to be checked for CTE. This doesn't seem like the Timmons that played for us. I'd like to know the real story.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:19 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

I read that he saw a Dr. Maybe to be checked for CTE. This doesn't seem like the Timmons that played for us. I'd like to know the real story.

Me too. Whatever it is, it's uncharacteristic for him. Let's hope it's not CTE related, that would be devastating.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:23 am

It just seems completely out of character for him. I too hope it's not CTE related. Lawrence always seemed like a great guy and worked hard while he was here.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:26 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
It just seems completely out of character for him. I too hope it's not CTE related. Lawrence always seemed like a great guy and worked hard while he was here.

Yeah true. It does seem really out of character for Timmons, he's always been the consummate professional
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:42 am

REPORT: Former Steeler Lawrence Timmons returned to Pittsburgh, wants to come back

According to NFL reporter Jason LaCanfora, former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons might be getting a little homesick. According to La Canfora, Timmons actually returned to Pittsburgh prior to the events of week two and expressed an interest in coming back to the Steelers.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/24/report-former-steeler-lawrence-timmons-returned-to-pittsburg-wants-to-come-back/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:38 am

I don't see a place for him, nor do I know exactly what the salary implications are.

That ship has sailed.
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:49 pm

@jak341 wrote:

That ship has sailed.

No doubt. Buh-bye.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Wrong thread. Post removed.

Last edited by jak341 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:13 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
REPORT: Former Steeler Lawrence Timmons returned to Pittsburgh, wants to come back

According to NFL reporter Jason LaCanfora, former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons might be getting a little homesick. According to La Canfora, Timmons actually returned to Pittsburgh prior to the events of week two and expressed an interest in coming back to the Steelers.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/24/report-former-steeler-lawrence-timmons-returned-to-pittsburg-wants-to-come-back/

he's still a better option than Williams I like him in the run defense but I'll need to come out on passing plays. he'll need to take a massive pay cut from what the Steelers were paying him.

imo he still has a couple of years left not as a 3 down LB.

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:57 am

You gotta wonder about him doing this in such a public way. The Miami bridge is burning if not burnt. How would they want him back after he doesn't show up, gets suspended, then visits his old team and says he'd rather be there? I wonder if the Steelers would consider bringing him back if he is released.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:31 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
You gotta wonder about him doing this in such a public way. The Miami bridge is burning if not burnt. How would they want him back after he doesn't show up, gets suspended, then visits his old team and says he'd rather be there? I wonder if the Steelers would consider bringing him back if he is released.

If he'll take a pay cut, sure why not!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:29 pm

man I loved seeing Lawrence in the black and gold.....always had a high opinion of him.....

but I'm kind of torn with this...he essentially did what blount did if I'm reading some of these stories right.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:12 pm

This wasn't the outcome I would have guessed a few days ago:

Miami Dolphins linebacker Lawrence Timmons was reinstated Tuesday from his indefinite suspension, the team announced.

He will play Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20828060/lawrence-timmons-miami-dolphins-reinstated-play-sunday

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 pm

That reinstatement was quick. Man what a weird set of events that was. Hopefully all is well with him. Nothing but love for Law Dog.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:50 am

sign him with in the Steelers structure going forward. Timmmons 30 year old which was over paid the last 6 years time to give a little back for the team.

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:02 am

@effyou515 wrote:
sign him with in the Steelers structure going forward. Timmmons 30 year old which was over paid the last 6 years time to give a little back for the team.

I don't think Law Dog is coming back to Pittsburgh. It would make little sense unless he wants to take a major paycut and be a backup. I think the team likes what they've got with Williams and Dirty Red (Matekavich), and I think they'll probably look for more ILB depth in next year's draft because it'd be cheaper to bring in fresher young talent than keeping around a veteran that honestly looked to me last season like he's lost a step. Timmon's main strength was always his speed, and I think definitely over the past couple of seasons his speed isn't what it used to be, and he makes more plays based on his knowledge of the game than off of his athletic talent.

Nothing but respect for Timmons, but I don't see him coming back. But hey, I could be wrong! Harrison came back after a year with the Bungles.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins   

Back to top Go down

Report: Lawrence Timmons to visit Dolphins after free agency begins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: