HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:38 am

@Drizztbob wrote:
Hunter will prob struggle to make the team to be honest...check out what Labriola said:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-justin-hunter-is-no-shoo-in-to-make-the-steelers/

All odds are against him but Labriola also pointed out:

"Hunter will be coming into the first winning atmosphere since he left college, in playing with Antonio Brown he will have an up-close view of the kind of work necessary to become a successful receiver in the NFL, and he’ll be playing with a legitimate NFL franchise quarterback for the first time in his life, a legitimate franchise quarterback who is one of the best deep-ball passers in the league."

I'm hoping he leaves us no choice but to keep him.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:41 am

I think he takes DHBs spot if he does his studying and gets the playbook down. He is just as fast as DHB and a lot younger. Got to think future returns on this guy. He can stretch the field has good hands, he just needs a solid QB throwing to him and to work on running sharper routes... a very coachable thing if his attitude and work ethic is there.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:41 am

@kan_t wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Quote :
Martavis Bryant fires back at Justin Hunter comparisons

Martavis Bryant is waiting on reinstatement from the NFL, but he has taken notice of a recent free agent signing the Pittsburgh Steelers have made.

The Steelers signed wide receiver Justin Hunter earlier this week, who is similar in physical measurables, but Bryant wants to make it known that he is the better player.

Stop it with the non sense people go check my film out and compare it..
   — Martavis Bryant (@ThaBestUNO) March 15, 2017

Bryant has not been able to stay on the field due to substance abuse problems, but he could have extra motivated to prove his worth to the Steelers after their recent signing as the team tries to find a consistent No. 2 option next to Antonio Brown.

sounds like someone doesn't like the idea of competition.  not exactly the words of a TEAM player , who would wish the newbie well and root for his success....for the teams benefit.

I'm starting to think that the Steelers will dump him for something like a 5th round pick before trade deadline and they are going to pick a WR in the coming draft.

I hope that doesn't happen. He's got too much talent to not be given one more chance. We've seen how our passing game becomes less effective when he's not on the field. Coates or Wheaton can't come close to what he can do. If he and Bell were on the field in the AFCCG, man, its a whole new game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter   

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign WR Justin Hunter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: