HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:23 pm

PITTSBURGH -- With the dismissal of all charges against him, Darrelle Revis assumes NFL teams began calling in search of his signature.

He hopes one of them is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"That would be a dream come true, I tell you, to play for the hometown team," Revis said. "It would be."

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/03/darrelle_revis_steelers_nfl_fa.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:24 pm

so now that his talent and career are on the downside , he wants to be a steeler ? he's had plenty of opportunities to cut a deal with pittsburgh , but always chased the dollar. where was his dream then ?
offer him a 1 year 2 million dollar deal and watch how quick his dream of playing for his home town team disappears.
personally , if i were the GM and i was interested in him it would be as a free safety ala rod woodsen.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:25 am

NO! Just NO!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:30 am

1 year deal league min to coach up our CB's and play nickel from time to time. Other than that, Revis is washed up and a head case. Nice of him to allow his "friend" to drop a dime on himself to take the rap...pretty convenient.

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:13 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
so now that his talent and career are on the downside , he wants to be a steeler ?  he's had plenty of opportunities to cut a deal with pittsburgh , but always chased the dollar.  where was his dream then ?
offer him a 1 year 2 million dollar deal and watch how quick his dream of playing for his home town team disappears.
personally , if i were the GM and i was interested in him it would be as a free safety ala rod woodsen.

I agree with this part. Had this conversation at work the other day about him. He's not the player he used to be but if you let him play FS and ball hog, then it would certainly give us a huge lift on defense.

Not sure of the contract you offer, but I wouldn't offer too much more than that. Maybe $5M for the one year.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:31 am

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:50 am

I wouldn't want him as a safety. Not sure he would be better than what we have. Woodson was a guy who could translate his game into that position, but not sure Revis has that. Great man coverage doesn't always mean great Safety. I'm passing all around. Let him go get overpaid by another team.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
so now that his talent and career are on the downside , he wants to be a steeler ?  he's had plenty of opportunities to cut a deal with pittsburgh , but always chased the dollar.  where was his dream then ?

If he wants to come in as a situational CB / S, play some ST, and get a vet. minimum, sure.

If not, then pass.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Exactly...Nobody's thinking about Revis....but Revis
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:10 am

Yeah Revis isn't coming to the Burgh. He burnt his bridges with those legal issues and his play was already on the decline.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:11 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
offer him a 1 year 2 million dollar deal (The Jets owe him 6mil. We could probably get him for league minimum 1mil. I think that would be worth the experiment) and watch how quick his dream of playing for his home town team disappears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'   

Back to top Go down

Revis says joining Steelers would be 'a dream come true'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: