HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:34 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 pm

Interesting pick. I didn't see them going WR second round with other needs.

Perhaps this says more about what they think of Bryant and Coates than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Given he doesn't seem to have deep speed but has good hands and is aggressive (just going on read ups, we don't get much college football in the UK) could he be seen as part WR/Part TE/part slot ?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 pm

I was surprised by the pick, but it's already looking good. Wow, is Bryant high?

Martavis Bryant @ThaBestUNO
lol that's Sammie coates replacement not minds take it how you want to I am back.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 pm

@kan_t wrote:
The Steelers know they can't trust Bryant and Bryant shows that the Steelers are 100% correct.

This kid's attitude sucks.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:29 pm

I just created a separate thread for discussion of Bryant's tweets. Hopefully we can keep this thread focused on our newest receiver.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 pm

I've seen this guy compared to Hines in that he's an able possession receiver and willing run blocker. Maybe we went WR a little earlier than I would have liked but given our track record with WR talent, I think he could be good one plus cheering Ju-Ju!!!!!!!!!!!!! will be fun.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:48 pm

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:51 pm

not that i don't like ju ju , but when chris wormley is still on the board , and considering our lack of depth on the Dline , i think wormley would have been the better value.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:52 pm

Juju Smith-Schuster @TEAM_JUJU9
Man I'm Blessed!!!!!!

PITTSBURGH WHAT'S UPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! So proud to be a Steeler!!!!!

I'm Blessed...All The Glory Goes To God!
Can't Wait To Get Out There With #SteelersNation & Start Working!

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:58 pm

@Geordie wrote:
Given he doesn't seem to have deep speed but has good hands and is aggressive (just going on read ups, we don't get much college football in the UK) could he be seen as part WR/Part TE/part slot ?
no he's just the reliable ,go to ,chain moving kind of receiver who doesn't mind going over the middle for the tough yards. sort of like hines ward was. when you desperately need a 1st down on 3rd and 5 , he's the guy you look for.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:59 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Geordie wrote:
no he's just the reliable ,go to ,chain moving kind of receiver who doesn't mind going over the middle for the tough yards. sort of like hines ward was. when you desperately need a 1st down on 3rd and 5 , he's the guy you look for.
Which helps our defense. Everything is connected in some way on a team.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:59 am

When the pick came up I was thinking Schuster or Jordan Lewis CB. This pick makes sense, because I don't think they feel like trusting Bryant and don't want to go into another playoffs with Eli Rogers and Demarcus Ayers as the options opposite AB.

Great pick! Got Ben a tough receiver with good hands that will go get the football!!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 am

At first I scratched my head because honestly I didn't know much about this kid but watching his tape I'm excited to see what he can do. Definitely reminds me of Hines Ward the way that he plays the game. Here's some highlight reel film for anyone interested:

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:15 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
At first I scratched my head because honestly I didn't know much about this kid but watching his tape I'm excited to see what he can do. Definitely reminds me of Hines Ward the way that he plays the game.

Yeah, I thought he was worth the 2nd and happy they picked him up. Thought they might get your boy King in the 3rd, but he is free falling.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:20 am

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
At first I scratched my head because honestly I didn't know much about this kid but watching his tape I'm excited to see what he can do. Definitely reminds me of Hines Ward the way that he plays the game.

Yeah, I thought he was worth the 2nd and happy they picked him up.  Thought they might get your boy King in the 3rd, but he is free falling.

King is getting straight disrespected. I'm not very happy about it. I've watched him play for years, the kid can play and should've been drafted over some of these other guys that are already off the board. Of course that's my unprofessional, armchair scouting opinion though.

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:33 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Yeah, I thought he was worth the 2nd and happy they picked him up.  Thought they might get your boy King in the 3rd, but he is free falling.

King is getting straight disrespected. I'm not very happy about it. I've watched him play for years, the kid can play and should've been drafted over some of these other guys that are already off the board. Of course that's my unprofessional, armchair scouting opinion though.

I said it last year before he decided to stay and again this year that he looked a bit thicker and stock, and seemed to lack explosiveness, so would probably be better transferring to a Safety position. I think that is what is happening because of his workouts show his lack of long speed and he is sliding to the 4th.

Vertical is an indication of quickness and explosiveness and while 34" is good, TJ Watt outjumped King with his 37". Good football player, but doesn't have the length or speed to play the outside. Slot CB or Safety on day 3 is where he is headed but I hoped we used our compensatory pick on him in the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:53 am

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I said it last year before he decided to stay and again this year that he looked a bit thicker and stock, and seemed to lack explosiveness, so would probably be better transferring to a Safety position.  I think that is what is happening because of his workouts show his lack of long speed and he is sliding to the 4th.  

Vertical is an indication of quickness and explosiveness and while 34" is good, TJ Watt outjumped King with his 37".  Good football player, but doesn't have the length or speed to play the outside.  Slot CB or Safety on day 3 is where he is headed but I hoped we used our compensatory pick on him in the 3rd.

Yeah he's definitely not an outside corner in the NFL, I kind of figured he be okay as a nickel corner/safety. He's got that versatility.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:54 am

@Geordie wrote:

like Hines Ward possession WR who can block in the running game but bigger could be some help as a redzone WR big and strong to out fight CB for the ball.

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:58 am

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
I've seen this guy compared to Hines in that he's an able possession receiver and willing run blocker.  Maybe we went WR a little earlier than I would have liked but given our track record with WR talent, I think he could be good one plus cheering Ju-Ju!!!!!!!!!!!!! will be fun.

was thinking the some thing a bigger and stronger Hines Ward plus a redzone target.

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:08 am

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
When the pick came up I was thinking Schuster or Jordan Lewis CB.  This pick makes sense, because I don't think they feel like trusting Bryant and don't want to go into another playoffs with Eli Rogers and Demarcus Ayers as the options opposite AB.

Great pick!  Got Ben a tough receiver with good hands that will go get the football!!

Man if Bryant stays off the weed the Steelers can have AB and Bryant stretching the defense with James and Ju Ju finding the hole underneath and Bell out of the backfield.

this could be a dangerous.

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:41 am

Apparently this DB was trash talking Smith-Schuster all game long, so he did this to him. Hines Ward physicality, but with a little more swagger? I love it.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:21 am

Followed SC last season, Smith-Schuster is the real deal. Great pickup. This guy is going to help our red-zone efficiency also.

Just maybe the steelers got a little nudge from Swanny on this one

Last edited by Steeler-in-west on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:29 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
At first I scratched my head because honestly I didn't know much about this kid but watching his tape I'm excited to see what he can do. Definitely reminds me of Hines Ward the way that he plays the game. Here's some highlight reel film for anyone interested:

Yup, great film, shows Smith-Schusters great catching ability and toughness. Steelers (and Ben) really had to be frustrated with the lack of a dependable no 2 receiver last season. Definitely hurt the offense and reared its ugly head big time in the AFCCG. They did not want to get caught in that situation again this next season.

Darnold is not doing a bad job getting Smith-Schuster the ball either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster   

Back to top Go down

Round 2, pick 62: Steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: