HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Um. Did something happen to Greg Warren?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:39 pm

Yes, he is 35 years old and makes $1million a year to snap the football. A 6th round pick will cost less going forward and Warren isn't getting any younger.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 pm

I thought it was an odd move too. Someone we could have gotten in UDFA possibly. It's not an as big a head scratcher as TB going with a kicker in Rd-2 last year though.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:11 pm

He ran a 5.19 at the combine and had a 28" vertical at the combine. That just blows away all the other long snappers. Wait until I find some video on him snapping the football.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/colin-holba?id=2558180

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:16 pm

OMG, I was joking but here is video of Lance Zeirline and Bucky Brooks with some film on the 6th round long snapper. Awesome!!

At least he will make the team unlike the OLB from Washington last year.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:10 am

I don't know what's worse ... the fact that gonzo searched for and found a video on a long snapper or the fact that I wached it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:02 am

BOOM!!!!! SUPERBOWL.
Back to top Go down
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 am

sounds like the kind of pick you make because GB just took the guy you wanted...again.

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 am

Warren has had a good run, but it might be time to look at another guy. Given they spent a draft pick on a long snapper, this guy must be very, very good. A 6th rounder for a long snapper is like a first rounder for any other position. We've been extremely fortunate for the past 13 years to not witness our punters run backwards to get a ball that sailed 10 yards over their heads or watch the ball roll back to the holders for P.A.T.s and FGs. Warren had been awesome at this position, but if this kid takes his job, we'll continue to forget all about him for another 13 years.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:51 am

Per Jim Wexell, there is concerns over Warren's durability. He'll be 36, with two torn ACL's.

And if anyone is thinking "this guy could've been signed as a UDFA" Very unlikely. Many graded him as a 6th round pick, and clearly the team didn't think he'd be there in round 7.

Doesn't really mean anything but the Pats* used a 5th rounder on their long snapper.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:36 pm

@BlackAndGold wrote:
Per Jim Wexell, there is concerns over Warren's durability. He'll be 36, with two torn ACL's.  

And if anyone is thinking "this guy could've been signed as a UDFA" Very unlikely. Many graded him as a 6th round pick, and clearly the team didn't think he'd be there in round 7.

Doesn't really mean anything but the Pats** used a 5th rounder on their long snapper.
Fair enough. Can't really bitch too much about it considering what you said about the Pats*.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
I don't know what's worse ... the fact that gonzo searched for and found a video on a long snapper or the fact that I wached it.

I think its amazing that Lance Zeirline wrote up a draft report on a long snapper. The other guy he mentioned is Bradley Northnagle from Cal. Kid ran a 5.30 and only jumped 25.5", so we definitely got the better pick.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Mon May 01, 2017 12:47 am

@BlackAndGold wrote:

Doesn't really mean anything but the Pats*** used a 5th rounder on their long snapper.

James C Wexell‏ @jimwexell  Apr 29

Here's the thing: had to expect any team needing a LS would wait till 7th rd. Steelers picking 30th in 7th. Had to jump 'em.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Mon May 01, 2017 12:50 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
Warren has had a good run, but it might be time to look at another guy. Given they spent a draft pick on a long snapper, this guy must be very, very good. A 6th rounder for a long snapper is like a first rounder for any other position. We've been extremely fortunate for the past 13 years to not witness our punters run backwards to get a ball that sailed 10 yards over their heads or watch the ball roll back to the holders for P.A.T.s and FGs. Warren had been awesome at this position, but if this kid takes his job, we'll continue to forget all about him for another 13 years.

There's got to be at least one or two bad snaps on a punt and/or a field goal every week in the NFL. Surprised at the sports analysts criticizing this 6th round pick as much as they are. LS is underrated.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Mon May 01, 2017 8:46 am

Warren has been great for us, and the fact he's been in the league so long, I don't mind this pick. Worse case scenario, he's a Special Teams player for a year or two. But if Warren does go down, at least it won't be Silverback long snapping.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Mon May 01, 2017 9:50 am

In the rounds that brought us Tom Brady, AB, and Terrell Davis...here comes Colin Holba!!!

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   Tue May 02, 2017 7:42 am

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:

There's got to be at least one or two bad snaps on a punt and/or a field goal every week in the NFL. Surprised at the sports analysts criticizing this 6th round pick as much as they are. LS is underrated.

Couldn't agree more. Younger, cheaper than Warren, and could take care of long snapping duties for the foreseeable future. Nothing wrong with that.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville   

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Long Snapper Colin Holba from Louisville
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: