HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 The Browns Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2068
Likes : 509
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 am

^ Good summary.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17531
Likes : 1467
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 am

@jak341 wrote:
^ Good summary.



The most important thing I took away from the episode is this (paraphrasing heavily for dramatic effect) ...

Assistant coaches: We need to do things differently. Maybe we should do things the way good teams do things.

Hue Jackson: This is my team, not yours. And we're going to continue doing things MY way, the way that earned us a 1-31 record.

Todd Haley (muttering under his breath): That seat you keep talking about is going to be mine before the end of the season.

Jackson: Anyone got anything else to add? Let it all out now. I'll pretend to care what you say, and then continue to do things my way.

Haley: Nope. Everything is great, coach. You're doing a fantastic job. Super Bowl, baby. (Muttering under his breath again) This is all Keith Butler's fault.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 651
Likes : 163
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Quote :
Hue Jackson: This is my team, not yours. And we're going to continue doing things MY way, the way that earned us a 1-31 record.

Of course, stick with what got you there

By my figuring Hue would need to go 10-6 the next 8 seasons to get his Browns record to 2 games over .500. I know there's a lot of Browns hype going but I just have this hunch they don't do that

_________________
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3182
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:41 am

In all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers on there, a behind the scenes look would be absolutely awesome from a fan's perspective, but I don't want that distraction for the team. We've seen what distractions do for this football team.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17531
Likes : 1467
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:38 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
In all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers on there, a behind the scenes look would be absolutely awesome from a fan's perspective, but I don't want that distraction for the team. We've seen what distractions do for this football team.

This is the first season I've watched it, and it's not what I was expecting. So far, everything has been handled respectfully, and they haven't showed anyone in a bad light to create a better show. Other than Corey Coleman, everyone has come off looking good. Hell, they're even making Haley look like the voice of reason. That's a twist I didn't see coming.

I would have been a hard no on the Steelers being on the show, but now I kind of want it to happen.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 799
Likes : 152
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:11 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
In all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers on there, a behind the scenes look would be absolutely awesome from a fan's perspective, but I don't want that distraction for the team. We've seen what distractions do for this football team.

This is the first season I've watched it, and it's not what I was expecting. So far, everything has been handled respectfully, and they haven't showed anyone in a bad light to create a better show. Other than Corey Coleman, everyone has come off looking good. Hell, they're even making Haley look like the voice of reason. That's a twist I didn't see coming.

I would have been a hard no on the Steelers being on the show, but now I kind of want it to happen.

Steelers will find a distraction anyway So I don't mind them doing a show next year.

Mayfield is looking good so far, much better than I thought. I'm starting to see why the Patriots* wanted to trade up to #2 if the Browns would have taken another QB at 1.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17531
Likes : 1467
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:58 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
In all honesty I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers on there, a behind the scenes look would be absolutely awesome from a fan's perspective, but I don't want that distraction for the team. We've seen what distractions do for this football team.

This is the first season I've watched it, and it's not what I was expecting. So far, everything has been handled respectfully, and they haven't showed anyone in a bad light to create a better show. Other than Corey Coleman, everyone has come off looking good. Hell, they're even making Haley look like the voice of reason. That's a twist I didn't see coming.

I would have been a hard no on the Steelers being on the show, but now I kind of want it to happen.

Steelers will find a distraction anyway So I don't mind them doing a show next year.

Mayfield is looking good so far, much better than I thought. I'm starting to see why the Patriots** wanted to trade up to #2 if the Browns would have taken another QB at 1.

Yeah, Mayfield is coming off much more likeable than I was expecting.

I mentioned Coleman, but I forgot to include Gregg Williams in my last post. The show isn't portraying him in a good light, but you can't camouflage crazy.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3182
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:10 am

Yeah I'd definitely love to see a behind the scenes of what goes on in the lockerroom, how everything kind of operates, how the coaches do their jobs, and things like that.

Anyone else watch Last Chance U? I'm a pretty big fan of that show. The kids on there can be absolute idiots but I root for the guys that do seriously want to better themselves. In Season 3 they are following Independence Community College in Independence, Kansas. I highly recommend it. They played my Alma Mater (Ellsworth Community College) and that game is shown in Episode 4 if I remember correctly. It was funny watching them talk shit about how Ellsworth wasn't that good, and the Ellsworth took them to OT and nearly beat them on their turf. Good show, don't know what to make of Coach Brown though, kind of seems like a bit of a thug mentality to me, I mean I get being tough on guys, but he acts like these guys straight out of the hood and I don't think that kind of coaching helps these guys to become better people. It's an interesting season to say the least.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3283
Likes : 575
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:21 am

I recorded the Browns/Eagles game last night. I only had to watch 10 seconds into the 2nd quarter to know the final score. WOW I'd be excited about our D if I were a Browns fan. THEY SHUT OUT THE SB CHAMPS.
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2068
Likes : 509
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:33 pm

Mychal Kendricks has been charged with insider trading. These charges are Federal "pound me in the ass" felony charges. NBC is speculating his NFL career is over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/29/mychal-kendricks-nfl-career-could-be-over/
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3182
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:53 am

@jak341 wrote:
Mychal Kendricks has been charged with insider trading. These charges are Federal "pound me in the ass" felony charges. NBC is speculating his NFL career is over.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/29/mychal-kendricks-nfl-career-could-be-over/

Guess it's a good thing we didn't go after Kendricks after all. Stupid. Way to waste your career.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2068
Likes : 509
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:45 pm

Just read on Yahoo Mychal Kendricks has been cut by the Browns.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11274
Likes : 771
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:08 am

So here's been my nightmare since last week.

Those Bud Light refrigerators in Cleveland open up on Sunday, September 9.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3329
Likes : 547
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:56 am

so Steelers fans how do you like me now? asks the Browns.

_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11274
Likes : 771
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:31 am

@effyou515 wrote:
so Steelers fans how do you like me now? asks the Browns.

I'd still have to point out the fact they had a +5 turnover ratio and still couldn't pull out a W. Instead, when it mattered, they allowed a FG to be blocked. This game was gift wrapped for them and they still didn't want it.

F'em

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2068
Likes : 509
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Browns done with Josh Gordon.

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-drop-bombshell-cut-receiver-josh-gordon-233227829.html
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 717
Likes : 542
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:42 pm

After today, they are probably done with their kicker too.

_________________
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2068
Likes : 509
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Josh Gordon reportedly signing with the Patriots**. Stay tuned...

Edit: confirmed.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11274
Likes : 771
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:07 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000963530/article/browns-trade-josh-gordon-to-Patriots*-for-fifthrounder

Of all the teams, why would you trade with the cheaters? Are you telling me you couldn't get something equivalent to this from another team?

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3182
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:52 am

And the Brownies win their first game of the season before us, leaving us in last place in the AFC North.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call for the entire Steelers organization.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 717
Likes : 542
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:40 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
And the Brownies win their first game of the season before us, leaving us in last place in the AFC North.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call for the entire Steelers organization.

It's time to unleash hell in September!

_________________
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11274
Likes : 771
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:10 am

The offense after Baker came in was a completely different unit.
They had confidence, they had passion, and they were making plays

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3329
Likes : 547
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:19 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
And the Brownies win their first game of the season before us, leaving us in last place in the AFC North.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call for the entire Steelers organization.

i piece of Humble Pie anyone?

_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 799
Likes : 152
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:45 pm

The rest of the AFC North is lucky that the Brown have Hue Jackson as coach, otherwise they would have been 3-0 right now.
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2068
Likes : 509
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:36 pm

The days of gpodawund may be coming to an end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Browns Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Browns Thread
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: