HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stryker

PostSubject: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:38 pm

I know a lot of fans were upset about the Bell pick originally and folks wanted Lacy, but man can you imagine if we had done that? Would have been a bigger bust than Jarvis Jones IMO.

This guy has incentives to now lose a few extra pounds by weigh in:
Eddie Lacy must be down to 250 pounds by Monday for $55,000 bonus
http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/25828/eddie-lacy-has-to-be-down-to-250-pounds-by-monday-for-55000-bonus

We dodged a yuuuuuge bullet friends.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:50 pm

I had a huge man crush on bell that draft....and also really liked knile Davis as well

so I'm pretty happy with our backfield right now

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:05 am

So far so good on the backfield!

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:44 am

I have to admit I thought Lacey was the man for us. Glad we didn't get him.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:07 am

Watched both in college Lacy had the better o-line liked the Bell pick but never thought Bell would turn out to be the RB he is today as a Steeler.

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:11 am

Should have drafted CJ Mosely instead of Shazier too.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Should have drafted CJ Mosely instead of Shazier too.  
oh you mean that guy who won defensive rookie of the year and has been selected for 2 probowls ? i actually wanted mosley but didn't feel to slighted by picking shazier. i believe shazier is the better athlete , but mosley beats him in football IQ and instincts.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:57 am

I think it's ridiculous that the guy needs financial incentives to lose weight. You're a professional athlete, a running back, get your head in the game. Glad we have Bell, much better athlete, and better work ethic.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:53 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think it's ridiculous that the guy needs financial incentives to lose weight. You're a professional athlete, a running back, get your head in the game. Glad we have Bell, much better athlete, and better work ethic.

Yeah I agree. Hey Eddie here's your incentive. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
Back to top Go down
muncher
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:48 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

much better player than lacy when not injured or suspended for dope, which is often
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:49 am

muncher wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

much better player than lacy when not injured or suspended for dope, which is often

Too often, but Lacy has had his fair share of injury issues as well and still manages to be only average to above average at best when he does see the field, and he can't stay in shape on top of that. We definitely made the right decision choosing Bell over Lacy.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.   

Back to top Go down

Can we be thankful for the FO that didn't select Eddie Lacy in the draft.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: