HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Unsettled contract situation no bother to Alejandro Villanueva

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Unsettled contract situation no bother to Alejandro Villanueva   Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:01 pm

PITTSBURGH — Le’Veon Bell and Alejandro Villanueva are both key members of the Pittsburgh Steelers offense. Both are also without contracts.

However, the two have taken divergent paths in handling their situations.

Bell has not signed his $12.12-million franchise tag tender, and the Pro Bowl running back silently protested the Steelers slapping it on him by not attending minicamp.

Villanueva has also yet to sign his $615,000 tender. However, the left tackle participated in minicamp as well as all the OTAs.

Of course, considering Villanueva’s background, that isn’t surprising.

Read more: https://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/steelers/unsettled-contract-situation-no-bother-alejandro-villanueva/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Unsettled contract situation no bother to Alejandro Villanueva   Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:51 pm

The AV situation is tough, because they have already paid the other 4 starters on the O line a decent contract amount and its tough to be able to pay everybody and still have room for other stars like Bell, Brown, Ben, Tuitt, Shazier, etc.

Something like a 4 year $24million deal could be on the table, but it means they have to likely look to save $$ in 2018 by possibly letting Foster go and try to restructure Gilbert. They like Jerald Hawkins and he plays cheap for a few more seasons.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Unsettled contract situation no bother to Alejandro Villanueva   Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:58 pm

I hope they get it done. He is not probowl caliber but he is improving and has the work ethic to get even better.Plus you can't question either his character or heart.
Back to top Go down
bayz101

PostSubject: Re: Unsettled contract situation no bother to Alejandro Villanueva   Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:36 am

I hope something gets done..I was not at all expecting him to develop into what he has. I don't think anyone was expecting this from him when he was thrown into the fire to fill in.

PostSubject: Re: Unsettled contract situation no bother to Alejandro Villanueva   Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:35 pm

I believe something will get done, not expecting a long term contract(ex: 4+ years) but they'll take care of Big Al.

They love Hawkins potential though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsettled contract situation no bother to Alejandro Villanueva   

Back to top Go down

Unsettled contract situation no bother to Alejandro Villanueva
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: