HomeSteelers In Market For Another CB?  Home10FAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers In Market For Another CB?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers In Market For Another CB?  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 11:10 am

Take it for what it's worth. It's would be a bold move but he is expensive and the amount we would have to give up would be enormous.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-among-teams-sniffing-around-possible-trade-for-rams-trumaine-johnson/
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Joe Haden just became available. Steelers may have to bite the bullet and get a legit corner if they have any shot at beating the Patriots* this year.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am

I've talked to a few browns fans and they're not sold on Haden and wouldn't mind seeing him go away. Well they got their wish, not it's a question of whether or not a change of scenery would do Haden well.

I'm sure he'd love to come to Pittsburgh and be the game changer he never was in Cleveland.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers In Market For Another CB?  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 1:18 pm

I would kick the tires on him.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 7:37 am

Do the Steelers still look to make a trade with the Rams? If so, then at what expense to this year?

With Haden, maybe a trade is no longer worth it, but anything to shore up the secondary. Just not at the expense of making another hole in the defense.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers In Market For Another CB?  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 8:36 am

If they would do another trade, my choice would be ILB and preferably an upgrade over Vince Williams. We're weak there both in quality and depth.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 8:23 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
If they would do another trade, my choice would be ILB and preferably an upgrade over Vince Williams. We're weak there both in quality and depth.

Vince Williams is fine, we need someone to better complement him. We have been seriously lacking in that department since Shazier's injury.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 4:14 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

Vince Williams is fine, we need someone to better complement him. We have been seriously lacking in that department since Shazier's injury.

You know you were responding to a post that's more than a year old, right? Steelers In Market For Another CB?  1797695198

I still think that VW should be replaced as a starter or at least be the "worst" starter on our D. I believe that the last couple of years we (the fans, myself included) have lowered the bar for how a good defense unit looks like and what level players have to reach to become a starter. When I see other defenses play right now (Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Eagles, Jets,...) I noticed that we have a group of players that wouldn't have a chance to make the starting team on those squads. Only Watt, Heyward and Haden are good enough as a starter. Players like Tuitt, Burnett, VW are mediocre and others like Bostic, Burns, Dupree, Davis and Hargrave are just bad. They're not worthy to be a starter in today's NFL. And for me it's not the coaching who's to blame, it's all about the talent of these players. They are just all limited in what they can do. Tuitt being the only exception in this list as maybe he is still recovering from his injury from last year. So they need to do a better job in the draft, way too many picks in the first 2 rounds since 2010 that just aren't starting material. Worilds in 2010, Jones in 2013, Dupree and Golsen in 2015, Burns and Davis in 2016 and maybe Tuitt in 2014 as well. And I fear we can add Edmunds to that list as well in the future as I see a lot of flaws in his game. Only Heyward in 2011, Shazier in 2014 and Watt in 2017 were good picks. That's 3 out of 9, Tuitt and Edmunds not included. Looking at that rate it's easy to figure out what has cost us a chance at the SB the last couple of years and what is hurting us this year. We need a makeover on defense and we need it fast to stay relevant imo.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 2:14 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

You know you were responding to a post that's more than a year old, right? Steelers In Market For Another CB?  1797695198

I still think that VW should be replaced as a starter or at least be the "worst" starter on our D. I believe that the last couple of years we (the fans, myself included) have lowered the bar for how a good defense unit looks like and what level players have to reach to become a starter. When I see other defenses play right now (Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Eagles, Jets,...) I noticed that we have a group of players that wouldn't have a chance to make the starting team on those squads. Only Watt, Heyward and Haden are good enough as a starter. Players like Tuitt, Burnett, VW are mediocre and others like Bostic, Burns, Dupree, Davis and Hargrave are just bad. They're not worthy to be a starter in today's NFL. And for me it's not the coaching who's to blame, it's all about the talent of these players. They are just all limited in what they can do. Tuitt being the only exception in this list as maybe he is still recovering from his injury from last year.  So they need to do a better job in the draft, way too many picks in the first 2 rounds since 2010 that just aren't starting material. Worilds in 2010, Jones in 2013, Dupree and Golsen in 2015, Burns and Davis in 2016 and maybe Tuitt in 2014 as well. And I fear we can add Edmunds to that list as well in the future as I see a lot of flaws in his game. Only Heyward in 2011, Shazier in 2014 and Watt in 2017 were good picks. That's 3 out of 9, Tuitt and Edmunds not included. Looking at that rate it's easy to figure out what has cost us a chance at the SB the last couple of years and what is hurting us this year. We need a makeover on defense and we need it fast to stay relevant imo.

Yeah I wasn't paying too much attention when I replied, I noticed afterwards that this thread was pretty old! Steelers In Market For Another CB?  1505004552

I like VW, he plays his ass off. He was at his best when Shazier was on the field because they complemented each other so well. With Bostic on the field it's kind of like we've got two guys whose game is very similar. With Shazzy you had a guy that could cover, and run sideline to sideline. VW was the physical backer, and the guy that can get to the QB. It was a nice complementary pairing.

Wish Shazzy had never gotten hurt...

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers In Market For Another CB?    Steelers In Market For Another CB?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers In Market For Another CB?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: