HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:08 pm

The real Landry Jones shows back up again...

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:28 pm

well at least it's only pre-season. Hopefully the first string offense will get their act together and the first string defense will learn coverage and tackling.

Watching Cleveland play the Bucs tonight, they looked better than they have in years. It won't be a cake walk like years past.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:32 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
well at least it's only pre-season.  Hopefully the first string offense will get their act together and the first string defense will learn coverage and tackling.

Watching Cleveland play the Bucs tonight, they looked better than they have in years.  It won't be a cake walk like years past.

Cleveland though, they are tryhards in the preseason. It always seems the best teams kind of muddle their way through the preseason, while the worst often win most of their preseason games.

I can't wait for the regular season to start.

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:34 am

(the not so good) The poor tackling on D early in the game concerns me even if it is only preseason. Ben looked like he didn't know the offense.The O-line looked out of sync. With all the talent he has around him Ben should have looked better. Cockrell had another bad game. Landry Jones struggled early on. Once again we let 2nd/3rd string QBs pick us apart and backup RBs run all over us.

(the good) Jones settled down and made some nice plays. He was doing a good job stepping up in the pocket to buy time. It was good to see Sutton in there. He looks like he has a nose for the ball and was in on a few tackles. Connor can run on backups. Good practice for the real deal. That TD to Grimble was mighty fine. Good catch,nice throw.

(the ugly) I saw what looked to me like a hit on a defenseless receiver,2 PI (one in the endzone) that were not called. In both PI non calls the Ref had a clear view of the infraction yet didn't throw the flag. I thought the call on Cockrell for PI paled in comparison to the 2 we should have gotten. Ju Ju's twisted knee looked worse than it was I guess but that was kind of scary.

I'm not even sure how to take this game: Did Haley and Butler tell these guys to just go out and get some exercise?? It didn't look to me like they had much of a game plan. Hopefully it's all part of not showing our hand. Last night looked a little like a JACK high bluff.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:25 pm

Just watching the recorded game now and I don't understand why none of you are not mentioning the missed block by Villanueva on the sack/fumble on the opening drive?

Why all the other bitching and moaning, but a guy that just got a hefty payday misses a block on the opening drive gets a pass? I read complaining about Gilbert on this board for seasons for his play, but I haven't seen a whiff that bad in a long time. SMH
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:32 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Smith-Schuster injured yet again.

Seriously...

Dude is like the offensive version of Senquez Golson.

How do you feel since he came back from what looked like it could have been a awkward knee injury and made a few nice catches?

Should we just label him a bust and cut him now??
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:37 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Just watching the recorded game now and I don't understand why none of you are not mentioning the missed block by Villanueva on the sack/fumble on the opening drive?

Why all the other bitching and moaning, but a guy that just got a hefty payday misses a block on the opening drive gets a pass?  I read complaining about Gilbert on this board for seasons for his play, but I haven't seen a whiff that bad in a long time.  SMH

You're right. He missed that block big time. My bitch would be with DeCastro called for holding about once or twice a game.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Sutton looked really promising, and I believe Watson deserves a chance to prove himself.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Steelers have one issue in the NFL. The Patriots*. If they want to win the Super Bowl, they have to figure out a way to put pressure on Brady for 60 minutes. If not, they can win the division, beat anyone else in their path, but they need to take out the Patriots* to win it all.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:01 pm

@OX1947 wrote:
Steelers have one issue in the NFL. The Patriots**. If they want to win the Super Bowl, they have to figure out a way to put pressure on Brady for 60 minutes. If not, they can win the division, beat anyone else in their path, but they need to take out the Patriots** to win it all.
they could have peazy go all tonya harding on brady's kneecap ...
...but then garapolo would probably throw for 500 yards and 8 TD's against them ...
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Three preseason games down, one more to go.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:49 am

@JPPT1974 wrote:
Three preseason games down, one more to go.

Let's escape with zero injuries.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:42 pm

So I watched this game again (thanks NFL Network), and although I didn't get to see most of the first quarter, I did watch the other 3.

I really don't believe this game was as bad as I first expected. Yes there is definitely room for improvement, but what I saw made up for the errors (only because it's a pre-season game).

1. The defense was hustling to the ball (yes they had some missed tackles)
2. The secondary needs to do a better job of tackling but unlike in years past at least the guys were in the picture frame when the WR caught the ball.
3. We've got a pretty good WR corp (although they definitely need to learn route running - this was part of the problem on Jones' INT)
4. Getting Bell back will make this offense more potent
6. Jesse James needs to work on blocking and then he won't have to worry about the Steelers bringing in more TEs in the off-season (I think he's definitely improved on catching)

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:15 am

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Smith-Schuster injured yet again.

Seriously...

Dude is like the offensive version of Senquez Golson.

How do you feel since he came back from what looked like it could have been a awkward knee injury and made a few nice catches?

Should we just label him a bust and cut him now??

Hell and no! I like JuJu, I loved when they drafted him, especially after I watched some of his college tape. I guess you could say Golson has left a bad taste in my mouth, since he's constantly injured, and we had high hopes for him to help fix our secondary issues since he was drafted. So I was hating the fact that JuJu keeps getting hurt seemingly every time he sees the field whether it's in practice, or when he makes it out for some actual playing time.

Absolutely loved it when he came back! I am hoping he develops into a great receiver for us, and I think we could use a guy with his hands in the redzone. No way I'd label him a bust, not in his first season. He's a rook, and injuries happen.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)   

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Colts (preseason game 3)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: