HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:31 pm

@vasteeler wrote:
No way this is a loss.  35-14 us

I will NEVER utter those words again

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:34 pm

On to Baltimore!
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Defense Blew it in the end......but the bigger play that no one will talk about is Bens missed pass to Bell after the int......that would have easily gotten them inside the bears 10 if not scored

Ben is being paid like an elite Qb.....and that's a throw an elite qb should make.

He followed it up with another nothing-burger of a 3rd down conversion in the following series

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Tomlin's post-game comment on staying in the locker room during the anthem and not making a political statement: "We chose not to play ball."

He could have given the same answer when asked about the game.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:41 pm

After Ben retires this year. Look forward to a world of hurt....This team has zero prep, zero heart and zero ability to be great week in and week out. Execpt for AB and Maybe Shazier.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:47 pm

after watching this game and the Bears vs Falcons game the Steelers offense isn't close to being as good as the Falcons offense.

I'm on board now that Haley needs to go he did his job straighting out the offense where Ben not getting sacked like before he became the OC.

Butler calling all those inside blitzes in the 1st half killed the Steelers run defense.

maybe Butler needs to go also he called a shitty defensive game plan today.

the Steelers have the talent imo the coaching staff let the players down today.

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Well that was ugly! It's like they bought into the idea that with Bell and Bryant all season we'd just need to show up and other teams would just kneel down before us. Poor play calling, poor play execution and tackling that wouldn't have stopped my 13yr old daughter.

Not an excuse but I still think the overtime rules are crap, giving a massive advantage to the team that wins the toss. Not that we deserved anything from today anyway.

Been sat in front of sport since 4pm UK watchig my teams play massively below themselves and getting deservedly beaten. Thank f**k for alcohol.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:08 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Tomlin's post-game comment on staying in the locker room during the anthem and not making a political statement: "We chose not to play ball."And his players took it to heart!

I have been a diehard fan of this team for the better part of 40 years and never had to say I'm ashamed until today.
Tomlin took the "We don't have a dog in that fight" stance. What a coward and a real backhand to AV.
This guy is a WAR VETERAN and you denied him something he fought and risked his fucking life for. I would not blame him if he asked to be traded.
Say what you want about the way we played down once again. IT'S THE COACHES JOB TO KILL THIS MENTALITY OR HE IS NOT DOING HIS FUCKING JOB.
Right now I don't care if this team wins another game.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 pm

@solardave wrote:
I have been a diehard fan of this team for the better part of 40 years and never had to say I'm ashamed until today.

I can recall more humiliating defeats, but I get your point. Watching this game reminded me of the mediocre 80s teams. The difference is that this team has a lot more talent. A mediocre game now and then is to be expected, but this is the third straight mediocre performance. And that's being kind to call today's performance mediocre.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:33 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
Tomlin's post-game comment on staying in the locker room during the anthem and not making a political statement: "We chose not to play ball."And his players took it to heart!

Tomlin took the "We don't have a dog in that fight" stance. What a coward and a real backhand to AV.
This guy is a WAR VETERAN and you denied him something he fought and risked his fucking life for. I would not blame him if he asked to be traded.
Say what you want about the way we played down once again. IT'S THE COACHES JOB TO KILL THIS MENTALITY OR HE IS NOT DOING HIS FUCKING JOB.

I disagree about the "protest". It doesn't matter about being a war veteran etc right now when you look at Trump's very recent tweets and he's using patriotism as his own personal support.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:58 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

I know what you are saying but I think this was the best way handle it with the freedom to let the Vet. AV come out to stand for the National Anthem.

i'm with you on the coaches this offseason there needs to be a lot of soul searching from the front office in the coaches they have employed and what coaching talent that is available. one thing I see the Steelers offense has way to much talent to be stuck in second gear there was only one good offensive drive for the Steelers offense against the Bears defense today.

Butler fucked up with all those inside blitzes that the Bears just ran around but this offense talent should be putting up quick or long scoring drives. 3 games 3 teams played much the same defense and slowed it down stop the run and the deep pass and you have a chance beating the Steelers.

will be interesting now that Art II has control what he'll do this offseason.

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:59 pm

I don't give a rat's ass about the politics. These guys are giving that idiot Trump the attention he craves. They should've went out business as usual instead of creating a distraction, and it WAS a distraction. Villanueva standing out there by himself looked awful. I get trying to be neutral, but it didn't look that way at all.

This was a pathetic, gutless showing. We literally got beat by two running backs. Glennon didn't do shit. We knew they were going to run the ball, knew they were one-dimensional and they still smacked our defense in the mouth and ran it down their throats. No excuses. People complaining about holding in OT, yeah, but it wasn't like our Charmin Ultra Soft defense was stopping Howard/Cohen anyway. Tackling is piss poor, taking poor angles, trying to reach and arm tackle... Our defense was hot garbage, and lost to a mediocre Bears team quarterbacked by a mediocre backup QB.

The offense was a dumpster fire. Not really surprising at this point. They haven't done anything particularly well this season. Ben truthfully looks washed up. Throws are inaccurate, making stupid reckless decisions. Tossing deep balls into double coverage, trying to fit the ball into unrealistically tight windows. The receivers other than Brown aren't svaring anyone. Bryant doesn't fight for the ball, and when the ball is there for him he drops it. Looks like Limas Sweed out there for all his big talk in the offseason. Bell isn't playimg very well, but the o-line has been flat out abysmal in their run blocking. Bell has no holes to run through and it's making our offense one dimensional.

All I know is I'm fucking sick of this team playing like dog shit against crap opponents. This has been going on for years now. This team isn't going to win another championship until they start playing every game like it's a super bowl. That's the difference between us and a team like the Patriots*. They never take their foot off the gas. We plainly don't take "lesser" competition seriously and that's why we come up short.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:03 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
They should've went out business as usual instead of creating a distraction, and it WAS a distraction. Villanueva standing out there by himself looked awful. I get trying to be neutral, but it didn't look that way at all.

"Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

-Rush

Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:20 pm

I am really disappointed in the loss ans the protest. I thought the Steelers were the one team that doesn't get involved in protests and things like that. Iv'e been a fan for over 25 years and I don't know if I can jump ship like some fans are doing over this.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:21 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
They should've went out business as usual instead of creating a distraction, and it WAS a distraction. Villanueva standing out there by himself looked awful. I get trying to be neutral, but it didn't look that way at all.

-Rush
c

One of my favorite bands and quotes!
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:22 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

-Rush
c

One of my favorite bands and quotes!
As a drummer, I love it too.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:28 pm

@Steelcitian wrote:
I thought the Steelers were the one team that doesn't get involved in protests and things like that.

In Tomlin's post-game comments, he said they were there to play football, not to get involved in politics. Some players wanted to stand, and some wanted to kneel. He said they didn't want to choose sides and divide the team, so they decided not to participate at all. I get what he was saying, but I go.back to the Rush quote I posted above.

Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Was there some reason why Harrison didn't line up with Watt being injured ?
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:32 pm

I've never seen a team that was a bigger group of chronic underachievers. The only guy who comes out to play every week is AB
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:36 pm

The Ravens get their asses handed to them and we have the opportunity to take sole possession of first place in the division going into the game next week, but we fell into a typical Tomlin trap game and crapped the bed. Winning this game and beating the Ravens next week would've put us up 2 games in the divison, but Noooooooooooo.

This team made me sick today. They should've just stayed in the locker room for the whole game.

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:37 pm

The offense has sucked for 3 weeks now. They need to straighten that out quick.

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:38 pm

@Geordie wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

I disagree about the "protest". It doesn't matter about being a war veteran etc right now when you look at Trump's very recent tweets and he's using patriotism as his own personal support.

or making America look at its self a little more? why not start with the black athletic who had all advantage coming up through the hood because he could make people and himself money? then move in to a better neighborhood? but yet play the hood mentality?

Jim Brown I have a lot of respect for about race relations in America black people or white people don't like or don't agree with what he says, guess that is why he is not on CNN, FOX, or ESPN. he's not prefect like Trump is not prefect.

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:39 pm

@Geordie wrote:
Was there some reason why Harrison didn't line up with Watt being injured ?

I read somewhere earlier in the week that the defense has changed a bit, and the linebackers are being asked to do more. And at his age, Harrison can't do what they need him to do as well as the younger players can. I assume that means in coverage.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:41 pm

There's nothing hood about Kaep, that's dudes a fucking wannabe. His mom is white for God's sake lol. I'd bet money he's from a privileged background
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:04 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
There's nothing hood about Kaep, that's dudes a fucking wannabe. His mom is white for God's sake lol. I'd bet money he's from a privileged background

I might be off a bit off, well off white couples from parts of the southeast and parts of California who only adopt black athletic kids.

PostSubject: Re: Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears   

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - Steelers @ Da Bears
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: