HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11066
Likes : 748
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am

I know, I know, after yesterday's game and post-game drama, it appears this one is going to stick for a few extra days. But it doesn't have to. You can certainly make this one linger, question your loyalty to player(s), owner, coach(es), and the team in general. OR you can recognize people have bad days and some times those bad days are your worst freakin' nightmare in the living flesh.

So let's just rip the band-aid off, and get the healing done.
1. Our offense sucked arse yesterday
2. Our offense has pretty much sucked arse the first 5 games
3. Our defense has failed to tackle when we needed them most
4. This week doesn't get any easier with the high powered Kansas City Chiefs on the schedule
5. Yes, we could see another game on Sunday like we saw yesterday

With that being said, I have the following:
1. I have been a Steelers fan since I can remember and I've seen worse performances. Anyone remember when we outplayed the Houston Texans and still lost due to QB performance? Yeah, soak that one in for a moment.
2. This is one game, and it's likely we're going to have a few more, but this team has also been known to rally (Hello '05-06 season)!
3. You say this isn't the same team as in years past - and you're right, but the foundation is the same. Besides you can choose to be negative or you can choose to be positive. I choose positive!
4. Chiefs have something prove after last years playoff loss, and I say the Steelers have something to prove after yesterday's arse whoopin!
5. Look for something awesome to happen Sunday in Arrowhead! Steelers win!

It's going to be crazy insane on Sunday, and there's going to be a lot of haters - even within our own ranks - but this team seems to respond better when haters hate!

Just remember: Life isn't football and football isn't life!

Steelers win 30-27

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 2031
Likes : 1164
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:39 am

I can understand being optimistic about this game, but the Chiefs look good this year. Really good. I'll be happy if we can put up a good fight, but I'm totally not expecting us to walk out with a W.
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1768
Likes : 484
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:43 am

I'll play the realist.

Steelers 17. Chiefs 38.

That's my prediction, and I'm holding to it. I haven't seen anything to make me think the offense is going to turn the corner. If anything, the O is regressing.

The D broke yesterday, and the run defense was gouged.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2851
Likes : 522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : now in FT. Texas

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 pm

the lack of Steelers offense will wear out the Steelers defense. Steelers lose

if Ben plays doesn't play Arians offense and plays Haley offense. the Steelers win.

_________________
I'm wrong but you're not right!


Last edited by effyou515 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2297
Likes : 1124
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Ben throws 15 pick sixes, and the Chefs add three FGs.

Chefs 99
Steelers 0


_________________
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 645
Likes : 524
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:30 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Ben throws 15 pick sixes, and the Chefs add three FGs.

Chefs 99
Steelers 0


So the Chiefs miss 15 Pats* or go for 2 15 times and are unsuccessful?

_________________
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 392
Likes : 137
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:27 am

@Lokki wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Ben throws 15 pick sixes, and the Chefs add three FGs.

Chefs 99
Steelers 0


So the Chiefs miss 15 Pats*** or go for 2 15 times and are unsuccessful?  

lol that "Chefs" commercial was funny. And also lol...you can't write p-a-t around here w/o getting an asterisk, not that I'm complaining or anything, to me it seems proper etiquette. Cheers to the mods

Just when everyone is down on them, they lose 2 of 3 to the Bears and Jags, their leader wonders if he 'has it anymore', they head into one of the more hostile NFL environments against a team looking to go 6-0, after being gouged in run D, and now going against a RB in Hunt who is tearing everyone up, they end up winning the Chiefs game. I'm still licking Sunday wounds so not necessarily predicting that outcome, but it would be par for the course: lose to the bad teams and beat the good...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2604
Likes : 1137
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:03 am

I'm not getting my hopes up. I hope that this team responds to the embarrassment of losing to yet another mediocre team. I hope that they show up and put forth their best efforts because Sunday against Jacksonville wasn't Steelers football, and they owe it to the late Mr. Rooney, the fans, and the organization to play better.

That being said the Chiefs have had this game circled since last season. We whooped them last year in the regular season after that atrocious loss in Philadelphia, and we beat them in Arrowhead in the playoffs. The Chiefs are definitely like a shark smelling blood in the water after watching us get trampled by the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Chiefs are incredibly well balanced and have some deadly playmakers in Kareem Hunt, and Tyreek Hill both of which can make plays in the running game, and the passing game. We're going into a raucous Arrowhead Stadium that's going to be filled with fans angry from last season, fans who will be unrelenting, loud, and disruptive. So the Steelers had better pull their heads out of their asses because they only way they win this one is if they come out firing on all cylinders.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2679
Likes : 505
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:38 am

I said after the loss to Da Bears that I didn't know if it is Ben or Haley. Last week it looked to me like Ben was calling audibles about 75% of the time. If I';m right and I was Tomlin I'd tell him to either run Haley's plays or watch Jones play. That simple. Right now Ben is playing worse than Jones IMO.

On defense I'd let these guys know if you can't tackle I'll find someone who can and you'll sit the bench. At this point I think Wilcox is better than Mitchell and Hilton is better than Gay. It looked like all last week DuPree was invisible.

If (I should say when) we get beat in KC it just might be time for Tomlin to step up and make some changes to see who really wants to play. I understand the argument that these guys are professional and all that but I still feel that it is the coaches (all of them) to get the most out of who you start.

Tomlin,Butler,Haley,Porter,Munchak,Lake should all be held accountable when we play like we're playing. The same rule applies. Get the job done or we'll find someone else who will.

This is a business and the FANS pay you. Quit slapping them in the face with your nonsense. Disable you Twitter account and GET TO WORK!!!
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

avatar

Posts : 324
Likes : 64
Join date : 2015-04-16
Location : Pacific rim

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:15 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I know, I know, after yesterday's game and post-game drama, it appears this one is going to stick for a few extra days.  But it doesn't have to.  You can certainly make this one linger, question your loyalty to player(s), owner, coach(es), and the team in general.  OR you can recognize people have bad days and some times those bad days are your worst freakin' nightmare in the living flesh.

So let's just rip the band-aid off, and get the healing done.
1. Our offense sucked arse yesterday
2. Our offense has pretty much sucked arse the first 5 games
3. Our defense has failed to tackle when we needed them most
4. This week doesn't get any easier with the high powered Kansas City Chiefs on the schedule
5. Yes, we could see another game on Sunday like we saw yesterday

With that being said, I have the following:
1. I have been a Steelers fan since I can remember and I've seen worse performances.  Anyone remember when we outplayed the Houston Texans and still lost due to QB performance?  Yeah, soak that one in for a moment.
2. This is one game, and it's likely we're going to have a few more, but this team has also been known to rally (Hello '05-06 season)!
3. You say this isn't the same team as in years past - and you're right, but the foundation is the same.  Besides you can choose to be negative or you can choose to be positive.  I choose positive!
4. Chiefs have something prove after last years playoff loss, and I say the Steelers have something to prove after yesterday's arse whoopin!
5. Look for something awesome to happen Sunday in Arrowhead!  Steelers win!

It's going to be crazy insane on Sunday, and there's going to be a lot of haters - even within our own ranks - but this team seems to respond better when haters hate!

Just remember:  Life isn't football and football isn't life!

Steelers win 30-27

This could happen. I'll go with it too. Steelers have the talent to beat anyone if they are focused and have a good game plan. It really does feel like it's a combination of insufficient preparation by the coaches and poor decisions by Ben. BR has a lot to prove like he never has before and deebo returning will boost the defense.

Chiefs are due for a let down and our secondary will come up big as well.

This is all not to say we won't drop another game we have no business dropping later in the schedule.


Last edited by Steeler-in-west on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2851
Likes : 522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : now in FT. Texas

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 am

@solardave wrote:
I said after the loss to Da Bears that I didn't know if it is Ben or Haley. Last week it looked to me like Ben was calling audibles about 75% of the time. If I';m right and I was Tomlin I'd tell him to either run Haley's plays or watch Jones play. That simple. Right now Ben is playing worse than Jones IMO.

On defense I'd let these guys know if you can't tackle I'll find someone who can and you'll sit the bench. (At this point I think Wilcox is better than Mitchell and Hilton is better than Gay.) It looked like all last week DuPree was invisible.

If (I should say when) we get beat in KC it just might be time for Tomlin to step up and make some changes to see who really wants to play. I understand the argument that these guys are professional and all that but I still feel that it is the coaches (all of them) to get the most out of who you start.

Tomlin,Butler,Haley,Porter,Munchak,Lake should all be held accountable when we play like we're playing. The same rule applies. Get the job done or we'll find someone else who will.

This is a business and the FANS pay you. Quit slapping them in the face with your nonsense. Disable you Twitter account and GET TO WORK!!!

Wilcox and Hilton should be starting the defense looks better with those to playing.

_________________
I'm wrong but you're not right!
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2851
Likes : 522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : now in FT. Texas

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:14 am

and it looks like the o-line needs some work need to draft a RT and LG.

_________________
I'm wrong but you're not right!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 2031
Likes : 1164
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:15 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
I said after the loss to Da Bears that I didn't know if it is Ben or Haley. Last week it looked to me like Ben was calling audibles about 75% of the time. If I';m right and I was Tomlin I'd tell him to either run Haley's plays or watch Jones play. That simple. Right now Ben is playing worse than Jones IMO.

On defense I'd let these guys know if you can't tackle I'll find someone who can and you'll sit the bench. (At this point I think Wilcox is better than Mitchell and Hilton is better than Gay.) It looked like all last week DuPree was invisible.

If (I should say when) we get beat in KC it just might be time for Tomlin to step up and make some changes to see who really wants to play. I understand the argument that these guys are professional and all that but I still feel that it is the coaches (all of them) to get the most out of who you start.

Tomlin,Butler,Haley,Porter,Munchak,Lake should all be held accountable when we play like we're playing. The same rule applies. Get the job done or we'll find someone else who will.

This is a business and the FANS pay you. Quit slapping them in the face with your nonsense. Disable you Twitter account and GET TO WORK!!!

Wilcox and Hilton should be starting the defense looks better with those to playing.

Yeah it does seem like Wilcox is getting better production than Mitchell. I've defended Mitchell in the past, but that guy ends up pissing me off more than impressing me.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 392
Likes : 137
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:16 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I'm not getting my hopes up. I hope that this team responds to the embarrassment of losing to yet another mediocre team. I hope that they show up and put forth their best efforts because Sunday against Jacksonville wasn't Steelers football, and they owe it to the late Mr. Rooney, the fans, and the organization to play better.

That being said the Chiefs have had this game circled since last season. We whooped them last year in the regular season after that atrocious loss in Philadelphia, and we beat them in Arrowhead in the playoffs. The Chiefs are definitely like a shark smelling blood in the water after watching us get trampled by the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Chiefs are incredibly well balanced and have some deadly playmakers in Kareem Hunt, and Tyreek Hill both of which can make plays in the running game, and the passing game. We're going into a raucous Arrowhead Stadium that's going to be filled with fans angry from last season, fans who will be unrelenting, loud, and disruptive. So the Steelers had better pull their heads out of their asses because they only way they win this one is if they come out firing on all cylinders.

Yeah, I think the team and especially Ben come out and play inspired games but it may not be enough. KC seems to be clicking on all cylinders especially running the ball. Obviously they'd have more a shot at home. That environment is going to be tough.

You never know how they'll respond though. I remember a Sunday night game Cowher's first year everyone thought KC would win and Steelers ended up blowing them out. Woodson had a long kick return for TD. The fans in the endzone were flipping Barry Foster off and he returned the favor.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2604
Likes : 1137
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:58 am

@effyou515 wrote:
and it looks like the o-line needs some work need to draft a RT and LG.

Gilbert and Foster are both good but their injury issues get tiresome. Seems like we can't keep all five of our offensive lineman healthy for any multi-game stretches and their absences have hurt us in the run game, and in pass protection this season. We need better depth, Hubbard I think it better suited to filling in at a guard spot than he is on the edges.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515



Posts : 2851
Likes : 522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : now in FT. Texas

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:16 am

I can see it now 1st down Benj throws a 15+ yard incomplete pass 2nd down run the ball 3rd down throw a 15+ yard pass 4th down punt. Benj's game plan for the Chef's

_________________
I'm wrong but you're not right!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 2031
Likes : 1164
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
I can see it now 1st down Benj throws a 15+ yard incomplete pass 2nd down run the ball 3rd down throw a 15+ yard pass 4th down punt. Benj's game plan for the Chef's

game plan for every game it seems.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17045
Likes : 1387
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:05 am

Steelers to play more press man vs. Chiefs

While Pittsburgh hasn't needed to show much of the press man-heavy defenses that Artie Burns and defensive backs coach Carnell Lake said had been emphasized in the offseason and training camp, Burns said the Chiefs will see more press man than the Steelers' other opponents to date.

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/10/steelers_man_to_man_vs_chiefs.html

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515



Posts : 2851
Likes : 522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : now in FT. Texas

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:32 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Steelers to play more press man vs. Chiefs

While Pittsburgh hasn't needed to show much of the press man-heavy defenses that Artie Burns and defensive backs coach Carnell Lake said had been emphasized in the offseason and training camp, Burns said the Chiefs will see more press man than the Steelers' other opponents to date.

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2017/10/steelers_man_to_man_vs_chiefs.html

imo the Steelers defense should of used man to man last Sunday against the Jag Offs.

_________________
I'm wrong but you're not right!
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1768
Likes : 484
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:54 pm

The Pittsburgh media LOVES going to K.C.

https://twitter.com/DVEMike/status/919376489954594817
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2851
Likes : 522
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : now in FT. Texas

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:42 am

imo the Steelers Defense the shit but the Offense is going to were it out, I mean Total shut down of a really good K.C. offence for 3 quarters but the offense didn't help them out much.

SOS same old Steelers the offense can move the ball between the 20s but it stalls out in the redzone and kick a field goal.

the drive that pissed me off was the one that Bell and the o-line was blowing up the K.C. defense to the 3 yard line then the offense brings in the 4 WR package stalls out kick a field goal.

damn it's the running game got you there pound the damn ball into the endzone that is a Haley F'up.

this game shouldn't of been as close as it was the offense made the defense look bad at the end of this game.

I talked crap about Benj last week this week the crap goes on Haley, Ben was pretty much on throwing the ball the running game was on and the offense they scored 19 points.

I'm a believer now its Haley needs to go.

_________________
I'm wrong but you're not right!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 392
Likes : 137
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:43 am

Quote :
the drive that pissed me off was the one that Bell and the o-line was blowing up the K.C. defense to the 3 yard line then the offense brings in the 4 WR package stalls out kick a field goal.

Yeah, that one got me too. Maybe they figured it would serve to build a little confidence in the passing game. Whatever the reason you have to wonder why Bell didn't get the ball 3 times with the way he was running the ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!   

Back to top Go down
 
Moving on, time to put KC in our sights!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: