HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Bryant at it again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1676
Likes : 483
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:18 pm

How are you supposed to have a bigger role while you're not getting open vs. single coverage?
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2791
Likes : 517
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:28 pm

@jak341 wrote:
How are you supposed to have a bigger role while you're not getting open vs. single coverage?

when open ball's been thrown to him and he can't see it.

_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1676
Likes : 483
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:38 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
How are you supposed to have a bigger role while you're not getting open vs. single coverage?

when open ball's been thrown to him and he can't see it.

That's a problem too ..
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1962
Likes : 1160
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Ey yo dog, you guys scored too much points! 29 pts, ya feel me? you gotta throw more long incomplete passes so we can start scorin under 20 pts again, ya feel me?

Why you gotta throw it to JuJu for a TD when you can throw incomplete to me? Nah dog I don't be feelin that one bit
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2791
Likes : 517
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:16 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Ey yo dog, you guys scored too much points! 29 pts, ya feel me? you gotta throw more long incomplete passes so we can start scorin under 20 pts again, ya feel me?

Why you gotta throw it to JuJu for a TD when you can throw incomplete to me? Nah dog I don't be feelin that one bit

gotta gets mines.

_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10968
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:28 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/hints-suggest-martavis-bryant-apos-191524411.html

Quote :
So we can see the dichotomy there. It is not uncommon in modern professional sports. The money at stake is so extraordinary that the pressure on the athlete can be transformed from performing for the sake of his team's success to performing so those around him are pleased. Ask any of the college coaches in football or basketball how many phone calls they've received from interested parties who aren't really worried about their guy's C-minus in English 204.

It is not an easy situation for any athlete to manage, and it has consumed athletes with far stronger constitutions than that of Bryant. He is an adult and is accountable for his actions, but not accounting for his motivations is every bit as puerile.

And ending the article:

Quote :
Social media is not the problem, though. It is only a symptom.

The problem is closer to home.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:11 pm

Steelers demote disgruntled Martavis Bryant to scout team

After complaining about his role in the offense on Tuesday, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant was demoted to the scout team on Wednesday.

Bryant said that he is not playing Sunday against the Lions and that his benching is a result of his actions on social media....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21156115/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-demoted-scout-team
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 372
Likes : 91
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu



Posts : 1299
Likes : 568
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Good move.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Maybe he'll wake up and see that now he's getting zero targets and further devaluing himself. As a lifelong Steelers fan his attitude sucks, but on the human side hopefully this doesn't ultimately trigger a relapse as a means to cope.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 588
Likes : 332
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:23 pm

the good news is , there's a boatload of 6-3 , 6-4 receivers in next years draft.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1962
Likes : 1160
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:45 pm

MB bought into his own hype and thinks he's much greater than he really is. He isn't on Brown's level, not even close. And getting outplayed by a rookie. Maybe he needs a week or 2 on the practice squad to realize that he isn't making a good case for a big payday
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 556
Likes : 120
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:57 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the good news is , there's a boatload of 6-3 , 6-4 receivers in next years draft.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php

Thanks to that clown WR is also a high priority now. We still need a QB (first round if not addressed in FA), a dynamic TE, a starting ILB (I still don't believe in VW as a starter, I think he's lucky with all the quality players around him and if Shazier should get an injury we will be in a lot of trouble) and a S.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10968
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:49 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the good news is , there's a boatload of 6-3 , 6-4 receivers in next years draft.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php

Thanks to that clown WR is also a high priority now. We still need a QB (first round if not addressed in FA), a dynamic TE, a starting ILB (I still don't believe in VW as a starter, I think he's lucky with all the quality players around him and if Shazier should get an injury we will be in a lot of trouble) and a S.

But at least we know going in. MB has shown he is more along the lines of Terrell Owens. And he'll eventually crack like TO did. Thankfully, the Steelers have some younger guys on the roster who have the desire and drive to play football and take advantage of their opportunities.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2791
Likes : 517
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:30 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the good news is , there's a boatload of 6-3 , 6-4 receivers in next years draft.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php

Thanks to that clown WR is also a high priority now. We still need a QB (first round if not addressed in FA), a dynamic TE, a starting ILB (I still don't believe in VW as a starter, I think he's lucky with all the quality players around him and if Shazier should get an injury we will be in a lot of trouble) and a S.

But at least we know going in.  MB has shown he is more along the lines of Terrell Owens.  And he'll eventually crack like TO did.  Thankfully, the Steelers have some younger guys on the roster who have the desire and drive to play football and take advantage of their opportunities.

there's another AB in the 6th round.

_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1676
Likes : 483
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:38 am

Ian Rapport reporting that the Patriots* really want Bryant.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/924616170594099200
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2791
Likes : 517
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Ian Rapport reporting that the Patriots** really want Bryant.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/924616170594099200

their 1st and 2nd draft picks in the up coming draft


they need WRs

_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

avatar

Posts : 313
Likes : 63
Join date : 2015-04-16
Location : Pacific rim

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:30 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Ian Rapport reporting that the Patriots** really want Bryant.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/924616170594099200

No way, not for their low first round pick, if the steelers trade him it should be to a bottom dweller in the NFC. I'm thinking SF or even Arizona
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10968
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Bryant needs to ride the pine tonight, and go in to the BYE week with his head on straight(er).

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2488
Likes : 1127
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Just wanted to point out that Juju had almost as many yards receiving tonight against Detroit as Bryant has on the season.


_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1676
Likes : 483
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:43 pm

Juju may have pushed Bryant down the depth chart, but I still think Bryant gets one more chance this season.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2791
Likes : 517
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:51 pm

JuJu going to get his over MB, MB is now a second stringer in Pittsburgh.

_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10968
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:55 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Juju may have pushed Bryant down the depth chart, but I still think Bryant gets one more chance this season.

I think he'll get more than one chance, but the number of opportunities will minimize.

He better take advantage of every ball thrown his way.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2288
Likes : 1122
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:53 pm

Fowler: Martavis Bryant Told He’ll Be Involved In Week 10 Gameplan

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/fowler-martavis-bryant-told-hell-involved-week-10-gameplan/

_________________
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2791
Likes : 517
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:00 pm

did you see the graphic Sunday nights game where MB was targeted 33 times 3rd on the list with only 18 catches.

_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   

Back to top Go down
 
Bryant at it again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: