HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Bryant at it again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Steeler-in-west

avatar

Posts : 313
Likes : 63
Join date : 2015-04-16
Location : Pacific rim

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:19 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
did you see the graphic Sunday nights game where MB was targeted 33 times 3rd on the list with only 18 catches.

I wonder how much of it is Bryant not making enough effort to get open or Ben misfiring. It's probably both. Would like to see him finish the season strong in any case. It makers us a better team and it enhances his value (through trade or new contract)
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 361
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:52 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Fowler: Martavis Bryant Told He’ll Be Involved In Week 10 Gameplan

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/fowler-martavis-bryant-told-hell-involved-week-10-gameplan/

Quote :
Tomlin did say he is “not” confident Bryant will help the team down the stretch, the most interesting comments he made on the subject.

Yeah, those are interesting comments indeed. Anyways, I'm glad they didn't give him his way or Blount him.

It's good to see you again Hawaii. BTW, did you ever see the movie Burnt Offerings? AB's limo driver reminds me of the ghost driver in that movie  
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1676
Likes : 483
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:19 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Fowler: Martavis Bryant Told He’ll Be Involved In Week 10 Gameplan

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/fowler-martavis-bryant-told-hell-involved-week-10-gameplan/

Quote :
Tomlin did say he is “not” confident Bryant will help the team down the stretch, the most interesting comments he made on the subject.

Yeah, those are interesting comments indeed. Anyways, I'm glad they didn't give him his way or Blount him.

It's good to see you again Hawaii. BTW, did you ever see the movie Burnt Offerings? AB's limo driver reminds me of the ghost driver in that movie  

That video in the link is very informative. If you have 20 minutes, it is worth the watch.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2288
Likes : 1122
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Embattled Steelers WR Martavis Bryant shows how 'special' he can be

CHRIS ADAMSKI | Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/12941921-74/embattled-steelers-wr-martavis-bryant-shows-how-special-he-can-be

_________________
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2791
Likes : 517
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:40 pm

he seem to be a 2 trick pony right now crossing and fly patterns. double team AB MB runs a crossing pattern to AB side should be a big hole there since AB took 2 defenders with him. the defense changes up to defend the crossing pattern MB run the fly pattern.


_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1962
Likes : 1160
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:03 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
he seem to be a 2 trick pony right now crossing and fly patterns. double team AB MB runs a crossing pattern to AB side should be a big hole there since AB took 2 defenders with him. the defense changes up to defend the crossing pattern MB run the fly pattern.


And the screen pass. His route tree does look terribly limited to even JJSS who's a 20 year old rookie, who looks like a veteran in comparison to MB

Though I can't deny MB's athletic talent, his speed is on another level. He does have that homerun ability that's lacking in all of our other WR's, if he finds daylight he's gone. Not a knock on AB or JJSS who are both fast, but MB's speed is on that other level like I said.

However I really think his production is because his route running / tree is extremely predictable. If this doesn't change, teams will continue to be ready for him.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 372
Likes : 91
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:51 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
he seem to be a 2 trick pony right now crossing and fly patterns. double team AB MB runs a crossing pattern to AB side should be a big hole there since AB took 2 defenders with him. the defense changes up to defend the crossing pattern MB run the fly pattern.


And the screen pass. His route tree does look terribly limited to even JJSS who's a 20 year old rookie, who looks like a veteran in comparison to MB

Though I can't deny MB's athletic talent, his speed is on another level. He does have that homerun ability that's lacking in all of our other WR's, if he finds daylight he's gone. Not a knock on AB or JJSS who are both fast, but MB's speed is on that other level like I said.

However I really think his production is because his route running / tree is extremely predictable. If this doesn't change, teams will continue to be ready for him.


But does B.B. have the arm to get it to him? Doesn’t see like he does any more. He consistently under throws on the deep passes now.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 2791
Likes : 517
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : here when I'm posting

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:40 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
he seem to be a 2 trick pony right now crossing and fly patterns. double team AB MB runs a crossing pattern to AB side should be a big hole there since AB took 2 defenders with him. the defense changes up to defend the crossing pattern MB run the fly pattern.


And the screen pass. His route tree does look terribly limited to even JJSS who's a 20 year old rookie, who looks like a veteran in comparison to MB

Though I can't deny MB's athletic talent, his speed is on another level. He does have that homerun ability that's lacking in all of our other WR's, if he finds daylight he's gone. Not a knock on AB or JJSS who are both fast, but MB's speed is on that other level like I said.

However I really think his production is because his route running / tree is extremely predictable. If this doesn't change, teams will continue to be ready for him.


But does B.B. have the arm to get it to him? Doesn’t see like he does any more. He consistently under throws on the deep passes now.

quick slants or crossing patterns to MB the let him use his speed to get down field (but Ben doesn't like throwing those type of passes) to set up long pass to him.

Ben needs to throw the ball about 2 second quicker to hit MB on the long ball. imo it is very hard to over throw MB.

_________________
aren't you pickin your peaches before they get good and fuzzy?
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1962
Likes : 1160
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:43 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
he seem to be a 2 trick pony right now crossing and fly patterns. double team AB MB runs a crossing pattern to AB side should be a big hole there since AB took 2 defenders with him. the defense changes up to defend the crossing pattern MB run the fly pattern.


And the screen pass. His route tree does look terribly limited to even JJSS who's a 20 year old rookie, who looks like a veteran in comparison to MB

Though I can't deny MB's athletic talent, his speed is on another level. He does have that homerun ability that's lacking in all of our other WR's, if he finds daylight he's gone. Not a knock on AB or JJSS who are both fast, but MB's speed is on that other level like I said.

However I really think his production is because his route running / tree is extremely predictable. If this doesn't change, teams will continue to be ready for him.


But does B.B. have the arm to get it to him? Doesn’t see like he does any more. He consistently under throws on the deep passes now.

I think he does. His arm strength isn't the issue it seems, it's his accuracy. It's off this year, don't know if that's a timing issue though. It does seem to be improving with him and JJSS finding chemistry though.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1405
Likes : 467
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
he seem to be a 2 trick pony right now crossing and fly patterns. double team AB MB runs a crossing pattern to AB side should be a big hole there since AB took 2 defenders with him. the defense changes up to defend the crossing pattern MB run the fly pattern.


And the screen pass. His route tree does look terribly limited to even JJSS who's a 20 year old rookie, who looks like a veteran in comparison to MB

Though I can't deny MB's athletic talent, his speed is on another level. He does have that homerun ability that's lacking in all of our other WR's, if he finds daylight he's gone. Not a knock on AB or JJSS who are both fast, but MB's speed is on that other level like I said.

However I really think his production is because his route running / tree is extremely predictable. If this doesn't change, teams will continue to be ready for him.


But does B.B. have the arm to get it to him? Doesn’t see like he does any more. He consistently under throws on the deep passes now.

I think he does. His arm strength isn't the issue it seems, it's his accuracy. It's off this year, don't know if that's a timing issue though. It does seem to be improving with him and JJSS finding chemistry though.

Good point on the accuracy issue. I listened to the post game segment on SNR and Charlie Batch mentioned inconsistent accuracy from Ben may be associated with the multiple knee injuries he's suffered over the course of his career.  He didn't say that was the reason, but offered it up as a plausible explanation.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 10968
Likes : 742
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:37 am

Last night MB was in the right place at the right time. His positioning on the field allowed the Steelers to put 3 more points on the board before halftime.

IMO, he took advantage of plays going his way. He definitely looked focused and engaged in this game. I hope this is the MB we were hoping to get all season, and not just a one night appearance.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

avatar

Posts : 1962
Likes : 1160
Join date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:28 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
Last night MB was in the right place at the right time.  His positioning on the field allowed the Steelers to put 3 more points on the board before halftime.

IMO, he took advantage of plays going his way.  He definitely looked focused and engaged in this game.  I hope this is the MB we were hoping to get all season, and not just a one night appearance.

Yeah I did like the hustle he was showing. Makes me hopeful he can return to his old form
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bryant at it again   

Back to top Go down
 
Bryant at it again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: