HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

#1 seed, we probably have to win out

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

PostSubject: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Looking at the Patriots** schedule, it's a cake walk full of just afc east division games, the overraiders and us at heinz field. The only chance they have of losing it seems is vs the Steelers at Heinz
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:22 pm

So be it. We win ugly. Actually I hope this is the year we stomp them into a fine paste. That would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:52 pm

If we beat the Patriots*, we could still lose another game. But yeah, the easiest path is to just win every game.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:48 pm

I'm holding a little hope the Raiders pull it out vs. Pats* this week. The Steelers schedule is easier than it had been with Rogers and Watson out of the Packers and Texan games. Steelers game will be 3rd away game in a row for cheats and on a short week for them.

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Raiders might beat the Pats*. Any given Sunday.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:32 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
If we beat the Patriots**, we could still lose another game. But yeah, the easiest path is to just win every game.

It also depends how the jagoffs are doing. We could lose one and if they win out, we get the #2 seed since we lost the H2H matchup with them.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:18 pm

not a win out for the Steelers with all these sub .500 teams.

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:05 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
If we beat the Patriots***, we could still lose another game. But yeah, the easiest path is to just win every game.

It also depends how the jagoffs are doing. We could lose one and if they win out, we get the #2 seed since we lost the H2H matchup with them.

I was focusing on the Patriots* and forgot about the Jags.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:47 pm

@effyou515 wrote:

This man understands Steelers history and playing down to turd teams... UNLEASH HELL anyone?
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:03 am

I believe the Steelers can beat Pats* if they play their A game and having both games at Heinz definitely would be a major plus. But if we would get the 2nd seed there is still that possibility that the Chiefs or even Jags could knock the cheats off in the divisional round. The Jags get after the QB and can run the ball to control possession and the Chiefs already have beaten the cheats so always that chance. I agree wit the thinking here, though, that it's better to just win out.

The Pats* run has to end soon. The QB-coach combination is going to lose one or the other soon. belicheat is middle 60ish. brady may think he's going to play until 45-50 but the skills will diminish and/or he's more prone to injury the older he gets. Injury has to be worrisome to them at this point considering Garrapo (or however it's spelled) is gone..Brisset too...bring on Hoyer

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 am

@Fire Arians wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
If we beat the Patriots***, we could still lose another game. But yeah, the easiest path is to just win every game.

The Jags are 6-3 and still have the Seahags and the Tits on their schedule. I don't see them winning both witch puts them at 12-4 if they win the rest. If we beat the Patriots* I think we get the #1 seed but first we need to keep the pace even if it's ugly against sub par teams.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:05 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
I believe the Steelers can beat Pats** if they play their A game and having both games at Heinz definitely would be a major plus. But if we would get the 2nd seed there is still that possibility that the Chiefs or even Jags could knock the cheats off in the divisional round. The Jags get after the QB and can run the ball to control possession and the Chiefs already have beaten the cheats so always that chance. I agree wit the thinking here, though, that it's better to just win out.

The Pats** run has to end soon. The QB-coach combination is going to lose one or the other soon. belicheat is middle 60ish. brady may think he's going to play until 45-50 but the skills will diminish and/or he's more prone to injury the older he gets. Injury has to be worrisome to them at this point considering Garrapo (or however it's spelled) is gone..Brisset too...bring on Hoyer
I'm waiting for age to finally hit Brady too. It will hit him and hopefully the Pats* will regret trading Garrappo.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 pm

ESPN seems to think The Pats** would have some trouble with the Steelers:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21449544

Last edited by LambertWardSteel on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

This man understands Steelers history and playing down to turd teams... UNLEASH HELL anyone?

December not to far away. defend every blade of grass.

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 pm

@ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
I believe the Steelers can beat Pats*** if they play their A game and having both games at Heinz definitely would be a major plus. But if we would get the 2nd seed there is still that possibility that the Chiefs or even Jags could knock the cheats off in the divisional round. The Jags get after the QB and can run the ball to control possession and the Chiefs already have beaten the cheats so always that chance. I agree wit the thinking here, though, that it's better to just win out.

The Pats*** run has to end soon. The QB-coach combination is going to lose one or the other soon. belicheat is middle 60ish. brady may think he's going to play until 45-50 but the skills will diminish and/or he's more prone to injury the older he gets. Injury has to be worrisome to them at this point considering Garrapo (or however it's spelled) is gone..Brisset too...bring on Hoyer
I'm waiting for age to finally hit Brady too. It will hit him and hopefully the Pats** will regret trading Garrappo.

Yeah, it's coming. Farve was decent until early 40's. Pats* fans always want to stand by brady is in good shape and works out a lot so he's going to go until 45-50. You still can't stop the aging process or age related injury. Leading up until the 2000's this wasn't even an issue. QBs took enough hits they didn't make it to 40. Bradshaw was done at 33-34, Montanna middle 30ish.

Ed Bouchette has made the remark in his chats regarding brady: Tom Brady isn't going to be Tom Brady forever.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 pm

imo ... The Steelers can beat the Cheatriots ... period ... end of story ... good day.

and if the Steelers meet the Cheatriots in the playoff the Steelers win again.

the sub .500 teams   will mess with us.

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:08 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
I believe the Steelers can beat Pats** if they play their A game and having both games at Heinz definitely would be a major plus. But if we would get the 2nd seed there is still that possibility that the Chiefs or even Jags could knock the cheats off in the divisional round. The Jags get after the QB and can run the ball to control possession and the Chiefs already have beaten the cheats so always that chance. I agree wit the thinking here, though, that it's better to just win out.

The Pats** run has to end soon. The QB-coach combination is going to lose one or the other soon. belicheat is middle 60ish. brady may think he's going to play until 45-50 but the skills will diminish and/or he's more prone to injury the older he gets. Injury has to be worrisome to them at this point considering Garrapo (or however it's spelled) is gone..Brisset too...bring on Hoyer

I wouldn’t mind much if the jags or chiefs knocked off the Pats* so we wouldn’t have to. But a part of me really wants the Steelers to do it themselves. The 7th SB win would be much sweeter, we get our revenge for the past, and the patsy fans would have to shut up about how they’ve owned our team.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Just hope that the team can get the #1 seed and beat the Pats* at Heinz's Field. Good luck!

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:19 am

I'm not afraid to admit that I am utterly shocked to see our record as it is. I didn't think we'd be with only two losses at this point in the season before the season started, and if I took a look at the stats from some of these games i'd never believe we'd of won them. I think it's a good thing that our team finds ways to win games, even if it's ugly. Save the best football for last.

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:24 am

Patriots*: @ Raiders, Dolphins, @ Bills, @ Dolphins, @ Steelers,Bills, Jets

Chiefs: @ Giants, Bills, @Jets, Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, @ Broncos

Jaguars: @ Browns, @ Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks, Texans, @ 49ers, @ Titans

On paper the Chiefs have the easy remaining schedule. The Jags have the Seahawks and the Patriots* have us. I think the Jags finish 12-4, the Chiefs 13-3, The Patriots* 13-3 and we run the table.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:44 pm

I want the Steelers to win but imo can Ben pick apart the Cheatriots defense better then Tom picking apart the Steelers defense?

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:37 am

One game at a time. I hate to focus on the Pats* game only as this team is very capable losing to the Rodgers-less Packers or even the Browns, which makes winning Pats* game meaningless.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 am

Here is my biggest concern. We keep hearing how we can now play man coverage effectively yet I haven't seen us line up that way. We know if we play zone against Brady we might as well phone it in. Does Tomlin and Butler think that we just switch for that game? Are we even practicing man coverage?

I know we have to get past the Packers, Bengals and Ravens first. When we play the Patriots* if we come out playing zone I may just turn the game off. I'm serious. I can't take a game like that (more of the same from Brady).

I would like to see proof before that game that we can play man against Brady.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am

@kan_t wrote:
One game at a time. I hate to focus on the Pats** game only as this team is very capable losing to the Rodgers-less Packers or even the Browns, which makes winning Pats** game meaningless.

I agree. If we lose focus on the task at hand then we certainly can look past anyone on the schedule. Looking forward to the Patriots****** only makes it more difficult on games before that. With the number of injuries the packers have racked up, there's no reason we shouldn't smoke them like the ratbirds did. However, looking past them can cause problems.

The Steelers need to remain focused weekly. Forget what's on the schedule up ahead, focus on the team we play next week.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:36 am

The goal has to be beating the Patriots**. We have got to get over that hump. These guys need to be out for Patriots* blood. We need homefield advantage in the playoffs, need to stop doing everything the hard way.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   

Back to top Go down

#1 seed, we probably have to win out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: