HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

#1 seed, we probably have to win out

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
solardave

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:09 am

Every game up until the Patriot game needs to be a statement game.One game at a time focused on winning that game. Proof that we no longer play down to inferior/loosing teams and that we relish the thought of standing toe to toe with Brady. That would be the ultimate statement. That Brady no longer "owns us" and the tables have turned in our favor.

This is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 am

@solardave wrote:
Every game up until the Patriot game needs to be a statement game.One game at a time focused on winning that game.  Proof that we no longer play down to inferior/loosing teams and that we relish the thought of standing toe to toe with Brady. That would be the ultimate statement. That Brady no longer "owns us" and the tables have turned in our favor.

This is just my opinion.

Completely and wholeheartedly agree.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:17 am

After last night's game, it's time the defense returns to focus on the bengals this week.

With the war of words with Bell & Mixon, I wouldn't be surprised if the bengals force feed the Steelers defense a spoonful of Mixon.

IMO, we can't look ahead, and we need to go in to cincinnati and shut them down. Would be great if Deebo was available for this game.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:30 am

Here is a little snippet from NBC Sports this morning.

"Assuming this plays out with the Steelers and Patriots* getting byes, in the divisional round, I don't care who would be going to Pittsburgh. I'm picking them to win right now. Mark it down."
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:56 pm

The biggest difference between this team and the Patriots**, is that the Patriots** don't have bad games. When they're playing an overmatched opponent, they take out the garbage and keep their foot on the gas. With the Steelers, it seems like they come in flat and expect to win. At least this year they managed to wake up late and grab wins, but it is frustrating as hell knowing what they're capable of, and rarely ever showing it.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
The biggest difference between this team and the Patriots***, is that the Patriots*** don't have bad games. When they're playing an overmatched opponent, they take out the garbage and keep their foot on the gas. With the Steelers, it seems like they come in flat and expect to win. At least this year they managed to wake up late and grab wins, but it is frustrating as hell knowing what they're capable of, and rarely ever showing it.

Ohhhh yeah, agree 100%. I'm as sick of the yearly cheats obstacle as I am with the obstacle the Steelers create for themselves. One positive I feel this year that may have been lacking other years is the way the team has picked up for whatever unit isn't performing that game. Last night the D was getting burnt but the offense kept putting points up, the offense turns it over a few times and the D stops them w/o points, Boswell misses the XP-the offense gets a 2 point conversion next TD, the offense and defense didn't have stellar games and Boswell picks them up and kicks a long FG for the win.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:13 pm

well the Pats* lost to the phins .. didn't watch the game but apparently brady had a really bad day. ... 24/43...233 yds..2 picks.......0/11 ON 3RD DOWN....25 RUSING YDS.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
well the Pats*** lost to the phins ..   didn't watch the game but apparently brady had a really bad day. ... 24/43...233 yds..2 picks.......0/11 ON 3RD DOWN....25 RUSING YDS.

While funny, we can't expect Brady to have too many bad games. I look for him to come into Pittsburgh pissed and focused on Sunday. Hopefully Butler dials up something different than what we've been seeing recently.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:42 pm

brady went 21/30 258 yds 0 TD and 1 INT the week before. Be awesome if the trend continues
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 pm

3 weeks ago I really wasn't expecting them to come in a game behind us. I sort of thought it might be the other way around and we took a loss against Cincy or Balt. If Steelers lose this weekend there is achance they still could get #1 seed if Steelers win last 2 and Pats* lose 1 of 2. Of course Pats* schedule is at home and cupcake so little chance.

Interesting thing is, and hopefully a lot more incentive to the Steelers, is they could actually push Pats* towards the 3 seed if Steelers win this weekend and Jax beats Houston. Jax and Pats* would then be tied at 10-4.

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:48 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
well the Pats** lost to the phins ..   didn't watch the game but apparently brady had a really bad day. ... 24/43...233 yds..2 picks.......0/11 ON 3RD DOWN....25 RUSING YDS.

I watched most of the game last night. The Phins were in the backfield a lot and got to him early and often. His first 11 complete passes were to RBs and 1 reception to the TE. He started the game off 0 for 4 with an INT. They definitely rattled him early and had him getting rid of the ball quick.

My fear is us getting picked apart in the middle without Shazier. That is where a lot of his passes went, however Timmons and Alonso were right there making the tackle as soon as the pass was caught. They didn't get very many YAC.

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:16 pm

From an Ed Bouchette article :

Quote :
The Steelers, though, were somewhat aided by that Dolphins upset of the Patriots*, provided they beat New England. They actually could sew up the No. 1 seed Sunday if that happens and Jacksonville loses at home to Houston. That would render the Steelers’ final two games at Houston and home to Cleveland meaningless and make their next meaningful game not for another month — their first game in the second week of the playoffs.

If they beat New England, and the Jaguars continue to win, the Steelers would earn the top seed with one win in their final two games.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/12/Patriots*-afc-playoff-seeds-steelers-bye-mike-tomlin-kitchen/stories/201712120160
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 am

I don't read much into the Pats* loss. It's the 4th time they've lost in Miami in 5 years. Brady is 7-9 against the Dolphins in Miami. Maybe we should ask the league if we can relocate Sunday's game to Miami
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:30 am

We seem to have a pass rush-not have a pass rush. We alternate so based on last week we should be able to get to Brady.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:52 am

Hayden was cleared to practice and hopefully can play this week. That would be a big boost to our secondary.

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Status-of-Joe-Haden/f352857f-d6a5-4a5b-bfe0-0aa54105df24
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:53 am

@solardave wrote:
Hayden was cleared to practice and hopefully can play this week. That would be a big boost to our secondary.

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Status-of-Joe-Haden/f352857f-d6a5-4a5b-bfe0-0aa54105df24

I'd rather him not play this week. While I'd be excited if the Steelers were able to pressure the Patriots****** and push them towards a wild card weekend game, I'd rather have more aces in the deck for playoff games and not give opponents too much game field (yes I know they could go back and watch regular season games).

However, I believe we can win this game without Hayden, but it's not going to be because of the defense. It'll be because our offense put up 40 points.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@solardave wrote:

I'd rather him not play this week.  While I'd be excited if the Steelers were able to pressure the Patriots******* and push them towards a wild card weekend game, I'd rather have more aces in the deck for playoff games and not give opponents too much game field (yes I know they could go back and watch regular season games).

However, I believe we can win this game without Hayden, but it's not going to be because of the defense.  It'll be because our offense put up (70) points.

Fixed it for you Truck.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
I don't read much into the Pats** loss. It's the 4th time they've lost in Miami in 5 years. Brady is 7-9 against the Dolphins in Miami. Maybe we should ask the league if we can relocate Sunday's game to Miami

Maybe that team in general has a weakness for Cuban women and partying on south beach, hence the losses there haha.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Bump and run coverage, pressure on Brady for Defense. Offense has to put up TDS instead of settling for 3 and have to keep their foot on the gas for 60 minutes.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:17 am

The Jags lost last night so all we need is one more win to get the #2. I think it's to much to ask the Jets to knock off Brady next week so we shoot for #2 and a bye week so AB hopefully gets healthy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #1 seed, we probably have to win out   

Back to top Go down

#1 seed, we probably have to win out
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: