HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:12 am

As a player it's always who is next, not what's upcoming.

However, as a fan, we have the luxury to look ahead to what's coming.  So here's a look at the remaining 5 games and how those teams are playing.

Mon, Dec 4 @ Cincinnati: The bungals are 3-2 in their last 5 with victories over the colts, broncos, browns.  With the exception of the Jags game, they're putting up at least 20 points per a game.  Defensively, they're allowing around 20 points per a game.  Winning can become contagious, and lately their consistency all around should be a concern for a Steelers unit which hasn't been consistent all year.  An offense that should be scoring over 30 per a game has only broken that mark twice.  A defense who one series looks super, and the next like they forgot how to play the game.  Throw in the fact the bungals are in contention for a playoff spot, even at 5-6.  This game smells of a trap game, but it could also be a break out game.  Like the game against the Packers, I'm expecting this one to cause severe alcohol intake.  Steelers win 34-24 with a late pick 6 to seal the victory.

Sun, Dec 11 vs. Baltimore: It's heated, it's ugly, but it's football the way it should be played.  The ratbirds right now hold a playoff spot and looking at their schedule the next two weeks are their hardest games against the Lions and then at Pittsburgh.  They close the season with 3 games they should easily win as they play at Cleveland and then host the Colts and Bengals to close out the season.  They are currently at 6-5 and could easily challenge for the AFC North crown should the Steelers decide to play down to their opponents in the final weeks.  Our saving grace is this game is home in PRIME TIME, where the ratbirds hate playing.  The ratbirds are 3-3 in their last 6, but the last two games they've looked like a true playoff contender in all aspects of the game.  But they've also been desperate - take in to consideration against the Texans they had a fake punt in the first half and they also went for it on 4th and 1 in the 2nd quarter.  What I saw was a team desperate to change direction.  The Steelers job is to break their ship's rudder and force them out of the playoffs.  I'm sure Chris Collinsworthless will be all over the ratbirds band wagon the entire game, but in the end the Steelers will have another moment to break his heart.  Steelers win off the foot of Chris Boswell 27-23, and a late defensive stand.

Sun, Dec 18 vs. Patriots*******: After last year's playoff loss, and the schedule came out, fans circled this game.  I wouldn't be surprised if players and coaches did too.  This team has failed to live up to expectations of being a high scoring offense and a powerful defense.  While the Patriots******* continue to have a cake walk through the AFC East, many commentators have mentioned the Steelers are the only team who can side track the locomotive known as the Cheatriots.  The last few weeks, the Patriots******* defense has come alive and been the dominant force they were projected to be while the offense continues to throw up gratuitous amounts of points.  Before playing the Steelers, the Patriots******* play 2 more road games against the Bills (6-5) and Dolphins (4-7).  While the Bills are still in playoff contention, the Dolphins are in draft mode.  The Patriots******* are prime for a loss, and I think only the Bills have a chance of handing them one before they get to us.  I also know Tom Brady owns the Steelers.  The key to beating them is getting to Brady early, and often. It also means our offense will need to throw up at least 30 points on the board, IF NOT MORE!  While I'll never cheer against them, analyzing this game right now I have the gut feeling we end up with our third loss of the season.  Our down fall will be lack of TDs from the Killer B's, and inability to tackle when it matters most.  This one could be embarrassing as the Patriots******* walk away from Heinz Field with a W, and the #1 seed, 41-27.

Sun, Dec 25 at Houston: In a season when they had high hopes for their season.  Then all hell broke loose and they've lost 4 of their last 5 since the BYE week.  However, don't let their record fool you, this team could easily be 8-4 instead of 4-8.  They have the ability to score a lot of points, and their defense is nothing to shake a stick at.  Clowney has proven to be a force to be reckoned with, even with Watt in the lineup.  I expect them to be a little bit up by the time we play them, with games @Titans, 49ers, and @Jax.  However, I also expect them to be in Grinch mode come Christmas day which means they'll be a little hyped up to put the Steelers in the L column.  I'm also believing after a beat down from the Patriots******* the Steelers will be refocused to finish the season strong.  This one becomes a Steelers offensive juggernaut and we clinch the AFC North, 38-10.

Sun, Dec 31 vs Cleveland: By this time, the clowns are looking for their only victory of the season.  Against the Steelers, a victory would be their version of the Super Bowl.  Who is playing, who isn't?  Are we resting players ahead of the playoffs?  Are we fighting for the #2 seed?  Maybe #1 seed?  Too many variables, but alas this browns team has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  I expect nothing less from them.  In a game which will feature our starters for the first half and backups in the second, the Steelers end the season on a high note, 24-13.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Playing against sub 500teams if it doesn’t have you worried as a fan you don’t know this teams history.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:33 pm

the one thing I have learned being a Steelers fan since the 70s never ever think it is a otto madic win. I'm looking for a very close win against the Bengals.

even in the 70s the Steelers defense had a hard time stopping the quick short passing game. Bill Walsh when he was a Paul Brown offensive assistant coach.

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:46 am

I don't get all the credit everyone is giving the Ravens as of late. They beat the Packers handily, I'll give them that, but the Packers weren't exactly playing good football, and they were turning the ball over. They pounded the hapless Dolphins, not really anything to brag about there, the Dolphins suck offensively, and defensively.

They got beat by the Titans who we dominated, and they had a pretty tight game against the Texans who aren't exactly world beaters with Tom Savage at QB. The Ravens are playing good defense, but their offense is pretty abysmal. If you can stop Buck Allen and Alex Collins you can shut down the Ravens offense as Flacco isn't playing very well and hasn't all season. The Ravens really don't scare me. I'm more worried about the Bengals who have been more consistent and have more reliable weapons offensively, and their offensive line is healthier than that of Baltimore.

The Ravens have to come to Heinz this time around, and we already beat them up in their house. The game definitely won't be a gimme, but I think we win comfortably. Just my .02 cents. Of course, I say this and I'll end up being totally wrong...

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 am

What this all boils down to is in any of these games is which Steeler team shows up. The one where the O plays well and the D stutters. The one where the D plays lights out and the O stutters. The one where they both stink and are a total embarrassment. Or the one we haven't seen yet. The Yeti game where they put it all together and play up to their potential.

If you look at us on paper we look good. 2nd in ints. 2nd in sacks.AB leads the league. Bell leads the league. However. What's an int if you don't get points off of it? What good is a sack if the next play you let them out of a 2nd or 3rd and long by giving up a first down? What good is it if AB and Bell have monster games but the defense is a sieve? Or the defense plays good but Ben throws 5 picks.

It's time to put it all together and play like a team. Not a bunch of social media darlings. Put down your phone, Ipad or whatever your Twitter device is and GET TO WORK.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:24 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I don't get all the credit everyone is giving the Ravens as of late. They beat the Packers handily, I'll give them that, but the Packers weren't exactly playing good football, and they were turning the ball over. They pounded the hapless Dolphins, not really anything to brag about there, the Dolphins suck offensively, and defensively.

They got beat by the Titans who we dominated, and they had a pretty tight game against the Texans who aren't exactly world beaters with Tom Savage at QB. The Ravens are playing good defense, but their offense is pretty abysmal. If you can stop Buck Allen and Alex Collins you can shut down the Ravens offense as Flacco isn't playing very well and hasn't all season. The Ravens really don't scare me. I'm more worried about the Bengals who have been more consistent and have more reliable weapons offensively, and their offensive line is healthier than that of Baltimore.

The Ravens have to come to Heinz this time around, and we already beat them up in their house. The game definitely won't be a gimme, but I think we win comfortably. Just my .02 cents. Of course, I say this and I'll end up being totally wrong...

Regardless of how it's done, winning, like losing, can become contagious and in such can help a team overcome themselves. IMO, that's what the ravens have done the last few weeks. They've overcome themselves, even with Flacco at QB.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:23 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Regardless of how it's done, winning, like losing, can become contagious and in such can help a team overcome themselves.  IMO, that's what the ravens have done the last few weeks.  They've overcome themselves, even with FIASCO at QB.

Fixed it for you.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 am

boo

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:29 pm

I hope that we sweep the Ravens this year, I feel they've had our number for the last few years. Time to repay the favor.

The Bengals, I just hope we get out of that game without injuries. Dirty ass players. I respect the Ravens but absolutely loathe the Bengals. Bunch of classless punks including their coach.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:51 am

I watched the Ravens Lions game yesterday, Ravens were pretty impressive. You couldn't notice that they've lost half of their team to injury. It won't be a cakewalk this Sunday. That Collins guy is a damn good runner.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:45 am

We won't have it easy. The Bengals (Burfict) would like nothing more than to cripple half of our team.
The Ravens are playing pretty well on defense The offense has Wallace as their #1 playing like he did 30 years ago.
The Patriots*.Well you know.
The Texans should be an easy win so you also know it's a trap game.
Cleveland wanting with all their hearts to not go 0-16.
We IMO have a rougher road than New England getting the #1 seed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule   

Back to top Go down

Sneek Peek at the remaining schedule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: