HomeRyan Shazier injury - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share
 

 Ryan Shazier injury

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Crash

Crash

Posts : 669
Likes : 14
Join date : 2014-08-07
Location : Pittsburgh Pa!

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 3:23 pm

I know what it feels like to not be able to walk properly (I have CP and walk like Fred G. Sanford) so I kind of know what he's going through.

But I was driving myself nuts when I was reduced to wagon duty one summer, it's not fun.

If he doesn't play again, wouldn't shock me if we offered him a front office job. They did the same for Gabe Rivera in 1983 but he was so depressed he turned the Chief down.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4294
Likes : 661
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 5:49 am

I don't know if this means he's walking but it is a good sign.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Shazier-Todays-a-big-day-for-me/311f02af-1661-440e-b1aa-7b5372d7baa9
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

Posts : 669
Likes : 14
Join date : 2014-08-07
Location : Pittsburgh Pa!

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 am

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22315755/ryan-shazier-pittsburgh-steelers-regained-movement-legs
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4294
Likes : 661
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 12:53 pm

@Crash wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22315755/ryan-shazier-pittsburgh-steelers-regained-movement-legs

Great news. I'd like to see him working in the FO or even one day as a coach. I think his playing days are over. Gotta love his attitude.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17952
Likes : 1545
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 2:49 pm


_________________
Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17952
Likes : 1545
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 am


_________________
Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1039
Likes : 190
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 7:09 am

Great news! Shazier standed without any assistance at OSU. That's a big step in his recovery, I'm very optimistic that he will be able to walk and live a normal life again!

https://twitter.com/OhioStateFB/status/985175358369685504/photo/1?tfw_site=NFL&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fstory%2F0ap3000000926549%2Farticle%2Fsteelers-ryan-shazier-stands-to-cheers-at-alma-mater
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Posts : 2576
Likes : 528
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptyThu May 03, 2018 10:13 am

Steelers convert almost all of Shazier's salary to bonus for 2018. He gets a large payout immediately. If you scroll through the Tweets, Dale Jr. approves of this action.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/992013172046532609?s=20
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Posts : 2482
Likes : 1147
Join date : 2015-04-19

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptyThu May 03, 2018 3:48 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Steelers convert almost all of Shazier's salary to bonus for 2018. He gets a large payout immediately. If you scroll through the Tweets, Dale Jr. approves of this action.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/992013172046532609?s=20


very classy move by the Steelers organization!
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1039
Likes : 190
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 10:54 am

This opens the possibility for a new cheap contract for Shazier in 2019. If they would've kept the 8M+ in base salary this year, a new contract for Shazier would have meant a minimum base salary of 9M in 2019. With now only a base salary of less than $500000 they can sign Shazier in 2019 for a base salary of about $700000. It also gives Shazier more time to come back if he wants to as the Steelers can place him relativaly cheap on the PUP-list in 2019, something that they couldn't have done with the previous contract.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3827
Likes : 572
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 5:46 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
This opens the possibility for a new cheap contract for Shazier in 2019. If they would've kept the 8M+ in base salary this year, a new contract for Shazier would have meant a minimum base salary of 9M in 2019. With now only a base salary of less than $500000 they can sign Shazier in 2019 for a base salary of about $700000. It also gives Shazier more time to come back if he wants to as the Steelers can place him relativaly cheap on the PUP-list in 2019, something that they couldn't have done with the previous contract.

reality check.

looks good and all but Shazier isn't coming back if he did he would never be the same player he was before his injury.


_________________
Guess this wasn't a playoff team after all.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 848
Likes : 141
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Really don’t want to piss on anyone’s parade but Shaziers playing days are over. That’s the reality of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1039
Likes : 190
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 EmptySat May 05, 2018 11:43 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
This opens the possibility for a new cheap contract for Shazier in 2019. If they would've kept the 8M+ in base salary this year, a new contract for Shazier would have meant a minimum base salary of 9M in 2019. With now only a base salary of less than $500000 they can sign Shazier in 2019 for a base salary of about $700000. It also gives Shazier more time to come back if he wants to as the Steelers can place him relativaly cheap on the PUP-list in 2019, something that they couldn't have done with the previous contract.

reality check.

looks good and all but Shazier isn't coming back if he did he would never be the same player he was before his injury.


I know and I hope he's not coming back. Just saying why he and the Steelers made this deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Shazier injury   Ryan Shazier injury - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Ryan Shazier injury
Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: