HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

(UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Juju Smith-Schuster and George Iloka Suspended for one game   Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000888604/article/juju-smithschuster-george-iloka-banned-one-game

Well I can't say I'm overly surprised. I'm glad he'll be back for the Patriots***, but man I miss when Hines Ward type blocks were legal.

Honestly though I think the taunting is what ultimately got him suspended. I'm fine with the hit and giving Burfict some of his own medicine, but the taunting isn't professional, especially if you're on the Monday Night stage.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:34 pm

@effyou515 wrote:

Gruden I got a communication degree and he has been pumping up Burfict all game and a rookie WR knocks out one of his (Gruden Grinder Player),,, to save his ass he went PC,,, if he was being straight as a NFL (Jr high, high school, or a college) coach I think he should of said "when you have a lot of players around you you better keep your head on a swivel.

Gruden was annoying as hell with his spiel about wanting to" pay to see Burfict play". Really? The guy that took out Bell's ACL and then celebrated his obvious injury on the field, then knocked AB out of a AFC CG because of a cheap hit.? He was making comments like JJ's hit drives fans away. I guess that's why Cincy-Pitt games draw primetime so often...the networks like putting games on that won't draw a lot of viewers. I guess they figure a 5-6 team team playing the division leader will be a pre playoff match up.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:36 pm

if JuJu would of just hit Burfict and walked off no flags would have been thrown because it was a good clean hit.

coach Ward JuJu got his big block and respect now coach JuJu block hard and walk away with a big smile.

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm

JuJu is going to protest, so who knows how long this will play out.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:54 pm

From the article FA posted above ...

Quote :
In a letter to the rookie receiver, Runyan made it clear the taunt played a role in the suspension.

Key part of Fowler's tweet ... hit was deemed legal but the taunt was over the top.

So basically, Juju was suspended for taunting?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:01 pm

AB in the background. "It's called KARMA."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Gruden's bother is average as the headcoach of the Washington Redskins Ben go one more year.

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Suspensions come quickly for Steelers and Bengals

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 5, 2017

That didn’t take long.

The NFL just announced one-game suspensions for Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster and Bengals safety George Iloka, after last night’s over-the-line hits.

Both were flagged last night for helmet-to-helmet hits, Smith-Schuster for dropping Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict and Iloka for hitting Steelers wideout Antonio Brown in the end zone.

They can appeal within the next three days, and those will be heard by Derrick Brooks or James Thrash.

While those suspensions are clearly justified, they were at least organic, unlike Patriots* tight end Rob Gronkowski‘s sneak attack, which also drew a one-game ban.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/05/suspensions-come-quickly-for-steelers-and-bengals/

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:53 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Suspensions come quickly for Steelers and Bengals

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 5, 2017

That didn’t take long.

The NFL just announced one-game suspensions for Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster and Bengals safety George Iloka, after last night’s over-the-line hits.

Both were flagged last night for helmet-to-helmet hits, Smith-Schuster for dropping Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict and Iloka for hitting Steelers wideout Antonio Brown in the end zone.

They can appeal within the next three days, and those will be heard by Derrick Brooks or James Thrash.

While those suspensions are clearly justified, they were at least organic, unlike Patriots** tight end Rob Gronkowski‘s sneak attack, which also drew a one-game ban.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/05/suspensions-come-quickly-for-steelers-and-bengals/

At least they got Iloka too. Gronkowski should get 3.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Mike Tomlin: JuJu's taunting more disturbing than hit

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: Dec. 5, 2017

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster earned a flag for a brutal crackback block that knocked Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict out of Monday night's game. The receiver earned another penalty for taunting after standing over the defender.

The league suspended Smith-Schuster one game Tuesday without pay for violating safety-related playing rules.

Prior to the one-game suspension being announced, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he took more issue with the taunting than the hit.

"I haven't had an opportunity to see the television copy often times particularly in HD -- that provides the best case scenario," Tomlin told reporters. "I'll stand by my statement last night that his actions after the hit are more disturbing than the hit itself. Often times plays like that are teachable moments. When you look at it you have an opportunity to talk about ways you can be safer and so forth. He is a better sportsman than he displayed after the block and you got to acknowledge that. He's got to work hard so people understand the type of man he is from a sportsmanship standpoint and that's not something that's going to happen overnight. That's just the reality of plays like that."

Smith-Schuster apologized after the game for the block and standing over Burfict.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000888601/article/mike-tomlin-jujus-taunting-more-disturbing-than-hit

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Taunting was the best part of the hit. (bleep) burfict and the NFL. All hail JUJU!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:44 pm

#19 my next Jersey fo sho
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Yeah I'll be buying a Smith-Schuster jersey, he earned that last night. Suspension is knee jerk BS from the NFL. Burfict kicked Nix in the head last time we played and all he got was fined, and how many offenses does he have under his belt?

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:24 pm

Put them in skirts! -Jack Lambert
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 pm

If you guys don't mind I'm going to shamelessly plug my podcast in here:

My thoughts on the game, the Shazier injury, and the Smith-Schuster block on Burbitch.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:05 am

@Fire Arians wrote:
@solardave wrote:
Yeah I was like Damn it JU JU why did you have to go and draw 2 penalties on that great hit. I said that I only wished that Hines was still playing so he could have gotten a Keith Rivers shot on Burfict. Pretty sure Hines was smiling on that play.

When doesn't Hines Ward smile?

You got me there.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:28 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
If you guys don't mind I'm going to shamelessly plug my podcast in here:

My thoughts on the game, the Shazier injury, and the Smith-Schuster block on Burbitch.

Good stuff. You summed up pretty much how I feel about the game and aftermath. Oh, and I'm starting a new drinking game. Every time you drop an F-bomb, listeners have to do a shot.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:45 am

Ju Ju is the man and Burfict got exactly what he deserved. He was acting up that hit anyway to get sympathy as evident by crawling after him after the hit. He wanted the thumbs up cart send off after crying all game for little injuries.

Block was completely legal, keep doing it. Just don't stand over your victim afterwards. Run to the sidelines yelling "I got him!!" like Burfict did to Bell.

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:29 am

There is no way JJSS hit was anything comparable to what Gronk did. For them to get the same 1-game suspension is ridiculous. Yes, the taunting was over the top, but when does taunting warrant a suspension?

If anything, it should've been a double fine. One for the hit, then one for a dead-ball personal foul. And yes, subsequently a heavy fine.

The NFL is setting a precedent for ridiculousness on fines, suspensions, and being inconsistent with how they handle issues.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Update. JuJu's suspension upheld. Iloka's overturned.

https://twitter.com/WPXI/status/938464264343506944
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Bs to reverse iloka but not JuJu’s given the former’s history.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:23 pm

It's amazing all the butthurt Bengal fans on social media crying about this "illegal" hit and about Burfict's "injury". They haven't cared about either of those things until their team was on the receiving end of each. That organization and it's fans suck.

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:30 pm

@OX1947 wrote:
Taunting was the best part of the hit. (bleep) burfict and the NFL. All hail JUJU!

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Steelers furious as NFL overturns suspension for Bengals' George Iloka

George Iloka had his suspension reduced, JuJu Smith-Schuster didn't and the Steelers weren't happy with either development Wednesday.

In an emotionally charged post-practice locker room, Ramon Foster took a verbal shot at the NFL's vice president of football operations, and Mike Mitchell and Maurkice Pouncey railed against the league's disciplinary standards.

Jon Runyan, the NFL vice president who levied the suspensions Monday, was called a “pawn” by Foster, the Steelers union representative. Pouncey called the disciplinary process “stupid,” and Mitchell said the NFL is trying to turn the sport into “flag football.”

The reactions came a few hours after Iloka, the Bengals safety who delivered a helmet-to-helmet hit on Steelers receiver Antonio Brown during a fourth-quarter touchdown catch, had his one-game suspension reduced to a $36,464.50 fine. On Tuesday night, Smith-Schuster's appeal of his one-game suspension for his illegal hit and taunt of Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict was upheld.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/13035327-74/its-stupid-steelers-furious-as-nfl-overturns-suspension-for-bengals-george-iloka

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:58 pm

https://teespring.com/hit-like-juju-19#pid=2&cid=2122&sid=front

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself   

Back to top Go down

(UPDATE:Juju suspended) History repeats itself
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: