HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFL rulings inconsistent and unfair?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: NFL rulings inconsistent and unfair?   Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:01 am

Here's a great article on Ben's view of JJSS' hit and Gronk's hit and the subsequent one game suspension for each...

https://nesn.com/2017/12/ben-roethlisberger-is-right-about-rob-gronkowski-which-is-part-of-nfls-problem/

Quote :
In a vacuum, Roethlisberger raises a very good point. As mentioned above, Gronkowski’s actions happened after the play was over. And Gronkowski didn’t even plead ignorance. His excuse wasn’t something like, “Well, I didn’t know the play was over.” Rather, the Patriots* tight end said the frustration of being held and interfered with all game finally boiled over. Smith-Schuster shouldn’t be absolved of any guilt, either. It’s hard to believe, given the Steelers-Bengals rivalry, that it was just a coincidence Burfict was the recipient of the most vicious hit of arguably the most physical game of the season — especially when Smith-Schuster stood over Burfict taunting him after the play. But at least it was a hit that came in the course of game action.

Here's a list of inconsistencies among the NFL:
https://twitter.com/i/moments/938145123833077760

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL rulings inconsistent and unfair?   Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 am

The inconsistency bothers me. Just be consistent but don’t tell me you’re about safety while being so inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL rulings inconsistent and unfair?   Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:25 pm

Lately there's been a lot of after the whistle things happening and no one was suspended.

The fact two players (although one was over turned) received a one game suspension for in play actions tells me the NFL doesn't have a clue what it means to care about player safety nor do they know how to set guidelines and standards for such infractions.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: NFL rulings inconsistent and unfair?   Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:38 pm

NFL penalizes people not on the legality of hits, but it depends if someone gets hurt. I'm pretty sure soon, if players start getting injured from legal hits, they're still gonna get fined or suspended. If AB got carried out on a stretcher, I'm willing to bet my entire 401k that Iloka's suspension wouldn't have been overturned. It's a goddamn joke.

Pretty soon NFL players are gonna start flopping just as bad as soccer players to get other teams' star players ejected from the game
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: NFL rulings inconsistent and unfair?   Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Speaking of inconsistency, Houston QB Tom Savage was hit hard, went to the ground, and appeared go have a seizure.

https://twitter.com/ChrisNowinski1/status/939942938519461888

He was cleared to go back in, before bring pulled again.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL rulings inconsistent and unfair?   Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Tonight was another instance of terrible and inconsistent officiating.

Mike Wallace yanks down Artie Burns yet Burns get the PI call.
Then in the endzone, Brown doesn't get the call and instead the Steelers kick a FG.

Officiating is going to cost someone a game, what's going to be the excuse from the NFL when that game is either a playoff game or the Superbowl?

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL rulings inconsistent and unfair?   

Back to top Go down

NFL rulings inconsistent and unfair?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: