HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Dolphins top Patriots******: What have we learned

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Dolphins top Patriots******: What have we learned   Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:59 am

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

The Patriots******, at least this year, have fallen off their production.

They have lost games to the Chiefs (wk1), Panthers (wk4), and Dolphins (wk14). However, they've had some closer games they could've lost as well Texans , (wk 3) won by 3, Buccaneers (wk 5) won by 5 and only if the Bucs had a kicker, and Jets (wk 6) they won by 7.

Looking at last night's game and the games listed above, let's look at the things these teams were able to do against Marsha and the Patriots******.

One. Some of these teams were able to put up points against the Patriots****** mediocre defense. They had a combination of talented players and put together sustaining drives which ended with TDs. Or they were able to match points along the way.

Two. Their defense was able to pressure, annoy, and crush Brady. Last night was a prime example. The Dolphins made his life miserable. Other teams were able to put pressure on him, even though the Patriots****** won most of those games, I would say it was because those teams didn't have the offense necessary to go toe-to-toe with the Patriots******.

So how does this benefit the Steelers?

First, we have the offense to go toe-to-toe with the Patriots****** and they certainly have put points on the board the last several weeks. Offensively, the game plan has to be keeping the Patriots****** defense on the field, beat them up with the front line, take advantage of their soft zone, develop rhythm, and late in the game punish them. As was mentioned this morning, their defense is undersized and can be handled with power and speed. This would be a great time to utilize Conner a bit more, especially in the 3rd and 4th.

Second, our weakness is tackling and pressure. The last two games have been emotional battles for our team, especially the defense. However, I still believe we have the ability to cause some pressure on Brady, and run man coverage - to a point! Without Hayden, our DBs are not ready to take care of the multiple targets Brady has at his disposal. I believe the best way to handle them is exactly how Miami did last night - pressure them at the line, checking them early, & often. Disrupt the 3 second passes and cause Brady to throw off.

I believe the Steelers can certainly win this game, but it will because our offense puts up 40 points.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down

Dolphins top Patriots******: What have we learned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: