HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Haden returning to practice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Haden returning to practice    Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:16 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Great news.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:38 pm

Joe Haden will practice this week

Returning to practice is just the first step for Haden as Tomlin said the team would see how he does before making any decisions about putting him in the lineup against the Patriots* this weekend.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/12/joe-haden-will-practice-this-week/
---------------------------------

I hope they're not rushing him back. As much as I want to beat the Patriots* on Sunday, we need Haden healthy for the playoffs.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Definitely don't want to rush him back. If he's not ready, then he's not ready.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Definitely don't want him rushed either. I wonder if maybe they are pressing a little based on Gerry Dulac's comment at PG:

Gerry Dulac wrote:
Typically, the Steelers will use a player's first week back to practice with the scout team to test his injury progress. Then they make wait another week. Typically.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:52 pm

If he doesn't play this week, I hope that they start Sutton.

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:49 am

@Lokki wrote:

This. It's probably too soon for Sutton, but at least he can learn from it. Sensabaugh doesn't have any potential and needs to be cut before the start of next season.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:57 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@Lokki wrote:

This. It's probably too soon for Sutton, but at least he can learn from it. Sensabaugh doesn't have any potential and needs to be cut before the start of next season.

Sensabaugh is a backup at best. At this point I think Sutton is the better choice if Hayden can't go and honestly, I don't want to see Hayden go down again with a worse injury. It's not like we Have to win this game.
Even though we need to beat these guys to end the ownership.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:13 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@Lokki wrote:

Sensabaugh is a backup at best. At this point I think Sutton is the better choice if Hayden can't go and honestly, I don't want to see Hayden go down again with a worse injury. It's not like we Have to win this game.
Even though we need to beat these guys to end the ownership.

If Heyward, Tuitt, Dupree, and Hargrave can put pressure on Brady we can beat these guys.We need to stop the run on our way to Brady. Also disguise blitzes using Hilton. Rotate Chickalo in and also Alualu.

I think we put Watt on Gronk in the middle with Davis as the double. If we let him get open Brady will pick us apart setting up the longer (over 10 yds) to Britt or Amendola.
Pressure, sure tackling, and bump and run can stop Brady.

A heavy dose of Bell, AB, Ju Ju and Connor. McDonald is probably out so JJ can step up and even Grimble.

If we play aggressive and smart this is a very winnable game.

We can't let Brady take the crowd out of it either with big plays.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:49 pm

Steelers held them to 27 points last year in Pittsburgh and maybe had a chance to win if Jones wasn't playing for Ben. I'm not sure how the D with injuries would be rated this year over last. I think this year's Steelers offense is much better.

I hope we pull it off and beat them. I want this week over if for no other reason I really cannot stand even seeing their faces every time I read a Steelers article or go to a Steelers website.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:25 pm

This may all be smoke and mirrors but it would be awesome if he's ready:

Butler hopeful on Haden

Steelers defensive coordinator Keith Butler said he’ll have a better idea Friday whether cornerback Joe Haden will play against the Patriots*. Haden went through his first rigorous practice Thursday since fracturing his fibula Nov. 12 against the Indianapolis Colts.

“I don’t know. Boy, I hope he does,” Butler said of Haden’s availability for Sunday. “We’ll see.”

Haden did not speak with reporters Thursday, but his plan was to get through full practices Thursday and Friday and wait to see how his leg felt afterward. The first practice of the week Wednesday was a walk-through.

“He looks good to me,” Butler said. “I told him that the other day: Really what’s going to happen is how does he feel [Friday]? That’s going to be the biggest thing, how does he feel [Friday]? We’ll play as we go.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/14/Bill-Belichick-Todd-Haley-Patriots*-coach-Steelers-offensive-coordinator-new-york-jets/stories/201712140174
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 am

My gut tells me to let him sit this one out.  Having him back in January vs. rushing him back for this game is not even a serious decision.

If I were Butler, I'd sit him out, and take my beatings.  Gather the game film, make adjustments when it matters most - January!  I believe we can beat the Patriots****** without Haden, and them not having additional game film on him would only benefit us in January.

Besides this game isn't going to come down to a defensive stand, it's going to come down to offensive output.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm

At least we get Haden back this week, McDonald too. It looks like AB is a contusion and not a tear.

Quote :
Cornerback Joe Haden, who returned to practice last week but was inactive against the Patriots*, is expected to return and start against the Texans after missing five games with a fractured fibula. Tomlin also said tight end Vance McDonald (shoulder), who did not play against the Patriots*, could return as well.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/12/19/antonio-brown-leg-injury-update-steelers-texans-christmas-day-nfl-mike-tomlin/stories/201712190125
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:51 pm

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday evening that Brown has a partially torn calf muscle that will keep him out for Pittsburgh's final two regular season games. Despite losing to the Patriots*, the Steelers (11-3) are in a good position to earn a first-round bye.
That extra week could be the difference between Brown being available for his team's postseason opener.
Tomlin said running back James Conner will undergo knee surgery Tuesday on a damaged MCL. He was placed on injured reserve. His roster spot was filled by free-agent back Stevan Ridley. The Steelers coach added that cornerback Joe Haden (fibula) and tight end Vance McDonald (shoulder) could be available this week after missing Sunday's loss to the New England Patriots*.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000895596/article/injuries-antonio-brown-leg-ruled-out-for-week-16

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 am

Haden wants to come back.

https://twitter.com/joehaden23/status/953094163968544769
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haden returning to practice    

Back to top Go down

Haden returning to practice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: