HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Call me crazy, but I believe

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Call me crazy, but I believe   Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:49 pm

We can and will beat the Patriots* this weekend. Sure we've had injuries, but every team is beat up in December. Our team although hasn't been winning pretty, has always found ways to win. 8 in a row isn't luck, I don't care what anybody says. We've been through more adversity than any other team, and found a way to win. The Patriots* last week found themselves in a similar situation and didn't pull off the win in Miami. This team just has 'something' behind it, I can't put my finger on it. But I don't think they'll be denied this week.

My prediction... I don't do scores, but we jump to an early lead and hold off a typical Patriots* comeback attempt, but we win in the end. That's my prediction and I'm sticking with it.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:39 pm

You're not crazy, they can I think they need to keep mistakes at a minimum and there needs to be zero coaching gaffes like the clock management at the end of the Baltimore game....if that had been the Pats* Steelers lose.

I'd love to see the D rise to the occasion and be all over brady. I know Harrison is older and slowing, but would be awesome to see him have one last vintage Deebo day and harass brady into crying to the refs.

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 pm

I like our chances better than last year's AFC Championship game. Last year Hayward was out, Tuitt was banged up, Bell was out in the 1 quarter (and admitted he wasn't 100% going into the game), didn't have Bryant (even if he's not a world beater this year), and 2 of our DBs were rookies. The Patriots* defensive front 7 is a bunch of average guys at best. Their secondary is real good. Offensively, Brady is taking a ton of hits this year. I think the entire game comes down to our front 7 stopping their run. If they do that, the Steelers can play man coverage, tee off on Marcia Brady and cause problems. Something tells me that Belicheat will come in with a game plan of running the ball because that's something the Steelers struggle against and it controls the clocking (keeping the Steelers offense on the sidelines). It's a tough one as you just don't see the Pats* losing two games in a row. However, I believe in our boys in this game.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:59 pm

you are crazy your real crazy ... crazy if you the think ... that zone defense is going to stop tommy boy...

two deep zone on Gronk, man coverage everyone else, spread out NE pass blocking o-line loop OLBs inside the DEs, tighten up the NE pass blocking o-line and loop the ILB outside the DE's hell throw in a zone blitz every now and when.

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:05 am

I cant imagine a Patriots* team not throwing the ball. I think we can take away the run and get to Brady if we tackle like we should. We also need to take Gronk out of this game.

If we don't give Brady time to make throws and stop the run we win.

We can run with Bell/Connor and manage the clock, set up play action and let AB be AB. Ju Ju is back and JJ can roam the middle for Ben's safety valve. Line Bell up wide when we have an empty backfield to keep their defense honest.

If we do all of this and we don't have further injuries I think we win.

Note: Sensebaugh hasn't practiced and Hayden is a game time decision. That leaves Sutton and I think he can handle it.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:16 am

I Sha-lieve! Yeah, I put it out there.

I certainly have my doubts about this game b/c Marsha usually comes back after a bad game with one of his best. However, this year Brady hasn't been himself.

I agree the front 7 needs to put the heat on Brady early and often. The Steelers offense needs to put a beating on the Patriots****** defense and wear them down early with a heavy dose of Bell and a combination of no huddle offense to keep the defense off kilter. As mentioned, we need 7s, not 3s.

I'd like to see the defense get aggressive at the LOS, chucking the WRs at the line. Put Harrison on Gronk at the line, chuck him off in to coverage, then have him get after Brady. DBs need to be physical with the WRs. However, something tells me the officials aren't going to allow our DBs to be as physical as Miami's were last week. What I saw was a lot of hand checking down field. Things we've been called for in past games.

In the end, I do beli - no, I SHALIEVE! this team can get the job done. Something tells me Bo$well is going to be a deciding factor for the 4th week in a row. And he's solid money!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 am

I will be going to this game, and admittedly, before last week, i Was whole heatedly expecting us to get destroyed like Brady always does to us. However, watching him play last week it was like someone just told him his dog died. Their defense is nothing to speak of, and if our swiss cheese secondary can put up a stop or two with a possible turnover, we have a real shot. I think our defensive front will step up to stop the run attack and if we can just get to that baby Brady....it's possible for us all to witness a Christmas miracle.

If that happens, the road to the Superbowl will be through Heinz field and I'll put our boys up against anyone right now as they continue to find ways to win.

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 am

We need to beat the Bradytriots and either Houston or Cleveland so if the Jags win out it won't matter.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:32 am

Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster: Limited by hamstring injury

Smith-Schuster (hamstring) was limited at practice Thursday.
Smith-Schuster, who is back from a one-game suspension, was added to the Steelers' injury report Thursday, so his status for Sunday's game against the Patriots* is worth monitoring.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-juju-smith-schuster-limited-by-hamstring-injury/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:38 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

Smith-Schuster, who is back from a one-game suspension, was added to the Steelers' injury report Thursday, so his status for Sunday's game against the Patriots** is worth monitoring.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-juju-smith-schuster-limited-by-hamstring-injury/

Ugh. This wouldn't be so bad if I had any kind of confidence in Bryant, but he hasn't shown much at all this year. Having JuJu as another threat is definitely preferred for this game.

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:29 pm

@solardave wrote:
We need to beat the Bradytriots and either Houston or Cleveland so if the Jags win out it won't matter.

If I'm figuring right, with first tiebreaker being conference record between Jags/NE; a Jags win and Pats* loss this weekend puts them both at 10-4. Jags would have a 9-2 conference record to Pats* 7-3. So a 2 game lead in wins with 2 to play. It would be awesome seeing Pats* pull 3 seed and be playing 1st weekend against someone like Balt.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:51 pm

My mood on this kind of keeps going back and forth. I feel like Steelers have the better team and even with the defensive injuries can pull it off. Last year they held them to 27 points at Heinz with the defense probably not as good as it is right now. They very well could have won had Ben played. I think the offense has more weapons and is really clicking right now. But nerves are starting to get the better of me. Keep thinking about things that could happen. If nothing else I'll be glad when this is over to settle my nerves and so I don't have to see cheats coach and players faces everytime I look at Steelers websites.

I've been Steelers fan since 1978 and this would be my greatest non-postseason game ever if they win.

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:18 pm

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
I've been Steelers fan since 1978 and this would be my greatest non-postseason game ever if they win.

Understandably so. In my opinion (Well I've been a fan since 1990), this IS the biggest non-postseason game the Steelers were ever in. It's not just us playing for a #1 seed, it's to prove we finally can slay the dragon. And on top of that, it's a must-win for the Patriots** as well. If they lose this game, and Jacksonville wins out (very possible), the Patriots** drop to the #3 seed regardless if they win their last 2. Both teams are coming in hungry and it will be an intense game.

I'm a believer because this team has finally shown that mental toughness that's required to be a champion. It's not been easy to watch, but there is no quit in this team, even when our best defensive player / leader went down. There's just something special about this team, and it's why I feel this is the year where the Patriots* dominance against them is coming to an end.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:

Understandably so. In my opinion (Well I've been a fan since 1990), this IS the biggest non-postseason game the Steelers were ever in. It's not just us playing for a #1 seed, it's to prove we finally can slay the dragon. And on top of that, it's a must-win for the Patriots*** as well. If they lose this game, and Jacksonville wins out (very possible), the Patriots*** drop to the #3 seed regardless if they win their last 2. Both teams are coming in hungry and it will be an intense game.

I'm a believer because this team has finally shown that mental toughness that's required to be a champion. It's not been easy to watch, but there is no quit in this team, even when our best defensive player / leader went down. There's just something special about this team, and it's why I feel this is the year where the Patriots** dominance against them is coming to an end.

You said it much more eloquently than I did. Slay the dragon we should have t-shirts made.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Ben needs to have a very good day. Pats** will try to stop Bell and Brown, so the TE’s and Bell out of the backfield should have a good day. JJSS and or MB should have good production too. If we exploit that Brown and Bell should eventually come alive and take advantage in the 4th.

I’m hoping Burns and Sutton (Haden hopefully)? Can have good days and hold their own as well. I don’t like the idea of a shootout with Brady. We barely got by doing that against Flacco. I think we should be ok, if these things happen.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:45 pm

@Lokki wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

Smith-Schuster, who is back from a one-game suspension, was added to the Steelers' injury report Thursday, so his status for Sunday's game against the Patriots*** is worth monitoring.

Ugh.  This wouldn't be so bad if I had any kind of confidence in Bryant, but he hasn't shown much at all this year.  Having JuJu as another threat is definitely preferred for this game.  

Spot on.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:07 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
The Patriots** defensive front 7 is a bunch of average guys at best. Their secondary is real good. .

@kirklandrules can you explain how you think their secondary is any good? Overall, they are rated 30th in the league versus opposing wide receivers and I haven't seen anything good out of them this year. Having Ben be on, feeding Brown, hopefully JuJu, James, and MB occasionally is the key to this game with Bell managing the clock.

He better anyway because I'm starting him over Dak in my FF playoffs....lol

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Quote :
TE Vance McDonald is out. Joe Haden, JuJu Smith-Schuster and Coty Sensabaugh are questionable.

Haden being questionable is better news than expected but hopefully JuJu can go. It's too bad McDonald is out. He made some good catches last game.

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:05 am

@Drizztbob wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:
The Patriots*** defensive front 7 is a bunch of average guys at best. Their secondary is real good. .

@kirklandrules can you explain how you think their secondary is any good? Overall, they are rated 30th in the league versus opposing wide receivers and I haven't seen anything good out of them this year.  Having Ben be on, feeding Brown, hopefully JuJu, James, and MB occasionally is the key to this game with Bell managing the clock.

He better anyway because I'm starting him over Dak in my FF playoffs....lol

Wow had no idea they were that low in yardage allowed. However, their starting lineup is Malcom Butler, Patrick Chung, Devin McCourty, and Stephon Gilmore, all really good players
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:03 am

I'll believe as soon as it really happens

There could be something more going on with Brady:
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/12/12/alex-guerrero-Patriots*-tom-brady-zolak-bertrand/
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 am

The reason I said the Pats* secondary is good was due to the quality of the individuals playing secondary positions. You can disregard the 30th ranking, because the first 4 games were a train wreck for that secondary. However, they have played much better the past 9 games. Aside from the Miami game, they were holding teams to 17 or fewer points. They didn't look as good against Miami, but I blame the Pats* offense going 0-11 on 3rd downs and forcing the defense on the field for a good bit of the game. They've got talent on the back end. Patrick Chung is their best player on the back end, but limped off in the Miami game, so who knows.

So, the Pats* front 7 are a bunch of nobodies. Alan Branch is out and he's their big run stuffer. LB Kyle Van Noy is probably their best front 7 player and he's been out and is listed as questionable against the Steelers. Trey Flowers is their sack leader, but has been out and now questionable.

In general, that Pats* defense is banged up. The Steelers better take advantage of this game to ensure the next meeting is at home.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:14 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
The reason I said the Pats** secondary is good was due to the quality of the individuals playing secondary positions. You can disregard the 30th ranking, because the first 4 games were a train wreck for that secondary. However, they have played much better the past 9 games. Aside from the Miami game, they were holding teams to 17 or fewer points. They didn't look as good against Miami, but I blame the Pats** offense going 0-11 on 3rd downs and forcing the defense on the field for a good bit of the game. They've got talent on the back end. Patrick Chung is their best player on the back end, but limped off in the Miami game, so who knows.

So, the Pats** front 7 are a bunch of nobodies.  Alan Branch is out and he's their big run stuffer. LB Kyle Van Noy is probably their best front 7 player and he's been out and is listed as questionable against the Steelers. Trey Flowers is their sack leader, but has been out and now questionable.

In general, that Pats** defense is banged up. The Steelers better take advantage of this game to ensure the next meeting is at home.

We're banged up too on D but you're right. We need to run the ball well enough to control the clock. 7s instead of 3s for us and 3s instead of 7s for them. It's time we made Brady feel his age and Belichick feel like he wishes he could be cheating and getting away with it again.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:50 pm

It is all right there for the Steelers. A home game with a chance to kick their nemesis in the teeth and stay home for the rest of the year with the exception of the Texans game. A win gives them the opportunity to rest some players and get healthy before the playoffs and a chance to throw the cheats down to the 3 seed. There really doesn't seem to be a real strong team in the NFC after Wentz injury. It all starts tomorrow. I hope the coaches and players rise to the occasion. They say they've been waiting for this game since last year. I hope it shows tomorrow.

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:17 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call me crazy, but I believe   

Back to top Go down

Call me crazy, but I believe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: