HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:45 am

Yes, the outcome sucked, yes you can blame the officials - hell hand them a goat if you'd like, but let's list them.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:51 am

Gameballs:
Offense - overall a great job and put points on the board (even the 6 that was reversed)
Defense - finally we saw them doing what is required to get Brady and the Patriots****** offense off their game. Although it would've been nice to do it in the final 3 minutes.
Ju-Ju - great grab and run late in the game to set us up at the 10

Goats:
Butler/Porter - this was the game I expected to see Deebo unleashed on Brady but I don't think he even made the field
Tomlin/Haley - not spiking the ball
Ben - throwing the INT in the end zone knowing he was covered
Refs - by allowing the 'Catch' rule to be interpreted creates uncertainty and definition on the field by players, coaches, and fans. Missing blatant holding/PI calls but calling ticky tack fouls. Your bias is showing!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Refs get the goats end of story. They missed many calls on the Pats* that they called on us. Absolute shit.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:03 pm

goat... the last Steelers offensive play of the game the inside slant route should of call the fade route you either complete it or the ball out of bounds or a quick look and throw the ball out the back of the endzone.

the play was a gamble and we lost that one.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:16 pm

goat - sean davis ,keith butler.
davis couldn't cover a pile of dog shit with a dump truck full of lime. gronk run/ran a 4.68 forty. so why in the fuck was davis always a full yard behind him every catch he made  ? where was mitchell on the back to back 26 yard receptions ? how many times do you watch davis get burned by a 265lb guy that runs only a 4.68 in shorts before you tell your safety (mitchell) to double up on gronk ? and by double up i don't mean give him a 10 yd back peddling cushion.
losing a jump ball to a guy that's 6'7" is forgivable , but not being able to stay in his back pocket and even challenge a single reception is putrid coverage.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:59 pm

No gameballs, although guys on both offense and defense played well, for the most part

Goats: refs very obviously for the ‘non TD’ and the myriad of missed calls against the patsies. That was an embarrassing game by the refs.

Butler for not adjusting to Gronkowski and where was Deebo? After all Watt wasn’t getting much pressure,
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 pm

I read it here every damn time we lose or win a close one, always blaming the coaches. I know some of you folks think you could do a better job, LMAO, but the fact is NE has our number. Blame the refs all you want, we had opportunities to put the game away and didn't make the plays that were there, specifically Sean Davis dropping a game sealing interception. And blaming Davis because he couldn't cover Gronk, are you serious, no one in the NFL can cover him. End of rant. I bleed black and gold and have since I was 10 years old (45 years ago) Yesterday those gys played there asses off and IMO, if we meet in the playoffs it will be a different outcome, We will take them. NO goats for me on this day!!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:50 pm

@Rick5895 wrote:
I read it here every damn time we lose or win a close one, always blaming the coaches.  I know some of you folks think you could do a better job, LMAO, but the fact is NE has our number.  Blame the refs all you want, we had opportunities to put the game away and didn't make the plays that were there, specifically Sean Davis dropping a game sealing interception.  And blaming Davis because he couldn't cover Gronk, are you serious, no one in the NFL can cover him.  End of rant.  I bleed black and gold and have since I was 10 years old (45 years ago) Yesterday those gys played there asses off and IMO, if we meet in the playoffs it will be a different outcome, We will take them.  NO goats for me on this day!!
giving up 77 yds (his avg per game) to gronk is one thing, but giving up 168 yds is a special kind of shitty coverage. you say no one can can cover him but yet the chiefs and raiders managed to keep him in check with 33 and 37 yds . and what did butler do/change to assist the burnt and beaten davis ? nothing.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:11 am

Gronk was also pushing off all game. Instead of Davis checking him coming off of the line he let him push him around. I don't care how big the dude is: if the refs are not going to call offensive PI on Gronk I'd be hitting him as hard as I could to disrupt his timing. He only had 1 good catch that I saw. The rest were "gimmees" I would rather have seen Watt covering him or at least his double. After all isn't "taking away" their best player a sound strategy? So yeah, Davis gets a Goat.

With that exception we played the defense that can and will beat them. We scored when we needed to on offense including the game winner to JJ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats   

Back to top Go down

Steelers v Patriots****** gameballs and goats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: