HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:24 pm

8 Steelers by my count. It's great for all of them but especially nice to see Boswell make it

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/261676/selections-for-the-2018-nfl-pro-bowl
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:19 am

If I was them I'd boycott. To hell with the pro bowl. Who actually watches it anyway?

Having said that every damn one of them deserve to be there.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Surprises: Boswell, Villanueva, Shazier

Snub: Heyward, obviously

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:17 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Surprises: Boswell, Villanueva, Shazier

Snub: Heyward, obviously

Villanueva is a surprise, but I think Shazier and the Bos are not. Boswell has been clutch this year, and Shaz was having a defensive MVP-worthy season before the injury.

Heyward is a snub for sure, but I don't find it all that surprising. It's a 4-3 league for the most part, so good 3-4 linemen don't get the respect they deserve. If you're not getting 15+ sacks a season you can forget the pro bowl.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:40 pm

I think Vince Williams is having a fantastic season.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:56 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Yeah agree with that. There seemed to be some doubt whether he could start but he's been solid.

Pro Bowl isn't anything like baseball's All Star game but always cool to see Steelers make it to the original team before all the players bailing out/getting replaced on it. Heyward should be there too. I think Boswell more than earned it but it always seems no matter how good a season a Steelers kicker has someone else gets it. He has officially earned a spot onto the Killer B's this season.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:10 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
Villanueva is a surprise, but I think Shazier and the Bos are not. Boswell has been clutch this year, and Shaz was having a defensive MVP-worthy season before the injury.

I'm not suggesting that they don't deserve it ... only that I'm surprised people outside of Steeler Nation recognized them. Especially in Boswell's case, where one of the best kickers in the league is in the same division.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:34 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
PFF has a 71.2 (average) grade on williams this year.  given the success some teams have had running the ball on the steelers , i'd say the grade is accurate. teams have rushed 330 times for 1415 yds ,a 4.3 avg ...that amounts to a better running game than the steelers have with 3.9 avg bell. teams didn't run on them like that under farriors watch ..

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/vince-williams/7988
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:11 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:

I'm not suggesting that they don't deserve it ... only that I'm surprised people outside of Steeler Nation recognized them. Especially in Boswell's case, where one of the best kickers in the league is in the same division.

I'm betting that Villanueva got some extra votes due to name recognition from when he stood outside of the tunnel when the rest of the team stayed in. Just like his jersey sales soared after that.

PostSubject: Re: Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl   

Back to top Go down

Selections for the 2018 NFL Pro Bowl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: