HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:56 pm

It's starting to feel a little like piling on. Oh well ...

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:06 am

Multiple Steelers blast James Harrison, who says playing time was reason for exit

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21893214/multiple-pittsburgh-steelers-blast-james-harrison-forcing-exit

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:12 am

From https://scout.com/nfl/steelers/Article/Steelers-Rip-Harrison-As-Selfish-112790805/Amp?__twitter_impression=true

Marcus Gilbert was more direct. He lockers next to rookie T.J. Watt, who didn't want to talk about the departure of his veteran backup. But Gilbert did.

"The thing I hate," Gilbert started, "if he's as real as he says he is, why doesn't he come out and tell his side of the story? His real side of the story? He didn't want to be here at all."

Was Harrison disruptive?
"A distraction? Yeah," Gilbert said.
"I mean, if you don't want to be here, if you don't want to help the guys who are in front of you, like a rookie who's pretty much learning on his own, and Bud, who's a young guy, too, then there's no place for that here. We're all about winning. If you can't respect that, well, his wishes were granted. He won't tell you guys that, but those were his wishes."

Gilbert said he was aware Harrison wanted to leave "from the very beginning. It was one of these things where I feel like he needs to come out and say something. He knew he didn't want to be here. You can't tell your agent to go speak for him and say he wanted to be here, because that wasn't the case. A lot of guys were giving up blood, sweat and tears every weekend and this guy was selfish enough to not give a damn about any of these guys. That was every single week from the beginning of the season."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:56 am

I just hope he goes out a looser. I don't see him retiring from the Steelers now. He can announce his retirement from the Cheats for all I care.

When you play the game as long as he has and the young guy comes in to take your place if you have any integrity, sense of team, you help him all you can and it sounds to me like he did little or nothing. I have no respect for him now.
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:39 am

I have watched this unfold all season long. When James was released I figured it was because he went to the team and asked for his release and he was granted that out of respect. Watching the media and the fans up in arms over his release before all the facts came out was amusing to say the least. But you knew something must have been up, too many players coming out saying he didn't attend or slept through team meetings, wasn't around, and contrary to what all of us fans thought, didn't mentor or teach the young guys...this all makes sense.
Harrison is still one of the best LB's to ever play for the Steelers, that won't change, but he seems to exhibits the me first attitude too may in team sports exhibit now a days. The Steelers did the right thing here and by the looks of things its bringing the team together more. I echo Pounceys sentiment...Bye, have fun
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 am

I lost a lot of respect for Deebo. Bud Dupree said he hasn't visited Shazier in the hospital, that's your teammate. That's a guy you've played alongside of, fought with, practiced with... Not visiting him after that kind of injury is pretty pathetic. I get being disgruntled about not playing, but letting that keep you from visiting an injured teammate is low. Then to top it off you sign with the worst of the worst. Harrison has burnt his last bridge with me. I hope he rides the pine in New England and goes out with a whimper. Fucking selfish traitor in my book. I won't mince words.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 am

Steelers are simply piling on Harrison at this point. Something went seriously wrong in that locker room.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13117124-74/maurkice-pouncey-destroys-james-harrison-he-erased-his-own-legacy-with-steelers?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=TRS&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1514437635
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:13 am

1. This is a business, and the Steelers & Deebo are at the business end of it.
2. I can understand a player not wanting to see another player in the hospital. There are people who refuse to go to the hospital for the simple fact they superstitious about it and don't like the feeling it brings.
3. Disruptive behavior is never good going in to the playoffs, so the Steelers had to do what they had to do (see #1).
4. The business at hand is to win in the playoffs, to win in January, and more importantly to win in February.
5. I don't blame Deebo, he thinks he has more in the tank, but what I am upset about is him going to a team he's made comments about and towards while in Pittsburgh. So IMO, this was done to spit in the face of the Steelers (and Steelers Nation).
6. Eventually these actions will be forgotten and when he retires, he'll retire a Steeler.
7. I wish him well in week 17 against the Jets.
8. I hope he gets blown up in the playoffs

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 am

Th reason he wasn't getting game time is because he's not up to it anymore, so I'm not too fussed where he goes he's not a loss. I actually hope he lines up against us should our paths meet again as it should say a fair bit about their defence.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Remember a few years ago when Deebo went to Cincinnati for a season to get that money??  Yeah, this is the same guy, doing it again and he'll be just as productive in New England as he was in Cinci.

Bye Felicia.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:47 pm

I hope this acts as a means to draw the team together. It really seems like this may be drawing them together against harrison and NE

I really don't feel like there is much left in his tank. I'm not saying he can't make a play or 2 but he is a 40 year old guy who hasn't played all year in a position that requires some speed. Judging from the Steelers players comments it's not like he's going to be a good teammate and help them that way. I heard some NE fans at work today talking like they have the 2008 defensive MVP playing for them.

How freakin low are the cheats? Why would you take a player that came right out and called you cheaters for everything from Spygate to deflating?

I had completely forgotten about the comments from Joey Porter last summer. I remember they surprised me at the time because I wasn't expecting Watt to be playing that much

JOE STARKEY wrote:
Something doesn’t make sense here.

On one hand, you have New England Patriots* linebacker James Harrison (that doesn’t sound right) telling the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Gerry Dulac he was promised 25 percent of the snaps at outside linebacker this season.

On the other, you had linebackers coach Joey Porter telling the Post-Gazette’s Ed Bouchette — way back on Aug. 14 — that Harrison would be nothing more than a “safety net” and that starters Bud Dupree and T.J. Watt would “just play until they’re tired. … But to be honest going in, we have two young first-rounders who shouldn’t be tired.”

That doesn’t sound like a 75-25 plan.

If Porter was that up front regarding such a legendary player, referring to Harrison as a “relief pitcher,” how could it be that Harrison was receiving a totally different message behind closed doors?

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2017/12/27/Joe-Starkey-James-Harrison-quitter-Bud-Dupree-Maurkice-Pouncey/stories/201712270179
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:55 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I lost a lot of respect for Deebo. Bud Dupree said he hasn't visited Shazier in the hospital, that's your teammate. That's a guy you've played alongside of, fought with, practiced with... Not visiting him after that kind of injury is pretty pathetic. I get being disgruntled about not playing, but letting that keep you from visiting an injured teammate is low. Then to top it off you sign with the worst of the worst. Harrison has burnt his last bridge with me. I hope he rides the pine in New England and goes out with a whimper. Fucking selfish traitor in my book. I won't mince words.

Well said as Pouncey said he erased his legacy. Be funny as hell seeing him retiring as a cheatriot on the 2-3 games that he played a few plays in.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:49 am

From http://m.steelers.com/news/labriola-on/article-4/Labriola-on-Steelers-Harrison-breakup/0a68c00a-6109-4cd5-9d46-f2fa7f6d934e

Harrison has said he first approached the Steelers about releasing him early in the season, but according to the reported details of his contract, he already had been paid $1 million in signing and roster bonuses, and it would've made no sense to give a guy money up-front to be an insurance policy and then cut him less than one month into a four-month regular season.

Harrison apparently responded to not getting his way by acting out.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Sad to watch his legacy wither into this baby game bullshit.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:46 am

Ben LOL

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:41 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

Ben LOL

lol too bad my wife didn't think about this before she threw her harrison jersey. I'm a big Boswell fan and would have approved
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:06 am

I have to wonder if Belecheat contacted him before he was released. It';s not like he hasn't done this in the past.
Harrison= Blount.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:26 am

Have to wonder the same Dave. Belichick is shady af.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:21 pm

James Harrison impresses in his debut for Patriots*

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: Jan. 1, 2018

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000901559/article/james-harrison-impresses-in-his-debut-for-Patriots*

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:34 am

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
James Harrison impresses in his debut for Patriots**

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: Jan. 1, 2018

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000901559/article/james-harrison-impresses-in-his-debut-for-Patriots**

Watching the video, he did look well rested and full of the energy we're use to seeing as a Steelers fan. Belicheat has a way of reviving old careers if only for a minute. The question is will Harrison be useful to them in the playoffs - most likely.

He definitely showed the energy and exuberance Steeler fans were use to seeing. Should he be the difference maker for the Patriots****** during the playoff run, this will be a shit storm against the Steelers coaching staff for not using Harrison down the stretch and through the playoffs.

This is how I see all this playing out, should the Steelers and Patriots****** play in the AFC Championship game.

1. The Steelers know him well and they'll do their best to avoid going straight at him, but instead use his up field pash rush against him and Bell will blow past him. On passing downs, if he's covering, I anticipate he'll be on The Outlaw Jesse James and I'd give the edge to Jesse, but he needs to have sure hands because the freight train is coming. Eventually Harrison will gas out, belicheat will tire of it, and he'll end up on the bench and the Steelers will be headed to their 9th Super Bowl.

2. Harrison geeks up for this game and disrupts Haley's game plan throughout the entire 60 minutes of play. The O-line can't contain him, and when attempting to double team him, someone else breaks loose on Ben. Harrison has sold his soul to the devil (well he's done that anyway) en route to another Super Bowl ring.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:27 am

http://www.12up.com/posts/5943542-leaked-steelers-insider-says-james-harrison-is-a-mole-for-pittsburgh?a_aid=42767

Is it posssible?

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:43 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
http://www.12up.com/posts/5943542-leaked-steelers-insider-says-james-harrison-is-a-mole-for-pittsburgh?a_aid=42767

Is it posssible?

How cool would that be. I can here Brady now "it was like they knew everything we were doing" and Harrison was missing assignments like crazy. He pulled a reverse Blount on us.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 pm

been a Steelers fan for a long time seen so many great players come and go so when a player leaves to me its you got paid well bye bye next up and what gems are in next years draft.

if they were giving me a % of money out of their pay check then I would feel bad.  

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison   

Back to top Go down

Steelers activate Gilbert and release James Harrison
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: